PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL BLOWS AWAY COMPETITION @ Tea Party Summit Straw Poll!!!

JK/SEA
02-27-2011, 02:09 PM
With a total 64% from online and in-house voting, Ron Pauls nearest rival, Herman Cain came in a distant 32%...

RON PAUL...For The WIN!!

KramerDSP
02-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Amazing! And 50% of the room was composed of Senior Citizens. I would love to get my hands on the demographic break down of the votes. If a majority of the senior citizens voted for Paul, this is the best news we have had in a very long time, and makes the possibility of Ron Paul winning the GOP nomination in 2012 that much more of a possibility.

erowe1
02-27-2011, 02:28 PM
With a total 64% from online and in-house voting, Ron Pauls nearest rival, Herman Cain came in a distant 32%...

RON PAUL...For The WIN!!

Don't forget to include all the others. That way, when people add them up to greater than 100%, they'll know you told them something fishy.

Immortal Technique
02-27-2011, 02:31 PM
here's the announcement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0pCIOfFds

KramerDSP
02-27-2011, 02:35 PM
U.S. Rep. Ron Paul won a tea party presidential straw poll on Sunday, blowing away the rest of the Republican field.

Trailing Paul's 49 percent showing were businessman Herman Cain (12 percent), Sarah Palin (9 percent), Mike Huckabee (6 percent), Tim Pawlenty (5 percent) and Newt Gingrich (5 percent).

Cain led a separate online-only poll with 22 percent, followed by Pawlenty (16 percent) and Paul (15 percent).

Wow!! My math isn't great, but it looks like Paul resoundingly won the "in-house" poll, while still perfoming decently in the online poll (which we thought we would win handily). My questions now are of how many people "in-house" that voted who attended the conferences. This is a very impressive showing, and given that the polls opened after Ron's speech, this could suggest he appealed to a lot of fence-sitters there. The senior citizen vote is huge!

JK/SEA
02-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Don't forget to include all the others. That way, when people add them up to greater than 100%, they'll know you told them something fishy.

Just putting my spin on it...

online plus in house...hehehe

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-27-2011, 02:36 PM
he lost the live straw poll i don't see where the celebration is, who the hell is Herman Cain anyway?

erowe1
02-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Wow!! My math isn't great, but it looks like Paul resoundingly won the "in-house" poll, while still perfoming decently in the online poll (which we thought we would win handily). My questions now are of how many people "in-house" that voted who attended the conferences. This is a very impressive showing, and given that the polls opened after Ron's speech, this could suggest he appealed to a lot of fence-sitters there. The senior citizen vote is huge!

Those should be flipped. RP won the online one, Cain won the in-person one.

KramerDSP
02-27-2011, 02:37 PM
The video clearly shows it is the other way around. Paul crushed in the online vote, and finished third in the live voting. Not too shabby, but I'm not as excited as I was.

Chester Copperpot
02-27-2011, 02:40 PM
he lost the live straw poll i don't see where the celebration is, who the hell is Herman Cain anyway?

Herman Cain is a former employee of the federal reserve. I am not kidding.

sailingaway
02-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Somehow when they said we could vote in the poll if we attended virtually, they failed to mention our votes would be treated as second class.

However, that Cain gets that support even with a packed crowd, where we didn't know about the event until last week is disturbing. I think the video on him about the federal reserve needs to go viral.

Immortal Technique
02-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Herman Cain is a former employee of the federal reserve. I am not kidding.

Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City

1995-1996

Deputy Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City

1992-1994

Who does not want to audit the federal reserve

sailingaway
02-27-2011, 02:43 PM

1995-1996

1992-1994

So how do we get this info viral?

emazur

I don't know where that quote you pulled up came from, but watching the video clearly shows Paul came in 3rd in the in-house poll and 1st in the online poll

edit: others already pointed this out here - I wasn't trying to rub it in.

civusamericanus
I hope the neocons hype up Herman Cain for 2012, like they did McCain in 2008.

Doug8796
02-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Check my vid out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_afFlo8USk

It was closer than you think, but he won by over 200 votes. 2000-2500 people at convention voted with 1000-1500 online who voted.

ItsTime
02-27-2011, 02:44 PM
You should make another thread stating "Mitt Romney Comes In Last!"

ScotTX
02-27-2011, 02:54 PM
I love how the emcees call Herman and Sarah by their first name only when announcing the results and the guy actually applauds the results of the in-house strawman poll.

Anti Federalist
02-27-2011, 03:01 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1p20WdeXKKs/TTjoQyNgpsI/AAAAAAAAKeg/7aPoBziZGHw/s1600/HermanCain2.jpg

sailingaway
02-27-2011, 03:03 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1p20WdeXKKs/TTjoQyNgpsI/AAAAAAAAKeg/7aPoBziZGHw/s1600/HermanCain2.jpg

1995-1996

1992-1994

:rolleyes:

JasonFranklinWalker
02-27-2011, 08:20 PM
thats what the headline should be on the freakin news stations. im pissed they split the vote like that, it didnt say anything about separating the online winner and the in house winner when i paid my ten bucks. honestly i kinda want my ten bucks back. Of course this is all about making it easier than usual for the media to dodge around mentioning Paul. I really hope he announces a run soon, im going to use my min wage cheeseburger selling money to buy a whole box of paper for fliers

QueenB4Liberty
02-27-2011, 09:00 PM
thats what the headline should be on the freakin news stations. im pissed they split the vote like that, it didnt say anything about separating the online winner and the in house winner when i paid my ten bucks. honestly i kinda want my ten bucks back. Of course this is all about making it easier than usual for the media to dodge around mentioning Paul. I really hope he announces a run soon, im going to use my min wage cheeseburger selling money to buy a whole box of paper for fliers

Yeah a lot of us are pissed we wasted our money on that. *Sighs*

Welcome to the Forums. :)