PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to Pittsburgh

cdc482
02-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey guys,

I've contacted Holly from RP's D.C. office to get RP to give a speech to Pittsburgh that would take place at Carnegie Mellon University.

We put a lot of work into getting funding for the event, and we have some great ideas to get people and media outlets to the speech.
We're really enthusiastic about making this speech one of the biggest events in Pittsburgh history.

Supposedly, we'll be getting a decision next week.
Any advice on how to convince him to come?

torchbearer
02-25-2011, 12:44 PM
build it and he will come.

http://obit-mag.com/media/image/Field%20of%20Dreams(1).jpg

sailingaway
02-25-2011, 12:55 PM
If it is really about his ideas, he will come if he can. You are new, and I don't know if you are using his presence to push a different, conflicting agenda or not, but if you aren't, and he can make it, I'd expect him to do it. Just tell him how prepared you are, facility, outreach for supporters etc.

sam1952
02-25-2011, 01:12 PM
I believe Ron spoke at that venue in 2008. Yes, I was there. He is familar with Pittsburgh and has family here.

cdc482
02-25-2011, 02:57 PM
First of all, I just want to know that I may be new to the boards, but I am not new to Ron Paul. I supported Ron Paul before he ran for President in 08.
Secondly, I am offended that you would think I would use anyone to push a contrary agenda. I am a long-time Ron Paul supporter, and my only agenda is too aid in his 2012 campaign and meet my longtime hero.
Lastly, Ron Paul has spoken in Pittsburgh before but not @ Carnegie Mellon University.

cdc482
02-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Good advice so far btw. Thank you. I am will definitley make Holly aware of all the work we are willing to put into this event to make it huge.

Sola_Fide
02-25-2011, 03:00 PM
First of all, I just want to know that I may be new to the boards, but I am not new to Ron Paul. I supported Ron Paul before he ran for President in 08.
Secondly, I am offended that you would think I would use anyone to push a contrary agenda. I am a long-time Ron Paul supporter, and my only agenda is too aid in his 2012 campaign and meet my longtime hero.
Lastly, Ron Paul has spoken in Pittsburgh before but not @ Carnegie Mellon University.

Don't be offended. There are a lot of anonymous trolls that come here sometimes.

tangent4ronpaul
02-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Keep her informed but don't push or pester for a decision. Paul is VERY stubborn! It will also depend on what else is going on on many fronts, so you may not get an answer till close to the event.