PDA

View Full Version : Scared into enslavement.

akforme
02-25-2011, 03:35 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/montana-governor-slams-tea-party-2011-2

Some residents, Democratic Gov. Brian Schweitzer and even some Republican lawmakers say the bills are making Montana into a laughingstock. And, they say, the push to nullify federal laws could be dangerous. "We are the United States of America," said Schweitzer. "This talk of nullifying is pretty toxic talk. That led to the Civil War."

BuddyRey
02-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Wow, I always had Schweitzer pegged as a fairly liberty-friendly governor. This is disappointing!

1000-points-of-fright
02-25-2011, 03:42 PM
"We are the United States of America," said Schweitzer. "This talk of nullifying is pretty toxic talk. That led to the Civil War."

If he means that the South was complaining about northern states nullifying too much, then yes he is correct. But somehow I don't think that's what he means.

Wesker1982
02-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Their state would be a place where officials can ignore U.S. laws, force FBI agents to get a sheriff's OK before arresting anyone

yes plz :D

None of this legislation is going to get anywhere, obviously. The governor will veto it

:(:(:(

caliber
02-25-2011, 03:46 PM
If we are truly a two party state how is it that this current president has gotten every thing he's asked for? Could it be true that Republicans and democrats are two wings on the same bird?

Fredom101
02-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Wow, I always had Schweitzer pegged as a fairly liberty-friendly governor. This is disappointing!

"Liberty-friendly governor" is an oxymoron. ;)

BuddyRey
02-25-2011, 04:28 PM
"Liberty-friendly governor" is an oxymoron. ;)

You got me dead-to-rights on that one. I've got to stop RPF'ing while sleep deprived. :D