PDA

View Full Version : White guys get their very own college scholarship.

jmdrake
02-28-2011, 10:35 AM
http://gawker.com/#!5771271/white-guys-get-their-very-own-college-scholarship

erowe1
02-28-2011, 10:37 AM
I wonder what you have to do to qualify as white for that.

Cowlesy
02-28-2011, 10:41 AM
While I think it's retarded, it'll annoy the crap out of the la raza and naacp crews, so that's at least one upside of a silly idea.

Elwar
02-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Collectivists being collectivists.

ItsTime
02-28-2011, 10:42 AM
When I took my SATs I marked my race as "African American" since I believe in evolution and that all humans came from the African region. I scored very high on my test and I was FLOODED with scholarship applications, for black people. A friend who scored higher on his test than I did, who marked Caucasian on his test, received zero scholarship applications.

MLK would roll over in his grave.

Elwar
02-28-2011, 10:45 AM
When I took my SATs I marked my race as "African American" since I believe in evolution and that all humans came from the African region. I scored very high on my test and I was FLOODED with scholarship applications, for black people. A friend who scored higher on his test than I did, who marked Caucasian on his test, received zero scholarship applications.

That's going further than my reason for marking "Native American" on anything that requires a race option.

erowe1
02-28-2011, 10:49 AM

I'm pretty sure there would have been nothing wrong with you applying for and receiving those scholarships as an African American.

There's no objective definition for any race. The days of those pieces of paper with a bunch of different skin colors on them to decide what you are are long gone. You are legally whatever you say you are.

jmdrake
02-28-2011, 11:10 AM
I wonder what you have to do to qualify as white for that.

From the article:

"We're not looking for blond-haired, blue-eyed, stereotypical white males. My feeling is that if you can say you're 25 percent Caucasian, you're Caucasian enough for us."

Would Barack Obama qualify? :eek:

Kludge
02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
//

TheDriver
02-28-2011, 01:14 PM
CNN is pissed about this.

tangent4ronpaul
02-28-2011, 04:17 PM
RACIST!

:rolleyes:

outspoken
02-28-2011, 04:38 PM
That's as rediculous as having a scholarship for ANY color. At what point will our society recognize that we are evolving into one homogenized race and the only thing that is holding us back is crap like this. It is all based on unconscious thinking and fears which perpetuate all the ills of our society. Maybe we need a scholarship for people who are 20% black, 50% white, 10 % jewish, and 20% WTF....

ChaosControl
02-28-2011, 04:41 PM
evolving into one homogenized race
No! Don't take away the Asian cuties. I don't want one boring mixed "race".

I'm going to start a Scholarship for cute women. It'll be amusing to see the reception that gets.

Stary Hickory
02-28-2011, 04:53 PM
CNN is pissed about this.

AH yes of course good ol CNN because scholarships should only go to people with certain skin types that CNN proclaims as just.

Fuck the individual. Who cares about a poor white kid with a broken family and no prospects for a future...CNN thinks we should discriminate against this kid because he was unfortunate enough to be born white.

The real racists come out of the wood works sometimes. Personally as long as the scholarship is privately funded I could give a krap, but I do enjoy how it makes the true racists spring into life.

RonPaulCult
02-28-2011, 05:06 PM
I must say, when I was in college about 10 years ago (not so long ago at all) minorities were very underrepresented. For those of you saying that it's stupid for any of the scholarship programs for people of color, why? Charity is so free market. I think it's great that people are trying to throw around their money in the PRIVATE sector to solve what they perceive to be a problem rather than demanding the government uses its power/force to solve the problem for them.

Racism DOES exist - people of color are statistically poorer, and less likely to to go to college. I don't think they are racist for giving scholarships based on good grades AND skin color.

tangent4ronpaul
02-28-2011, 05:20 PM
That's as rediculous as having a scholarship for ANY color. At what point will our society recognize that we are evolving into one homogenized race and the only thing that is holding us back is crap like this. It is all based on unconscious thinking and fears which perpetuate all the ills of our society. Maybe we need a scholarship for people who are 20% black, 50% white, 10 % jewish, and 20% WTF....

I was in a bio class whre the instructor was talking about sickle cell anemia and what a horrible, debilitating disease it was and that it basically effected black people. He then segued in to how RACIST! it was to even test for it, because we would soon all be one mixed race. Continuing, he started swooning around the classroom encouraging students to have mixed race babies because they were "cute". A 1:4 chance of a cursing your family line with a debilitating disease that guarantees short life spans, in exchange for 2-3 years of having a "cute baby" :rolleyes:

But hay, we're all going to be one mixed race soon, and people with TB, HIV, Herpes, etc. need love too! - To not mate with them would be DISEASIST!

Also, some ppl are proud of their heritage and like to propagate that.

-t

Stary Hickory
02-28-2011, 06:58 PM
I must say, when I was in college about 10 years ago (not so long ago at all) minorities were very underrepresented. For those of you saying that it's stupid for any of the scholarship programs for people of color, why? Charity is so free market. I think it's great that people are trying to throw around their money in the PRIVATE sector to solve what they perceive to be a problem rather than demanding the government uses its power/force to solve the problem for them.

Racism DOES exist - people of color are statistically poorer, and less likely to to go to college. I don't think they are racist for giving scholarships based on good grades AND skin color.

what does that mean? you are here creating a causality from nothing but hearsay.

tangent4ronpaul
02-28-2011, 07:09 PM
What? - hasn't anyone heard a black person say: "Whitey owes me because of what his ancestors did to my ancestors!"

:rolleyes:

devil21
02-28-2011, 07:28 PM
From the article:

"We're not looking for blond-haired, blue-eyed, stereotypical white males. My feeling is that if you can say you're 25 percent Caucasian, you're Caucasian enough for us."

Crap. There goes my scholarship.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-28-2011, 07:48 PM
http://www.chimpout.com/forum/images/smilies/thats_racist.gif

RonPaulCult
02-28-2011, 07:54 PM
what does that mean? you are here creating a causality from nothing but hearsay.

Or I've researched what I'm talking about and am basing it on facts. Always a possibility.

jmdrake
02-28-2011, 07:58 PM
A 1:4 chance of a cursing your family line with a debilitating disease that guarantees short life spans, in exchange for 2-3 years of having a "cute baby" :rolleyes:

Right. You should inbreed like white European royalty and get hemophilia. :rolleyes: I don't care who you sleep with. But you've got your theory on genetic diseases bassackwards.

RonPaulCult
02-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Right. You should inbreed like white European royalty and get hemophilia. :rolleyes: I don't care who you sleep with. But you've got your theory on genetic diseases bassackwards.

That's why I spread my seed around to all cultures. I call my stick "the melting cock"

kah13176
02-28-2011, 08:46 PM

Perhaps it's fine in the private sector, but there is also government-supported affirmative action programs that are racism against whites in all but name. I also don't think it's legal to have a private, whites-only college as it is legal for minorities. That's racism.

Philhelm
02-28-2011, 09:08 PM
No! Don't take away the Asian cuties. I don't want one boring mixed "race".

I'm going to start a Scholarship for cute women. It'll be amusing to see the reception that gets.

There already is a scholarship for cute women. It's called life. :D

Stary Hickory
02-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Or I've researched what I'm talking about and am basing it on facts. Always a possibility.

What facts you take the percentage of blacks in college and come to the conclusion that the difference must be due to racism? I don't take that kind of reasoning seriously.

scottditzen
02-28-2011, 09:56 PM
What facts you take the percentage of blacks in college and come to the conclusion that the difference must be due to racism? I don't take that kind of reasoning seriously.

Surely though, you have to admit that the legacy of racism has had some kind of lasting, negative impact on black culture.

LinusVanPelt
02-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Affirmative action should be based on income. It would still disproportionately benefit minorities.

puppetmaster
02-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Surely though, you have to admit that the legacy of racism has had some kind of lasting, negative impact on black culture.

I believe that mast of todays "racism" is perpetuated by current events and not legacy events. I also feel that most "racism" comes from the so called victims. I can name several events that solidify and create "blowback" I am sure anyone here can name several also.

tangent4ronpaul
02-28-2011, 10:10 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110102042936AAVGNV3

Will Caucasians become a minority in the USA?
We've all heard a lot recently of the projections by US Census Bureau stating that by the year 2042 Whites (Caucasian Whites) will no longer be the majority in the USA.
[...]

any bets on if whites ever get minority status or if PC will rule and current minorities retain their "special" rights.

-t

the_strand
02-28-2011, 10:12 PM
http://www.rightcelebrity.com/wp-content/photos/vladislav_doronin_1.jpg

Jeremy
02-28-2011, 10:22 PM

Are they poor BECAUSE of their skin color? No.

kah13176
02-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Are they poor BECAUSE of their skin color? No.

Exactly. I'm tired of hearing this bullshit: correlation does not equal causation.

Tinnuhana
02-28-2011, 11:10 PM
From what I've read, sickle cell anemia spread, in part, through natural selection. Because of the shape of the red blood cells, it's difficult for the malaria virus to infect people with sickle cell. So in places where malaria was prevalent, people with that gene were more likely to survive to adulthood and have a family. It would be interesting to study if something like this was in play with other genetic conditions around the globe.

tangent4ronpaul
02-28-2011, 11:14 PM
From what I've read, sickle cell anemia spread, in part, through natural selection. Because of the shape of the red blood cells, it's difficult for the malaria virus to infect people with sickle cell. So in places where malaria was prevalent, people with that gene were more likely to survive to adulthood and have a family. It would be interesting to study if something like this was in play with other genetic conditions around the globe.

It ties into black plague and aids also.

-t