PDA

View Full Version : Artist taken to the ground and arrested for selling origami without a license

jmdrake
02-27-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDtPGUwQ2J4

ItsTime
02-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Government helping the economy recover.

Anti Federalist
02-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Comply mundane, now!

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-27-2011, 06:55 PM
this is from last year

Working Poor
I wonder how many people got robbed while those 5 cops arrested that vicious origami dealer?

ItsTime
this is from last year

Ok. But does it matter when it was from?

MelissaWV
02-27-2011, 06:56 PM
There are good sides and bad sides to that video.

The bad ones are mostly obvious. You might also have missed the woman saying she was going to "call the NYPD" as if that were going to make things better.

The good, though, is that people did stop. People were questioning what was being done. As many times as the woman said "stop resisting," bystanders said "You're hurting him" and "is he mentally ill? He's mentally ill. Stop that!" I can understand a lack of action against those two geniuses (who wants to get tazed?) but they stood and documented it, and voiced their concerns openly. That's a step up from most similar videos.

Aside: The grammar and spelling on that intro are just... awful :(

Bman
02-27-2011, 06:58 PM
That's ridiculous

April1775
02-27-2011, 06:58 PM
They'll get my origami when they pry it out of my cold, dead hands.

amy31416
02-27-2011, 07:03 PM
They got an innocuous artist/paper-peddler off the streets...meanwhile at the Federal Reserve, the paper-peddlers run amok doing actual harm to almost every American.

Anti Federalist
02-27-2011, 07:05 PM
They got an innocuous artist/paper-peddler off the streets...meanwhile at the Federal Reserve, the paper-peddlers run amok doing actual harm to almost every American.

Oh that is priceless.

+rep when I get more ammo

Nate-ForLiberty
02-27-2011, 07:09 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xj1WGAxuwYI/S9OHRdmwTdI/AAAAAAAADpI/Go8Sq36xUGM/s640/Two_Dollar_Angry_Bear_by_orudorumagi11.jpg

Origami kills.

heavenlyboy34
02-27-2011, 07:21 PM
This is just evil. :P

Pericles
02-27-2011, 07:24 PM
They'll get my origami when they pry it out of my cold, dead hands.

Good thing he didn't have an Origami Glock, or he'd be dead.

Pericles
02-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Oh that is priceless.

+rep when I get more ammo

Took care of it for ya'.

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Oh great, here we go again. You fucking 'anarchists' just hate cops just like you hate America. You fucking would cry for your mamas if a cop wasn't there to take care of the big baddies out there! That guy got what he deserved! Demanding you prove your identity is not a violation of his rights! Protect and Serve is what the Cops do every day and you couldn't even hold the ball sack of our heroes in blue! God Bless America!

Just another brick in the wall....

amy31416
02-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Dude's damn lucky he didn't take up whittling...we all know what happens to them.

Danke
02-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Good! Origami is gay. Move to Japan if you want to peddle that crap.

heavenlyboy34
02-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Good! Origami is gay. Move to Japan if you want to peddle that crap.

A guy named princess calling someone else's work gay? lolz @ the irony. :)

Danke
02-27-2011, 08:20 PM
A guy named princess calling someone else's work gay? lolz @ the irony. :)

What can I say, apparently Josh has a thing for me.

Now let talk about someone choosing to be called "heavenlyboy" and has a bunchie for "his" avatar...

amy31416
02-27-2011, 08:21 PM
what can i say, apparently josh has a thing for me.

Now let talk about someone choosing to be called "heavenlyboy" and has a bunchie for "his" avatar...

zing!

aGameOfThrones
02-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Good! I feel safer already.

Flash
02-27-2011, 09:32 PM
From youtube:

"Can't speak for New York as I don't know their laws, but in Texas the same thing would have happened if he refused to show ID. State law (TX) requires a person to keep government photo ID in posession and must show it on request to law enforcement. Failure to do so is a crime (Failure to ID), he also resisted arrest in the video. That woman would also have been arrested for resisting arrest (third person) and disorderly conduct."

Oh gee, he broke the law. So I guess he deserved to be arrested. *Rolls eyes*

aGameOfThrones
02-27-2011, 09:39 PM
From youtube:

"Can't speak for New York as I don't know their laws, but in Texas the same thing would have happened if he refused to show ID. State law (TX) requires a person to keep government photo ID in posession and must show it on request to law enforcement. Failure to do so is a crime (Failure to ID), he also resisted arrest in the video. That woman would also have been arrested for resisting arrest (third person) and disorderly conduct."

False!

jmdrake
02-27-2011, 09:49 PM
this is from last year

Well I just found it today doing a search on "selling origami" because my 9 year old son was thinking about making a selling origami as a side business. I'm glad we don't live in New York. :eek:

Side note, this gives new meaning to the phrase "black on black crime". (The criminals being the ones in uniform).

aGameOfThrones
02-27-2011, 09:53 PM
From youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPYW_8ehD1Y

Skip to 2:15...

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-27-2011, 10:12 PM

http://www.globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/George-Takei-oh-my.jpg

heavenlyboy34
02-27-2011, 10:51 PM

why? I only chose that name because it's easy to remember. Also, I thought I would be able to change that later (this is the first forum I've been on, so I learned the rules as I went). As far as the avatar, I just haven't gotten around to changing it yet. It's a relic from the bunchies debate many moons ago. I don't see how my avatar is relevant, anyway. It's gender neutral, AFAIK.

heavenlyboy34
02-27-2011, 10:57 PM
zing!

Not really.

Nate-ForLiberty
02-27-2011, 10:59 PM
The scientific term for the "Bunchies" species is "avoidus vaginus penetratus".

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-27-2011, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPYW_8ehD1Y

Skip to 2:15...

What a fucking bunch of douchebags. Its almost like 'hey, we want to look like jackasses on the nightly news!'

Philhelm
02-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Dude's damn lucky he didn't take up whittling...we all know what happens to them.

Wow, you're on a roll with this comment and the one about the Fed.

aGameOfThrones
02-27-2011, 11:35 PM
What a fucking bunch of douchebags. Its almost like 'hey, we want to look like jackasses on the nightly news!'

Isn't it (sad) funny that when the camera holder asked why... the LEO say, "suspicious person, how about that?" Making stuff up as he goes along.

The mundanes will say, "why didn't he just show his ID?" "He wasted the officer's time."

leonster
02-28-2011, 06:58 AM
"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

F*ck copyright!

MelissaWV
02-28-2011, 05:59 PM
The scientific term for the "Bunchies" species is "avoidus vaginus penetratus".

idk... I mean *look* at Bunchies. Really, really look at it.