PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Cyclists or anyone interested in cycling! (RON PAUL GRASSROOTS 2012)

freshjiva
02-28-2011, 02:35 PM
The original thread is here under the Ames Iowa Straw Poll subforum:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?280182-ATTN-Cyclists-or-anyone-interested-in-cycling!

Wanted to repost here to have more people see it.

RAGBRAI is an annual bike ride that runs throughout the entire state of Iowa. This year, it will be held from July 24 thru July 30.

This is perfect timing heading into the Ames Straw Poll.

If we can get a solid group of cyclists together, we can do the entire ride decked out in Ron Paul and/or Liberty gear.

-- 8500 cyclists do this ride,
-- It attracts a lot of local media attention
-- Travels throughout Iowa, so you'll get a TON of opportunities to pass out Ron Paul promo materials to all the small towns you pass by along the way

There are only 8500 spots available, and it does fill up really quick, so entry is not guaranteed.

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED: send me an email at freshjiva at gmail dot com and I'll try and coordinate all the details. If we can get a sizeable group together (10-15 people), we'd definitely be noticed and might even get interviewed by local media.

RAGBRAI is really fun and probably one of the best ways to campaign for Ron Paul, especially because the timing is perfect -- its just 2 weeks before the big Ames Iowa Straw Poll.

Doug8796
02-28-2011, 02:41 PM
sorry, I dont live in iowa.

freshjiva
02-28-2011, 02:52 PM
sorry, I dont live in iowa.

I live in Maryland! You don't need to live in Iowa to ride RAGBRAI. People come from all 50 states and even internationally to do this ride.
Try to work something out! We could make this year's RAGBRAI a strong promotional event for Ron Paul if we have enough riders decked out in RP 2012 signs/shirts.

Ray
02-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Hmm, I'm from Minnesota so I'm pretty close. I might be interested. I don't think I've been on a bike since I got my drivers license though haha, how long do you think it would take to train for this?

freshjiva
02-28-2011, 04:06 PM
It's tough to say. RAGBRAI goes for approx 240 miles over 6 days. 40miles/day may seem like a lot of biking, but its really not, because it goes at a very average pace - roughly 15 mph.

It's really a lot of fun. As long as you're semi-fit, you can do it!

Drop me an email at freshjiva at gmail dot com if interested.

Come on, folks!! I have 3 interested people thus far. Let's get a group of 10!