PDA

View Full Version : Koch Brothers Fight PATRIOT Act?

Matt Collins
02-25-2011, 04:48 PM
http://reason.com/blog/2011/02/25/the-koch-brothers-right-wing-c

sailingaway
02-25-2011, 05:14 PM
I never expected to disagree with them on EVERYTHING.

dannno
02-25-2011, 05:19 PM
I never expected to disagree with them on EVERYTHING.

They donate to Reason, CATO, they campaign against our foreign empire, against the war on drugs, police state, they are for gay marriage, etc..

dannno
02-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Maybe I'm not tuned in, what are some really bad things about these guys?

NewRightLibertarian
02-25-2011, 05:20 PM
They donate to Reason, CATO, they campaign against our foreign empire, against the war on drugs, police state, they are for gay marriage, etc..

The left finds it appropriate to blame them for the rise of libertarianism and the Tea Party in this country so they are bad.

AuH20
02-25-2011, 05:20 PM

They're evil billionaires.

sailingaway
02-25-2011, 05:29 PM
The left finds it appropriate to blame them for the rise of libertarianism and the Tea Party in this country so they are bad.

They have been anti-Ron and pro empire/globalism/fed, in my understanding of it.

sailingaway
02-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Here is a Rockwell article, all about stuff before I started paying attention: http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/64928.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I DO know they donated to the great libertarian freedom fighter, Trey Grayson, against Rand in the primary...

But after the 'gop came together' and it was clear he would win, they donated to Rand in the general election.

FrankRep
02-25-2011, 05:34 PM

The Progressive Democrats hate them. Most people who attack the Kochs are Big Government Leftists.

The Kochs aren't completely in Ron Paul's camp, but they are friends for the most part.

Matt Collins
02-25-2011, 06:04 PM
There is a whole Mises v Cato war going on (unfortunately):
http://www.lewrockwell.com/gordon/gordon37.html

Aratus
02-26-2011, 11:48 AM
easily 20 million to the ACLU to fight PATRIOT ACTs I,II,III and any extensions?
this has to have made the ACLU's day in a big way i say!!! i am happily floored!

axiomata
02-26-2011, 12:01 PM
There is a whole Mises v Cato war going on (unfortunately):
http://www.lewrockwell.com/gordon/gordon37.html
Talk about petty squabbles.

Matt Collins
02-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Talk about petty squabbles.
I don't see it as petty, but I do see it as unnecessary.

Melissa
02-26-2011, 12:38 PM
It is funny that this thread came up as I dont even know who these guys are but I have been debating some liberals last night and the final piece that was written from one of them that I was arguing with was the quote below and if you think this is funny you should see the stuff I was debating. There was even a public school teacher calling me names saying I was trying to take food off of her table lmao

Ok, so I am awake now, and I looked back over this hysterical shit. I just have this to say. This is why we must fight these people. They will bring this country back to the days of child labor, destroy medicare, social security, public ...education, everything. They seek to destroy everything, so that thier reptilian shape shifting overlord, Koch industries, doesn't have to pay taxes. Take as evidence the fact that this shit bag beady eyed Wisconsin Gov came in, and in January created his deficit by eliminating taxes for corporations in Wisconsin, then used the "crisis" he created as an excuse to try to bust the union. These tea people are not equipped with enough gray matter to see how they are serving thier corporate overlords. We have to save them. The way we do this will not be to debate them. They are absolutely brainwashed into believing that only thier holy corporate overlord can save them, and that unions are shock troops for satan or something. We simply have to give them enough rope to hang themselves with. If you let one of these fanatics have some space, they will spill thier vile rotten opinions out as we've just seen, and what you'll get is a whole bunch of observers who don't want to be associated with that. It is far more effective than actually trying to convert them, which is impossible. At least without hypnosis to snap them out of thier programming. So, go out there, and don't be afraid to debate them. They will expose themselves. Try to enjoy it. Its actually pretty hysterical to me, all of it. We've got until Nov 2012 to give these people enough exposure to let the world know what they're all about. At that point, the electorate will take care of this in a very democratic, natural way.

sailingaway
02-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Did you know a talk show host actually asked Rumsfield if it was true he was a reptilian on their show while Rumsfield was promoting his book?