PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Summit Went Well

Kregisen
02-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Hi guys, just got back from the Tea Party Summit in Phoenix. I only went for a few hours, but it was good. Ron's speech wasn't his best but it was decent. I saw plenty of other Ron Paul shirts worn by people.

The scary thing was that the majority of people were senior citizens, and there were huge lines of them to vote in the straw poll on the computers there.

Though I still think we'll end up winning this because the crowd loved Pawlenty's speech the best so I think he'll steal votes from Romney, and with the help of online voting I think Ron will get a victory.

I'm pretty sure I saw Gage taking pictures too during the speeches, and looked for him after Ron's speech but couldn't find him.

Anyway, when they re-air the speeches, someone youtube them. They got a close-up of me a couple times since I was in front row.

sailingaway
02-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks! I don't know if we will win, since this only came up last week, but we will at least have better representation than we would have done without the push. With Ron speaking, we don't want his votes too low, even if those there planned to come long before he was signed up to speak.

Kregisen
02-26-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't know I think it will be close.

Did anyone else go in person?

Agorism
02-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Of course not every Paul supporter is wearing Ron Paul shirts either so who knows the level of support.

Kregisen
02-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Of course not every Paul supporter is wearing Ron Paul shirts either so who knows the level of support.

Very true, however the age is scaring me. He only has about 2% of the senior citizen vote, which was atleast 50% of the turnout today.

Good news is the voting started less than 20 minutes after Ron's speech ended. It was pretty good timing.

The Dark Knight
02-26-2011, 11:44 PM
my heart wont be broken if we lose this straw poll. Ron will probably be booed by the crowd if he wins anyway. Crowd was very boring today. I almost prefer a strong 2nd place finish.

Thomas
02-27-2011, 09:03 AM
any more first hand accounts?

Dorfsmith
02-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks for posting this. My hopes are not too high but a strong showing would be nice.

TomtheTinker
02-27-2011, 10:47 AM
my vote didnt count. didnt see i had to put in

civusamericanus
02-27-2011, 11:40 AM
The scary thing was that the majority of people were senior citizens, and there were huge lines of them to vote in the straw poll on the computers there.
I think we need to do a better job of bringing senior citizens over to Ron Paul's side. Heck he's one of them.

Jandrsn21
02-27-2011, 11:57 AM
I think we need to do a better job of bringing senior citizens over to Ron Paul's side. Heck he's one of them.

I've made the idea on her before.

Send this picture: ( or something similar there are many! )

http://garlinggauge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/ron_paul_reagan_3.jpg

to every registered Republican, age 50+ in the US, with a caption, 30 years and still fighting for smaller government - Ron Paul, something to that extent. Follow that up days later with a national tv commercial campaign with the same theme. Bam few percentage points, thankyou very much! lol

sailingaway
02-27-2011, 12:03 PM
I've made the idea on her before.

Send this picture: ( or something similar there are many! )

http://garlinggauge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/ron_paul_reagan_3.jpg

to every registered Republican, age 50+ in the US, with a caption, 30 years and still fighting for smaller government - Ron Paul, something to that extent. Follow that up days later with a national tv commercial campaign with the same theme. Bam few percentage points, thankyou very much! lol

Somewhere there is a radio ad Ronald Reagan did for him. We need to edit that into a video that presents the 'old right' conservative approach to foreign policy. Some who don't know him have been led to believe his views aren't really for a strong defense.

Jandrsn21
02-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Somewhere there is a radio ad Ronald Reagan did for him. We need to edit that into a video that presents the 'old right' conservative approach to foreign policy. Some who don't know him have been led to believe his views aren't really for a strong defense.

oooohhh, that sounds nice! Wonder how much it is to advertise on Newt's radio show. lol ^^

Sola_Fide
02-27-2011, 12:14 PM

Good idea!

Kregisen
02-27-2011, 12:20 PM
I agree. I think we need to advertiste using Reagan as our source. Almost every republican thinks Reagan is God, so it's the best way to boost Ron's numbers since Reagan loved Ron.