PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2012 -- Support the Troops

Matthew Zak
03-01-2011, 12:29 AM
I got a video editing program to work, so I went back to work making Ron Paul videos. This one focuses on our foreign policy, and how Ron Paul is the man for the job. What do you think? What should I change?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFfzRJSq740

freshjiva
03-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Solid work!! Really, nice job with piecing this together with the music.

The only suggestion I have is to perhaps go back and forth with clips of Ron Paul - Now, and Ron Paul - Then, and show how consistent he has been with this message.

I'd definitely take clips from this video when he lashed out at Bill Clinton for bombing Iraq, Sudan, and Afghanistan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZtPzOukjZA

You will also find similar noninterventionist themes from the 1988 videos.

I think if we can send home the message of the merits of noninterventionism AND how Ron Paul has been remarkably consistent with this, it will enhance the power of the video even more.

Matthew Zak
03-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Awesome, I forgot about that video, I love it, and would definitely like to put that in there. I'll make adjustments tomorrow. :) Thanks.

emazur
03-01-2011, 01:33 AM
good work - you should try to fix the audio sync of that bald soldier if you can, and at the end I think you should add 1 or 2 of these quotes with pictures of the men saying them:
"Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he has always put them first." -Ronald Reagan (http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2010/11/the-tea-party-8217-s-brain/8280/) (there are some great pictures of Paul and Reagan together that would be good to use)

As a leader, Congressman Paul is well researched and versed in an array of issues, while also having an incredible grasp of the U.S. Constitution and its impact on economics, government and war. This understanding serves as a baseline for everything he advocates. He handily beat all Republican candidates three years ago in the debates--as a matter of fact, he embarrassed them.
- Retired U.S. Army Major Don Vandergriff. "The visionary: Ron Paul (http://views.washingtonpost.com/leadership/panelists/2010/12/ron-paul.html)", Washington Post, Dec. 20, 2010

Also I don't know if this was intentional or not but several of the clips looked like videos with static you'd see on analog tv over an antenna

Matthew Zak
03-01-2011, 01:43 AM
good work - you should try to fix the audio sync of that bald soldier if you can, and at the end I think you should add 1 or 2 of these quotes with pictures of the men saying them:
"Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he has always put them first." -Ronald Reagan (http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2010/11/the-tea-party-8217-s-brain/8280/) (there are some great pictures of Paul and Reagan together that would be good to use)

As a leader, Congressman Paul is well researched and versed in an array of issues, while also having an incredible grasp of the U.S. Constitution and its impact on economics, government and war. This understanding serves as a baseline for everything he advocates. He handily beat all Republican candidates three years ago in the debates--as a matter of fact, he embarrassed them.
- Retired U.S. Army Major Don Vandergriff. "The visionary: Ron Paul (http://views.washingtonpost.com/leadership/panelists/2010/12/ron-paul.html)", Washington Post, Dec. 20, 2010

Also I don't know if this was intentional or not but several of the clips looked like videos with static you'd see on analog tv over an antenna

Good tips, thank you.

Yeah, the static was intentional, many of the clips were high or low quality, making the flow very difficult to manage, so I tried to unify them some how. I just got this program so I don't know how to use it that well yet. I had another effect in mind, but I couldn't find it or figure out how to create it.

dblee
03-01-2011, 01:49 AM
sounds like you encoded the audio wrong. the dropouts often occur when someone drops mp3's or other compressed audio into an editing timeline without first converting them to the native sample rate of the video sequence. check your sequence settings, and use itunes or another program to convert the audio to PCM or some other uncompressed codec at whatever matches your sequence settings: 44.1khz or 48khz

Then you can recompress the whole video and upload to youtube, i believe youtube prefers 44.1 khz sample rate at 128 bit rate.

Great video btw.

Matthew Zak
03-01-2011, 01:56 AM
sounds like you encoded the audio wrong. the dropouts often occur when someone drops mp3's or other compressed audio into an editing timeline without first converting them to the native sample rate of the video sequence. check your sequence settings, and use itunes or another program to convert the audio to PCM or some other uncompressed codec at whatever matches your sequence settings: 44.1khz or 48khz

Then you can recompress the whole video and upload to youtube, i believe youtube prefers 44.1 khz sample rate at 128 bit rate.

Great video btw.

I actually faded everything that way on purpose, but I did upload it to youtube at 160, rather than 128. I rushed through this little project really quickly because I was excited to have this program up and running. :D

What I really want is to come up with a master video that a cross section of the liberty movement would agree upon, and spend weeks putting it together -- something that would not just be fun to make but inspire people and send a clear and convincing message. The videos I've been doing lately are more for fun, to tickle fellow revolutionaries. I started this video earlier today. haha. I guess I'm feeling inspired lately.

Thomas
03-01-2011, 10:15 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/US-Armed-Forces-for-Ron-Paul-2012/201647249847014

Fredom101
03-01-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't support the troops, so I disagree on this one.

newbitech
03-01-2011, 11:26 AM
I was thinking a few weeks back that if the grassroots started a project to send care packages to US Troops abroad, it would be a great sign of solidarity and possibly bring some fence sitters over to our side.

Yeah, they should't be there, but they were just as duped as most folks in this country up until a few years ago. Also, those troops gave more to Ron Paul in his 2008 run than they gave to all other candidates combined. Why not give back and reciprocate? Show them the love of the grassroots and little america!

Jeremy
03-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Ron Paul was the only candidate that served in the military, correct?

Philhelm
03-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Ron Paul was the only candidate that served in the military, correct?

McCain was the only other one I can think of. This go around, it is possible that Ron would be the only candidate to have served, at least as far as I know.

Thomas
03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
I don't support the troops, so I disagree on this one.

ok, well don't go around telling voters that

Romulus
03-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Great message and good way to dispel the myth that Ron Paul doesn't 'support troops'. Driving home the point that he was an air force veteran didnt come across in this movie, the rest was great. Thanks