PDA

View Full Version : I just got 3 Indian-Americans interested in Liberty and Ron Paul

freshjiva
02-27-2011, 09:52 PM
My parents were immigrants from India, and I'm a part of the first generation born and raised in the USA.

Just spoke with three individuals at my Temple community who I know personally, and mentioned in passing "If the government didn't hand out all this welfare to foreign countries, maybe we'd have a working government today."

That evolved into a brief 15-min conversation about how Pervez Musharraf, former General of Pakistan, used some of the $10 billion in US foreign aid to invade Kargil, which led to the 1999 military conflict between India and Pakistan.

They said "Yeah, if Paul wants to stop handing out billions to corrupt countries like Pakistan, who isn't doing nearly enough to curb terrorism in their own country, I'd vote for him."

Not the response I was expecting, but hey, we just picked up 3 votes. :)

Kregisen
02-27-2011, 10:04 PM
That's almost 4 votes!!!

sofia
02-27-2011, 11:06 PM
My parents were immigrants from India, and I'm a part of the first generation born and raised in the USA.

Just spoke with three individuals at my Temple community who I know personally, and mentioned in passing "If the government didn't hand out all this welfare to foreign countries, maybe we'd have a working government today."

That evolved into a brief 15-min conversation about how Pervez Musharraf, former General of Pakistan, used some of the $10 billion in US foreign aid to invade Kargil, which led to the 1999 military conflict between India and Pakistan.

They said "Yeah, if Paul wants to stop handing out billions to corrupt countries like Pakistan, who isn't doing nearly enough to curb terrorism in their own country, I'd vote for him."

Not the response I was expecting, but hey, we just picked up 3 votes. :)

namaste.

I would think Indians would be a natural constituency for Ron Paul.....strong family values...entreprenureal....responsible with money etc.

All those Indian doctors might like a fellow Doctor who is outspoken against medical malpractice insurance costs

doodle
02-27-2011, 11:12 PM
I know when Ron Paul came to google, his ideas attracted a lot of motivated supporters from Indian-Americans at google.

RP's liberty ideas transcend boundaries of all sorts, he is a global property and his ideas have universal appeal, we are lucky to have him in America.

freshjiva
02-27-2011, 11:19 PM
namaste.

I would think Indians would be a natural constituency for Ron Paul.....strong family values...entreprenureal....responsible with money etc.

All those Indian doctors might like a fellow Doctor who is outspoken against medical malpractice insurance costs

Namaste to you as well. Agreed -- lots of Indians in this country who immigrated to America, studied hard, worked hard, and saved. I know these are gross generalizations, but I see it all the time in the Indian diaspora here in the USA.

I know when Ron Paul came to google, his ideas attracted a lot of motivated supporters from Indian-Americans at google.

RP's liberty ideas transcend boundaries of all sorts, he is a global property and his ideas have universal appeal, we are lucky to have him in America.

Agreed.

dbill27
02-28-2011, 01:55 AM
that's almost 4 votes!!!

haha.