PDA

View Full Version : Wiki leaks and BOA what happened?

Stary Hickory
02-26-2011, 06:15 AM
I thought some earth shattering revelations about BOA was supposed to be coming soon? Have the financiers of the world gotten to Assange? Anyone heard anything? I am thinking about ditching my account with BOA anyways.

sevin
02-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I've been waiting for that for a couple months. Still nothing as far as I know.

wormyguy
02-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Assange was probably full of shit. He wanted to sell more copies of his interview (in Forbes...).

coastie
02-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Wiki leaks and BOA what happened?

Any questions?

:p

bobbyw24
02-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Bank of America rejects conjecture that it is WikiLeaks' next target

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/BUSINESS/11/30/wikileaks.boa/index.html

MozoVote
02-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Whatever Assange has, is about 3 years old by this point. It might start some gossip for a few days, but that's about all. This was nothing but FUD.

t0rnado
02-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Bank of America rejects conjecture that it is WikiLeaks' next target

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/BUSINESS/11/30/wikileaks.boa/index.html

That makes no sense. HBGary's leaked emails proved that BOA hired them recently to discredit Wikileaks.

Assange has always said that he will attempt to bring the maximum amount of exposure to the leaks. Right now, there are revolutions occurring in Libya, Bahrain, massive protests in Algeria, Iran, and now Saudi Arabia, in addition to the whole situation with the unions in Wisconsin. The mainstream media, which tends to suppress the information leaked by Wikileaks anyways, is more likely to cover the turmoil in the Middle East rather than some BOA docs.

Wikileaks would be wise to release them after the chaos ends for maximum reach.

Zatch
02-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Where did the idea come from that it was going to be BOA. WikiLeaks never named a specific bank.

hazek
02-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Earth shattering revelations about BOA were merely rumors. What Assange actually said was that he has potentially damaging files on a major US bank, nothing more nothing less.

puppetmaster
02-26-2011, 12:09 PM
yes this seems to have been shuffled under the carpet....

Thrashertm
02-26-2011, 01:18 PM
I thought some earth shattering revelations about BOA was supposed to be coming soon? Have the financiers of the world gotten to Assange? Anyone heard anything? I am thinking about ditching my account with BOA anyways.

Perhaps wikileaks has been waiting for the excitement in the Mideast to die down before introducing the new story.

jct74
02-27-2011, 11:59 PM
this is the latest I have heard about it:

Exclusive: Assange suggests bank documents are a snore
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/09/us-wikileaks-bankofamerica-idUSTRE7185W620110209

LONDON (Reuters) -The bombshell that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has said could "take down a bank or two" may in fact be something of a dud.

Assange has said privately he does not know if his cache of internal Bank of America (BAC.N) data, whose public release he has suggested might be imminent, contains any big news or scandal, according to three people familiar with the WikiLeaks leader's private discussions about the material.

They said that Assange said it consists of e-mails from the hard-drive of a Bank of America executive's computer and that the latest messages are dated sometime in 2006.

The sources said that Assange privately acknowledged the material was not self-explanatory and that he personally was unable to make much sense of it. Assange indicated it would require a substantial amount of effort by financial experts to determine whether any of the material was newsworthy, according to the sources.

daviddee
02-28-2011, 12:06 AM

LinusVanPelt
02-28-2011, 12:13 AM
What could the public possibly hear that is any more nauseating, infuriating and corrupt than what has been reported openly almost daily for at least 2 1/2 years, at least since the bail-outs of 2008? That was a point when we crossed some sort of threshold. The illegal collusion and open lawlessness of our Federal Reserve system and its corporate-finance patrons is known to anyone who cares to read the daily news. None of it is any kind of secret anymore, except to those who simply don't want to know.

daviddee
02-28-2011, 02:33 AM

notsure
02-28-2011, 03:16 AM
Perhaps the information is so explosive that it must be primed, or released in a manner which not to cause total global upheaval. Who knows? I can only speculate. What could be so damaging that the Justice Department would recommend HBGary, to Bank of America and the Chamber of Commerce, to take down wikileaks and anonymous?

Related article:
Stolen HBGary e-mails indicate it was planning a "new breed of rootkit"
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/021611-rsa-hbgary.html