PDA

View Full Version : Three Presidential Candidates Have Applied for Primary Season Matching Funds

Bradley in DC
10-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Three Presidential Candidates Have Applied for Primary Season Matching Funds
October 23rd, 2007
http://www.ballot-access.org/

Only three presidential candidates have applied to the Federal Election Commission to receive primary season matching funds, as of October 23. They are John Edwards, John McCain and Tom Tancredo. The FEC has already certified eligibility for McCain and Tancredo, and is still looking at Edwards’ submission. Although primary season funds won’t be paid until January of the election year (at the earliest), candidates are free to establish eligibility in the odd year before the election year. Any candidate seeking the nomination of any party (no matter how small that party is) may qualify by raising $5,000 from each of 20 states. Contributions from any single donor, no matter how large, cannot count as greater than $250 for this purpose.

huchahucha
10-23-2007, 05:58 PM
In my opinion, only one of them deserves it - Tancredo. As much as I respect McCain for his military service, he is the one that took a screwed up election process and screwed it up worse with all his campaign reforms. Edwards doesn't deserve the money because he is a whore. As far as I know, the United States status quo is against prostitiution, so the tax payers should not have to pay for this.