PDA

View Full Version : How can a state enforce the 10th?

american.swan
02-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression federal agents enforce federal judges mandates and federal laws. How can a state enforce the 10th amendment? Arrest federal agents?

Maybe the state should have laws setting up "in the event of an emergency XYZ NC is required to declare itself an independent nation...." I'm assuming the states don't have any system in place in such an event. In some states, maybe not so easy in NC, this sort of emergency sovereign laws might be easy to get passed.

What laws/policies do states have in place in case of a currency crisis?

Government uses emergencies to "take power". Why can't states do the same? In emergency, state banks... In emergency blah blah blah...

I think the principle that's most important is...if one state does some crazy laws, people can move to another state, like CA moving to TX for jobs in economic hard CA. The problem is the Fed Gov screws up the whole country.

american.swan
02-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Would it be possible to draft some "Best state" laws? Express intent is to undercut other states in an effect to attract business/residents? The state needs to attract revenue and grow business. Government loves emergencies. If I was in your position, I might propose an "emergency" economic reform package to attract businesses and revenue to the state.

A huge problem is the stupid fed reserve interest rate. Would it be possible to create a program which allowed citizen to citizen loans or some sort of loan program which was able to work in a far more market way. If you can have a farm produce "freedom-from-the-feds" law, why not a banking freedom-from-the-feds" law?

GunnyFreedom
03-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Really, (and especially in NC with an eye towards Article 1 Section 5 of the NC Constitutuion) there is no real way to 'enforce' 10th Amendment acts. It's more of a position statement, and possibly a means to force the issue to the US Supreme Court to determine Constitutionality of the offending Federal Act.

That doesn't make nullification any less important. It is a political tool that may be used to define the power relationship between the State and Federal government. I am trying to do something rather specific with my nullification acts, and that is to replace the the checks and balances that went away with the ratification of the 17th Amendment with a new means of checking Federal power.

April1775
03-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Read "Molon Labe" lol....
http://www.amazon.com/Molon-Labe-Boston-T-Party/dp/1888766077/www30dollarfi-20

April1775
03-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Also, Gary Marbut who wrote the first "Firearms Freedom Act" (Montana) says he got the idea from that book.

american.swan
03-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Where in the US Constitution does it allow the ownership of state property? Isn't Nevada almost entirely Federal lands? I sure hope NC isn't similar. Didn't NC have to allow the feds to claim such and such land a national park? I'm thinking of the Great Smokey Mountain National Park in Tenn and NC. Could the state change it's mind and take over that land again?

I'm sure you've heard about those rumors of "state citizens" who refuse to be "federal citizens". Does NC issue birth certificates and drivers licences? Is there a way to issue these documents without "federal" paperwork, like a SS#. Could a safe haven be developed where a person was born, raised, educated, worked, and died in NC without federal oversight/taxes?

I absolutely love Gunny's efforts. Absolutely wonderful. Thanks so much.