zade
02-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Why is that?

Giuliani was there on 911
02-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Here's what michael scheuer just said on the Colbert Report

- Osama Bin Laden is probably dead right now

-The war in Iraq was fought for Israel

-We propped up Egypt only to protect Israel , and he went on to mention that Sadat prevented Mujadeen from helping the Levantine Arabs against Israel. And that Mubarak stopped Egyptians from helping Palestine

-And the standard line about how US Foriegn policy, specifically support for Israel and middle eastern dictators is the reason why we were attacked on 9/11

I mean I know all this stuff already but I've never heard anybody say the first three before and do it from a MSM source.

IDefendThePlatform
02-28-2011, 11:10 PM
I have no idea about those first three things he said, but Scheuer definitely had Dr. Paul's back last election. Too bad not enough people noticed.

emazur
02-28-2011, 11:16 PM

He came to Oregon last week on his book tour and said that he's likely alive and has no reason to think he's dead. I remember he said one thing Al Qaeda frequently does is to release a "resume" of an important figure's work in order to honor them when they die and to rub it in the faces of the opposition. He also said the kidney dialysis thing is just an urban legend and that analysis of known videos of bin Laden show him to be in good health. I had the chance to question him - one thing I was surprised about was that he was skeptical about Ponetta's claim that there are less than 100 al Qaeda in Afghanistan. But he was also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I tried to record the Q/A session but messed up somehow and got nothing

realtonygoodwin
03-01-2011, 01:42 AM
He came to Oregon last week on his book tour and said that he's likely alive and has no reason to think he's dead. I remember he said one thing Al Qaeda frequently does is to release a "resume" of an important figure's work in order to honor them when they die and to rub it in the faces of the opposition. He also said the kidney dialysis thing is just an urban legend and that analysis of known videos of bin Laden show him to be in good health. I had the chance to question him - one thing I was surprised about was that he was skeptical about Ponetta's claim that there are less than 100 al Qaeda in Afghanistan. But he was also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I tried to record the Q/A session but messed up somehow and got nothing

I read this as "Osama bin Laden came to Oregon last week on his book tour..."
LOL

emazur
03-01-2011, 02:40 AM
I read this as "Osama bin Laden came to Oregon last week on his book tour..."
LOL

Pretty funny if you think about the whole paragraph that way -
audience: "Is bin Laden still alive?"
Osama: "I'm likely alive and there is no reason to think I'm dead!" :)

HOLLYWOOD
03-01-2011, 02:42 AM
:D:D:D Good for Mike... The system tried silencing him and now has unleashed the reckoning. More intel and alpha agents need to come forward to expose the truth.

-The war in Iraq was fought for Israel

-We propped up Egypt only to protect Israel , and he went on to mention that Sadat prevented Mujadeen from helping the Levantine Arabs against Israel. And that Mubarak stopped Egyptians from helping Palestine

-And the standard line about how US Foriegn policy, specifically support for Israel and middle eastern dictators is the reason why we were attacked on 9/11

I mean I know all this stuff already but I've never heard anybody say the first three before and do it from a MSM source.

messana
03-01-2011, 04:37 AM
video:http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/375742/february-28-2011/michael-scheuer

devil21
03-01-2011, 05:15 AM

He never said he thought OBL was dead. He said that if OBL had really been on dialysis then he would be dead by now. He doesn't think the dialysis thing is real.

I believe OBL is dead but Scheuer didnt say that himself.

vita3
03-01-2011, 06:42 AM
I heard him on some interview say he is almost certain that Osama Bin Laden is alive.

nayjevin
03-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Here's Michael Scheuer's autobiography of Osama Bin Laden at his website: http://non-intervention.com/books/osama-bin-laden/

erowe1
03-01-2011, 09:33 AM
I've never heard anybody say the first three before and do it from a MSM source.

Does the Colbert Report really count as MSM?

Chieppa1
03-01-2011, 10:17 AM
How did Colbert and the audience react? At work and can't watch video.

HRD53
03-01-2011, 03:55 PM
How did Colbert and the audience react? At work and can't watch video.

The audience was quiet... i'm not sure they knew how to react to what he was saying... and Colbert is almost impossible to read since he is pretty much always a tongue in cheek kinda guy...

ExPatPaki
03-01-2011, 04:16 PM
The audience was quiet... i'm not sure they knew how to react to what he was saying... and Colbert is almost impossible to read since he is pretty much always a tongue in cheek kinda guy...

I remember Michael Scheuer saying that "Israel isn't worth an American life or an American dollar" or something to that effect on Bill Maher's show and the audience actually cheered at that point. Of course Maher said "Well I do".

Jack Bauer
03-01-2011, 04:44 PM

Yeah, I didn't hear him say that. He said that Osama's kidney problems are probably an urban myth because if he did have the kidney trouble, he'd probably be dead by now.

But the most telling part of the interview was that he claimed if you think there is going to be Democracy in Egypt he has a bridge he would like to sell you.

I don't think a lot of people in this forums, who have been considering what happened in Egypt as some sort of a glorious secular-Democratic revolution, have yet come to terms with that.

BenIsForRon
03-01-2011, 04:53 PM
But the most telling part of the interview was that he claimed if you think there is going to be Democracy in Egypt he has a bridge he would like to sell you.

I don't think a lot of people in this forums, who have been considering what happened in Egypt as some sort of a glorious secular-Democratic revolution, have yet come to terms with that.

I don't think anyone believes democracy is guaranteed, but there is a large segment of the Egyptian population that wants a secular democracy, so there is reason to be hopeful.

Jack Bauer
03-01-2011, 05:03 PM
I don't think anyone believes democracy is guaranteed, but there is a large segment of the Egyptian population that wants a secular democracy, so there is reason to be hopeful.

It doesn't matter what people want. It will matter what the politically active, powerful and influential people want.

Right now, as was the case during the peak of the "revolution", there is no organized secular-Democratic party or coalition in Egypt. The only organized opposition was the Muslim Brotherhood who have been polling repeatedly at about 25-30 % favorably.

The post-election scenario, of course assuming that the military won't decide to seize power, where the Muslim brotherhood or a front end of the Muslim brotherhood will come into power (or at least be a major player in the post-election government in case they only get the Mubarak era 25-30% votes) is a high probability scenario.

The scenario that an organized secular-Democratic political structure will emerge out as a victor to thwart all religio-communal political power is rather bleak.

And yet Western media (including this forum) have already heralded this extremely low probability scenario as if it has already transpired in Egypt and blatantly refuse to even consider the possibility of a high probability scenario, where the Muslim brotherhood will have a significant influence in Egyptian political structure, as a possible direction that post-election Egypt will evolve into.

Yeah, even talking about the possibility of such a scenario will make you an "Islamophobe" (or in this forum's case - a "Zionist").