PDA

View Full Version : Heres an idea !!!!

quickmike
06-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Heres an idea........... lets all get out from behind our computers and hit the neighborhoods where we live and knock on some doors. We need to talk to the older folks in our communities about Ron Paul alot more to have a major impact. The older people remember a time when smaller government was a generaly accepted idea with the republican party....... problem is, unless they watched the debates, they will most likely not have heard about Ron. Ive been going door to door with my fiance and a few friends and talking to people. They seem very receptive to his ideas, and most of them claim they have never heard of Ron Paul before besides hearing his name mentioned, but they didnt know what he stood for. We need to get out there people, and talk to the REAL WORLD about his views and ideas. Its the only thing thats gonna change things.

Hand out flyers, talk to people. Remember that the older people who vote often go to church and talk with friends about politics. So for every person you talk to that likes his views, you have possibly 20 more that will also agree with that person. Thats how grass roots campaigns get spread and succeed. Not by sitting behind a computer and preaching to the choir who already like his message.

I know how we like to look at the online poll results and get excited when Ron wins. I know how nice it is to hear online news stories about him. Makes us all feel good doesnt it? I know it makes me feel good about my candidate, but that will not translate into real votes if the offline world doesnt know about him.

Just a thought,

Mike Q

Bison
06-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Here is an article with seven things we must do to get Ron Paul the nomination. Number six touches on what you are saying. Don't forget to digg it. http://digg.com/political_opinion/For_Ron_Paul_To_Win_We_Must

Quantumystic
06-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Good idea!

A variation...

Burn some CDs/DVDs of Ron Paul materials... and have a weekend grill event in your front yard. Food always gets people's attention. When they smell it and look... wave them over. Offer them a few nibblies... and start a conversation. Hand them a CD/DVD to check out.

The more adventurous can try the same idea at a park or beach. Get creative!