PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Flake says that Corporations paying no taxes is a fair portion to pay

Agorism
02-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Jeff Flake says that Corporations paying no taxes is a fair portion to pay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKWNY76XSN0

I agree with him, but I don't know why he favors an interventionist foreign policy and a large military and lots of spending.

HOLLYWOOD
02-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Corporations are also the mom and pop incorporated businesses, but they don't have the teams of; lawyers, lobbyists, and campaign donations of the mega "TBTF". Everybody knows, Obama is just as much puppet as Bush to corporation whoring... Exelon Energy & General Electric, Jeffery Immelt and Obama have been a major Tax burden on the American people.

Yeah Trent Franks and Jeff Flake have turned our to be Warmongering-Fascist-Corporatists... but they are all the same result... they just pick and choose who profits in the crone partnerships.

The book "WHORES" is a good read on what Capital Hill is all about. Jeff Flake has turned out to be garbage

Agorism
02-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Tbtf?

juleswin
02-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Tbtf?

Too big to fail

Anyway, I think it benefit the consumers if taxes are reduced for the corporations but it I rather see the corporations at least paying nothing lower than the lowest tax bracket that pays taxes. That or repeal the income tax on everybody, corporations are persons so why not treat them like one

Kregisen
02-28-2011, 08:41 PM
The guy in the video has to show his stats and figures where he got that from. Like the first congressman said, corporations pay taxes on taxable income, which is EBIT (earnings before interest and taxes) minus interest. If you have no earnings, you have no taxes.

Not to mention, much of corporation's profits are taxed twice, since dividends are taxed again as personal income tax to shareholders.

I'd argue corporations pay too much tax, not too little like the dude in the video implies. (when people try to set politicians up with questions like that but won't give any details, such as how much profit the companies made, you know they're full of BS)

BarryDonegan
02-28-2011, 08:54 PM
I have no problem with corporations not paying taxes, first of all because legitimate corporations are actually government bodies according to the original purpose of the legal instrument and it makes no sense to tax a government program, and in the case of private corporations, lower taxes on businesses are also beneficial to the economy. That said, I believe that something should be done to effectively repeal the standing law of the personhood of the corporation.

Brett85
02-28-2011, 09:23 PM
I agree with him, but I don't know why he favors an interventionist foreign policy and a large military and lots of spending.

So the fact that he's not completely in line with Ron's foreign policy views makes him an "interventionist?" Overall, Flake is one of only a handful of representatives who even lean towards non interventionism. Also, he should favor a large military. It's just that we need a large military to defend ourselves rather than police the world.

Agorism
02-28-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't think the president should get any military, and I think states should defend themselves.

Flake also supporter Patriot Act extension recently.

Brett85
02-28-2011, 10:41 PM
I don't think the president should get any military, and I think states should defend themselves.

In that case you don't even agree with Ron. It's no wonder Flake doesn't get your support.

heavenlyboy34
02-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Corporations are also the mom and pop incorporated businesses, but they don't have the teams of; lawyers, lobbyists, and campaign donations of the mega "TBTF". Everybody knows, Obama is just as much puppet as Bush to corporation whoring... Exelon Energy & General Electric, Jeffery Immelt and Obama have been a major Tax burden on the American people.

Yeah Trent Franks and Jeff Flake have turned our to be Warmongering-Fascist-Corporatists... but they are all the same result... they just pick and choose who profits in the crone partnerships.

The book "WHORES" is a good read on what Capital Hill is all about. Jeff Flake has turned out to be garbage
qft!!

heavenlyboy34
02-28-2011, 11:20 PM
In that case you don't even agree with Ron. It's no wonder Flake doesn't get your support.

Zuh? You mean the Champion of the Constitution favors a decidedly unconstitutional, overgrown, parasitic military-industrial complex? It might make sense to have a small navy and a militia, but almost all "defense" spending is spent on offense, not defense.

heavenlyboy34
02-28-2011, 11:21 PM

Flake also supporter Patriot Act extension recently.

+a bunch :cool:

qh4dotcom
03-01-2011, 12:53 AM
I used to have respect for Flake and even sent him donations but not anymore after I watched this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZNHNXq1_u4

FrankRep
03-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Zuh? You mean the Champion of the Constitution favors a decidedly unconstitutional, overgrown, parasitic military-industrial complex? It might make sense to have a small navy and a militia, but almost all "defense" spending is spent on offense, not defense.

Having an Army is not the same thing as the "military-industrial complex."

Yes, Ron Paul supports having an Army and having a strong national defense.

qh4dotcom
03-01-2011, 12:58 AM
Yes, Ron Paul supports having an Army and having a strong national defense.

Problem is, a big government is too incompetent to be trusted with an Army...not sure if a smaller government can handle it.

FrankRep
03-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Problem is, a big government is too incompetent to be trusted with an Army...not sure if a smaller government can handle it.

The other side: Having no Army will leave the country defenseless against hostile foreign countries.

qh4dotcom
03-01-2011, 01:04 AM
The other side: Having no Army will leave the country defenseless against hostile foreign countries.

Well what about local law enforcement and the 2nd amendment?

erowe1
03-01-2011, 08:09 AM

Yep. That's why I'm for a really big military, comprised of an all-volunteer force of every willing adult male in the country with no tax-payer funding.

Brett85
03-01-2011, 08:13 AM

Lol. That's hiliarious. The Constitution specifically authorizes an army. And no, I support actual defense spending to keep our country safe, not empire spending.

Slutter McGee
03-01-2011, 08:29 AM

Jeff Flake has voted with Paul more in the last six years than just about any other congressman. I certainly don't blame you for disagreeing with him on some issues, especially the Patriot Act. But disagreement does not make a "whore". It makes somebody who is not a liberty candidate but is an ally on many other issues.

Start using your brain. Emotional outburst are fine, but damn, a majority of your posts are nothing more than irrational accusations.

Slutter McGee

fisharmor
03-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Lol. That's hiliarious. The Constitution specifically authorizes an army. And no, I support actual defense spending to keep our country safe, not empire spending.

Not exactly.
It says "To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years".
Plural.
With a time limit.

So, does this mean that there will be two or more armies at the same time, and we need to fund each every two years.... or, does it mean that after two years the funding for the current army dries up, and it goes away until it is needed again, at which point they will raise and support a new army for a new purpose?

The verbiage is pretty clear: there isn't supposed to be a standing army.

On the other hand, congress also has the power "To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions".

Amazing what one finds when one reads the text.

Slutter McGee
03-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Jeff Flake has voted with Paul more in the last six years than just about any other congressman. I certainly don't blame you for disagreeing with him on some issues, especially the Patriot Act. But disagreement does not make a "whore". It makes somebody who is not a liberty candidate but is an ally on many other issues.

Start using your brain. Emotional outburst are fine, but damn, a majority of your posts are nothing more than irrational accusations.

Slutter McGee

Thanks for the reputation and comment to this post of mine HOLLYWOOD. I really appreciate it you immature little prick. When I open up my rep there is nothing I like more than to read "Another asswipe post by dipshit Slutter McGee" Seriously. I am going to troll you non stop on here. Sick of your crap.

A VERY SINCERELY,

SLUTTER MCGEE

Brian4Liberty
03-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Too big to fail

Anyway, I think it benefit the consumers if taxes are reduced for the corporations but it I rather see the corporations at least paying nothing lower than the lowest tax bracket that pays taxes. That or repeal the income tax on everybody, corporations are persons so why not treat them like one

Good points. Last month there was a Congressional hearing where they discussed tax structures for business. The panel consisted of tax experts and some academics. Pretty interesting stuff, and some unexpected honesty from a tax expert. She put it fairly simply: individual and corporate/business income tax structures need to be essentially the same. Corporations are used as tax shelters by the ultra-rich (and sometimes not so rich). So your comment "corporations are persons so why not treat them like one" was echoed by a tax expert.

Of course all of the loopholes, exceptions, breaks and exemptions still make corporations the perfect hiding place for the elite.

Eliminating all income tax (individual and business/corporate) would solve that problem. ;)

Brett85
03-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the reputation and comment to this post of mine HOLLYWOOD. I really appreciate it you immature little prick. When I open up my rep there is nothing I like more than to read "Another asswipe post by dipshit Slutter McGee" Seriously. I am going to troll you non stop on here. Sick of your crap.

A VERY SINCERELY,

SLUTTER MCGEE

+Rep. I get tired of these a-holes who try to start feuds.

georgiaboy
03-02-2011, 01:53 PM
no taxes on corporations - can't find anything about that I disagree with.

makes me want to incorporate my marriage.

Brian4Liberty
03-04-2011, 01:51 PM
makes me want to incorporate my marriage.

Mundanes need not apply. ;)

oyarde
03-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Corporations will never really pay tax. If you tax them , prices will be raised and the consumer pays.