PDA

View Full Version : Idaho senators kill nullification bill

Noob
02-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Idaho senators kill nullification bill

An Idaho Senate committee killed legislation seeking to nullify the federal health care reform bill on a voice vote today after a nearly three-hour hearing, angering a crowd of close to 200 that grew restive afterward, with some members confronting lawmakers.

Lori Shewmaker, of Boise, shouted “coward” at senators as they left the hearing. Others angrily gathered around Sen. Patti Anne Lodge, R-Huston, and one young man told Senate President Pro Tem Brent Hill, R-Rexburg, “You know we’re left with no alternative but to defend ourselves.”

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/feb/25/idaho-senators-kill-nullification-bill/

anaconda
02-26-2011, 03:38 AM
I thought Idaho was a red state...

JohnEngland
02-26-2011, 05:28 AM
One word: Primaries.

Sola_Fide
02-26-2011, 06:08 AM
Any member of congress who votes against nullification is an enemy of liberty.

Nullification is Liberty's last stand in America.

Stary Hickory
02-26-2011, 06:09 AM
They need to vote the ass hats out of office. They should be defending the people against federal government overreaches. I really hope people in Idaho throw out the dirt bags who stopped it.

Noob
02-26-2011, 06:39 AM
They need to vote the ass hats out of office. They should be defending the people against federal government overreaches. I really hope people in Idaho throw out the dirt bags who stopped it.
In the last election a lot of them ran unopposed.

Southron
02-26-2011, 07:08 AM
I guess they all have dreams of future federal offices.