PDA

View Full Version : Independence Day Money Bomb

Anti Federalist
02-25-2011, 07:28 PM
FWIW...

1) Independence Day is on Monday, 4 July, this year, so there will be both aspects, holiday for some, work day for others that covers both sides of "when should a money bomb day be" question.

2) It is a date that both "conventional conservatives/Republicans" and "radicals" can get behind.

3) Assuming a RP announcement some time in the next month or two, it will be long enough after the announcement to plan and spread the word, but early enough in the cycle to get the money to the campaign and have them do something constructive with it in Iowa and NH before the primary dates.

Maybe somebody already proposed this date, if so, I concur.

sailingaway
02-25-2011, 07:30 PM
I like it.

ItsTime
02-25-2011, 07:31 PM
I dont like it for this reason. People will not be home and/or work. Moneybombs work better when people get bored at work, make a donation and facebook about it. That is my 2 cents.

RP4Pres2008
02-25-2011, 07:34 PM
I dont like it for this reason. People will not be home and/or work. Moneybombs work better when people get bored at work, make a donation and facebook about it. That is my 2 cents.

I thought this initially as well...but now I am not so sure. One thing that it has going for it as well is that it right in the middle of a potential May 1 or 2nd date and November 5th.

Anti Federalist
02-25-2011, 07:37 PM

I'd tend to agree, except for the fact that our very best moneybomb was on a Sunday during the holiday season.

ItsTime
02-25-2011, 07:39 PM
I'd tend to agree, except for the fact that our very best moneybomb was on a Sunday during the holiday season.

That was in the winter, and during the holiday season (giving season). Im not die hard against it. Im pretty sure we can make anything big.

Just summer time, people want to leave early, go to the beach, spend the day there, go bbq, go see the fireworks. I just see losing a lot of "lazy" donations.

Anti Federalist
02-25-2011, 07:42 PM
That was in the winter, and during the holiday season (giving season). Im not die hard against it. Im pretty sure we can make anything big.

Just summer time, people want to leave early, go to the beach, spend the day there, go bbq, go see the fireworks. I just see losing a lot of "lazy" donations.

Could be and there are a lot of "what ifs" to be answered before even getting to that point.

I'm just wondering what other date would work.

But like you said, if we can make Guy Fawkes day, in the US, a "big" day, I guess we can make any date work.

sailingaway
02-25-2011, 07:50 PM
But Boston Tea party was better, and Independence Day fits SO well........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ItsTime
02-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Could be and there are a lot of "what ifs" to be answered before even getting to that point.

I'm just wondering what other date would work.

But like you said, if we can make Guy Fawkes day, in the US, a "big" day, I guess we can make any date work.

Yeah exactly. the 4th could be the "best date" for summer.

Michael P
02-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Only speaking for myself but I will be out of town on vacation and almost 100% not be able to donate on the 4th. I would imagine there might be a lot of people in the same boat. The 4th is one of the most popular Holidays to not work and not be home.

My 2c is its a bad day for a money bomb.

Anti Federalist
02-26-2011, 01:52 AM
///

Nate-ForLiberty
02-26-2011, 02:17 AM
Moneybomb talk seems to have lulled for a couple of days. It would be cool to present the official campaign with a schedule so that they can plan around it.

Anti Federalist
02-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Moneybomb talk seems to have lulled for a couple of days. It would be cool to present the official campaign with a schedule so that they can plan around it.

Yeah, well, we're all on pins and needles here, standing by, waiting on orders.

Once word comes down that there will be a presidential run, then things will start happening.

RP4Pres2008
02-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah, well, we're all on pins and needles here, standing by, waiting on orders.

Once word comes down that there will be a presidential run, then things will start happening.

Yes, exactly...everyone is just waiting for the official word. Until then, everyone should save their money :D

PatriotOne
02-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Sounds great in theory. INDEPENDECE DAY MONEYBOMB! In reality though I think all the activities surrounding 4th of July would be too much competition. People camping, vacation's, bbq's, out of town company with 10 little cousins, nephews, nieces running around, fireworks, parades, etc, etc. Take it from someone who has a birthday on the 4th of July. You just can't compete with that stuff. lol.

Anti Federalist
02-27-2011, 02:01 AM
Blimp

IDefendThePlatform
02-27-2011, 02:18 AM
I definitely say we need a moneybomb on July 4th. It's the most patriotic day of the year!

Anti Federalist
02-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Blump

Anti Federalist
03-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Brump