PDA

View Full Version : Watch Congressional Lunacy almost in real-time on Justin Amash's FB page.

Cowlesy
03-01-2011, 06:19 AM
I have been telling my non-political-wonk friends to 'Like' his page just to see the sausage being made.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/repjustinamash

Just in the last day, here are a few highlights.

Here's the roll call for Amendment 410 to H R 1, which eliminates all salaries and expenses for the National Labor Relations Board. The amendment saves $233 million. The NLRB is a notoriously political organization, and some of its investigations are not properly within interstate commerce (a constitutional authorization of federal regulation). I voted yes. It failed 176-250.

Conservative Stalwart ;) Paul Ryan voted No.

Here's the roll call for Amendment 532 to H R 1, which reverses a prohibition on the use of funds for certain Native Hawaiian and Alaskan education programs. These programs are earmarks. I voted no. It passed 313-117.

More retarded spending.

Here's the roll call for Amendment 457 to H R 1, which cuts $100 million from Community Service Block Grants. President Obama's own budget says the program "does not hold [the recipient local agencies] accountable for outcomes." I voted yes. It failed 115-316.

Where are all these Republicans we elected????????

just voted no on H R 347, which, among other things, makes it easier to criminally prosecute a person who enters an area occupied by certain government officials. This bill is so broad that if the Speaker of the House visits a McDonald's, and they shut down the place for him (or her) but forget to lock the door, and you enter, you can go to prison for up to 10 years. No intent to harm required. The bill passed 399-3.

Nobles need more protection laws than us mundanes, apparently.

Here's the roll call for Amendment 379 to H R 1, which intends to eliminate funding for a sewer project in Tijuana, Mexico. The amendment saves $10 million. Setting aside constitutional concerns, with a $1.65 trillion deficit this year, why would we fund a foreign city project? I voted yes. It passed 228-203.

Wow. They did something right for once. But you should hear the hyenas on this one. "OMG WTF. DO YOU KNOW THE LEECHING THAT GOES INTO THE USA FROM THAT? THE ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE WILL BE ENORMOUS! YOU'RE A FOOL!"

brenden.b
03-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Justin Amash is the Wikileaks of the U.S. Congress. These are the types of votes they don't want us knowing about.

aGameOfThrones
03-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Bump!

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Here's the roll call for Amend. 85, which intends to eliminate the International Forestry Program. It saves $7 million. The sponsor said, "[T]his past year, this program funded field trips for students in Mexico to follow the migration of monarch butterflies [and] research in China to protect the Panda habitat and make sure that we didn't have the infestation of forest pests in China." I voted yes. It failed 171-256.

Cheryl McCallister Mince Justin K your understanding of "general welfare" is not accurate.
Yesterday at 5:25am · 2 people

WTH? That comment got two thumbs up? I am surprised Amash followers haven't voted that comment to hot topics...

Cowlesy
03-01-2011, 08:49 AM
WTH? That comment got two thumbs up? I am surprised Amash followers haven't voted that comment to hot topics...

Another reason why we all need to be actively engaged.

I've seen a lot of opposition popping up on his FB page. I doubt FedGov bureaucrats like all this minutae being aired out for all of us to see.

angelatc
03-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Another reason why we all need to be actively engaged.

I've seen a lot of opposition popping up on his FB page. I doubt FedGov bureaucrats like all this minutae being aired out for all of us to see.

Yes, but swarming his page and turning it into a battleground.....is that a good strategy? I have to refrain from battle there, but so far I've done it well.

Chester Copperpot
03-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Yeah I follow Justin on FB all the time.. SO far it seems EVERY new spending bill gets approved (with justin voting against) and every bill to STOP spending fails (with Justin voting for)

So I see little reality of the GOP cutting spending of any kind.

malkusm
03-01-2011, 09:04 AM
just voted no on H R 347, which, among other things, makes it easier to criminally prosecute a person who enters an area occupied by certain government officials. This bill is so broad that if the Speaker of the House visits a McDonald's, and they shut down the place for him (or her) but forget to lock the door, and you enter, you can go to prison for up to 10 years. No intent to harm required. The bill passed 399-3.

From the comments:

Ron Paul, Paul Broun, and I voted no.

ItsTime
03-01-2011, 09:33 AM
From the comments:

We tripled our numbers!

Chester Copperpot
03-01-2011, 09:36 AM
I gotta give it to that Dr. Paul Brouhn... he seems to be sticking by his word. The more doctors with Paul in their name the better

TruckinMike
03-01-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm starting to like Justin Amash again! :D I have been grumbling over his rule change vote concerning the patriot act. I'll take the smidgen of bad with the flood gates of Great!

WoW! That is wonderful. I hope he keeps it up.

Brett85
03-01-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm starting to like Justin Amash again! :D I have been grumbling over his rule change vote concerning the patriot act. I'll take the smidgen of bad with the flood gates of Great!

WoW! That is wonderful. I hope he keeps it up.

A smidgen of bad? Because he voted with his party on a meaningless procedural vote? Ridiculous.

TruckinMike
03-01-2011, 01:59 PM
A smidgen of bad? Because he voted with his party on a meaningless procedural vote? Ridiculous.

Your rude response to my overall praise of Amash warrants a smart ass response in return. Here it is...

Amash worship hour starts every hour on the hour - daily... Oh, but you knew that already.

Tit-for-tat :D

TMike

Brian4Liberty
03-01-2011, 02:53 PM
But you should hear the hyenas on this one. "OMG WTF. DO YOU KNOW THE LEECHING THAT GOES INTO THE USA FROM THAT? THE ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE WILL BE ENORMOUS! YOU'RE A FOOL!"

Good stuff about Amash! I certainly agree with his votes.

A little "locals" info on Tijuana sewage: it is right on the border with San Diego. Raw sewage from Tijuana goes directly into the ocean, which sometimes ends up in the ocean (and beaches) in San Diego. A small problem for those who go in the water. Obviously it's not a Federal issue, and the city or county of San Diego should feel free to help Tijuana build new waste plants if they want.