PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Ron Paul Predicting 911 in 1999

BarryDonegan
02-28-2011, 10:56 PM
I haven't seen this video highlighted on the forums, and I searched and found no link, and I really think it deserves a close look. This is essentially Ron Paul clearly predicting the 911 attacks with a sense of urgency in his voice 2 full years before they happened, and his reasoning for why they might happen proved to be true. This is quite useful ammo against the people who say he is clueless on foreign policy, as this is demonstrable evidence that untold lives could have been saved if we had listened to him as a country then. This is good Facebook status feed educational material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGMNns32qVc

AZKing
02-28-2011, 11:24 PM
I suppose that it was always inevitable. If you look through the channel, he speaks quite often regarding our dealings with Bin Laden.

Thanks for the link. Enjoy watching these videos :)

IDefendThePlatform
02-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Yeah. at 3:32, a one line prediction that was unfortunately correct.

malkusm
02-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Wow! +rep, great find! This should be spread far and wide, I think it greatly helps the non-interventionist foreign policy position....

PermanentSleep
02-28-2011, 11:44 PM
I'd never seen this tube, so I appreciate you posting this. Cheers.

Bruno
02-28-2011, 11:50 PM
+ rep, Barry!

That was a fantastic speech! Man, 12 years ago, hard to believe how much has changed and how right he was.

TheDriver
02-28-2011, 11:52 PM
I like the video, but I strongly urge our supporters to focus on the economy and ObamaCare, not foreign policy. After the primary, there will be plenty of time to focus on it. Most GOPers watching this will just think Ron is a peace-loving-liberal on foreign policy, imo.

Bruno
02-28-2011, 11:57 PM
I like the video, but I strongly urge our supporters to focus on the economy and ObamaCare, not foreign policy. After the primary, there will be plenty of time to focus on it. Most GOPers watching this will just think Ron is a peace-loving-liberal on foreign policy, imo.

Ron doesn't seem to want to stop talking about it, so why should we? He's the most vocal opponent in Congress.

BarryDonegan
03-01-2011, 12:10 AM
I suppose that it was always inevitable. If you look through the channel, he speaks quite often regarding our dealings with Bin Laden.

Thanks for the link. Enjoy watching these videos :)

Yes! All those other videos on the channel regarding Bin Ladin in addition to this video = clear evidence that Ron Paul was aware of the emerging threat posed by Bin Ladin and the fact that our foreign policy was helping him rally the troops!

TheDriver
03-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Ron doesn't seem to want to stop talking about it, so why should we? He's the most vocal opponent in Congress.

Because "we" want Ron to win the primary. Rand wouldn't have won his primary if he wouldn't have listened to consultants/staffers guiding his foreign policy rhetoric.

Foreign policy isn't the issue, it was in 2007-08. I assume it's not the issue of the day because the left has called off the attack-hounds (Obama is Pres.) and the right never had any, but either way: it's not the issue of the day; at least not the issue motivating conservative (GOP) voters.

What will dominate GOP foreign policy debates will be criticizing Obama, nothing more, nothing less.

TIMB0B
03-01-2011, 12:12 AM

Our foreign policy is a contributing factor to why our economy is in the tank, but I see what you mean. However, even if he doesn't focus on it during the primaries, the moderators and MSM will continue to use it as a talking point against him. This time though, I think it will backfire because Obama is continuing the Bush foreign policy anyway, and the repubs will not support Obama's agenda by backing another warmongering repub out of spite of Dr. Paul (unless they want Obama reelected).

TheDriver
03-01-2011, 12:16 AM
If Ron wanted to lure some new supporters, he'd be weighing in on this union battle more, and we'd be spreading it. As it's the issue of the day, right now.

Sorry for getting off topic, as this is a nice find.

BarryDonegan
03-01-2011, 12:30 AM

There are times when this might be true, but one couldn't know about an upcoming race until the number of candidates is known. If there were a broad enough field, the anti-war positions alone might be the reason he won the primary. In a split enough field with enough tea partiers becoming skeptical of Afghanistan, it might be enough to eek out a win against a broad field of look alikes. Polling data on this among conservatives may demonstrate a change by then as well.

Maybe not, also, but it is a bit too early to tell. Anything can happen, and the political climate has been changing very rapidly ever since the Old Media began to lose their grip over consumers with more and more turning to the web.

ChrisDixon
03-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Wow, never seen this video before, but it is great. Nice find! Shared.

satchelmcqueen
03-01-2011, 08:48 PM
facebooked it! all my friends on here need to comment on it!

MegD4Freedom
03-01-2011, 09:08 PM
great post thank you!

BarryDonegan
03-04-2011, 06:20 PM

McBell
03-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Because "we" want Ron to win the primary. Rand wouldn't have won his primary if he wouldn't have listened to consultants/staffers guiding his foreign policy rhetoric.

Foreign policy isn't the issue, it was in 2007-08. I assume it's not the issue of the day because the left has called off the attack-hounds (Obama is Pres.) and the right never had any, but either way: it's not the issue of the day; at least not the issue motivating conservative (GOP) voters.

What will dominate GOP foreign policy debates will be criticizing Obama, nothing more, nothing less.
What good is winning if we don't actually convince people?

low preference guy
03-04-2011, 06:52 PM
What good is winning if we don't actually convince people?

being able to veto the budget, slash spending, and suspend the income tax is pretty good even if we "don't actually convince people".

i almost forgot: being able to bring all troops home is also pretty good.

one more: pardoning all non-violent drug users.

McBell
03-04-2011, 06:54 PM
But if we don't convince people that these are the right things to do, the president after Ron will be a statist and will reverse everything he did.

low preference guy
03-04-2011, 06:55 PM
But if we don't convince people that these are the right things to do, the president after Ron will be a statist and will reverse everything he did.

not if Ron proves in the most possible practical way that the world doesn't end if he implements his policies.

McBell
03-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Except that pulling off a Band-Aid hurts, and people will assume that short-term negatives are permanent.

low preference guy
03-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Except that pulling off a Band-Aid hurts, and people will assume that short-term negatives are permanent.

i don't see how saving a trillion a year in foreign policy and lowering taxes for that amount will hurt.

ds21089
03-04-2011, 07:06 PM
i don't see how saving a trillion a year in foreign policy and lowering taxes for that amount will hurt.

I think he means that people dont want to hear that we're going to have to sacrifice for a while to get back to not being in a crazy debt. They dont want to hear a candidate say how we need to cut social security and medicare/medicaid. Obviously it needs to be done, but people refuse to believe it.

Anti Federalist
03-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Awesome find, thanks for posting.

Add this to the small collection of people that went public with this foresight.

BarryDonegan
03-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks!

Matthew Zak
03-09-2011, 04:30 AM

I think we should make foreign policy a priority. How are we ever going to convince a majority of Americans to vote for Ron Paul if they are clueless as to how destructive our foreign policy is to our dollar and to our sovereignty? I think that if there were an issue that could flip the switch in someone's mind, this would be the one. All we need to do is encourage them to take an honest look. ...maybe I'm too optimistic.