PDA

View Full Version : Interviewer Asks Ron Paul if the Tea Party is Controlled by Corporate Interests

bobbyw24
02-25-2011, 05:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_03xujVPIA&feature=player_embedded#at=133

AuH20
02-25-2011, 08:00 AM
I wonder how Rand will respond.

Sola_Fide
02-25-2011, 08:01 AM
I didn't get the sense that Ron was explicitly saying the tea party was corporately owned...he was merely talking about establishment influences.

bobbyw24
02-25-2011, 08:04 AM
I didn't get the sense that Ron was explicitly saying the tea party was corporately owned...he was merely talking about establishment influences.

True--after watching the video, it was the interviewer who expressly made that statement

ninepointfive
02-25-2011, 08:08 AM
How about getting involved in the Tea Parties, or do something that will compete with them?

Its up to us to steer the Tea Party, or it goes back to the establishment. simple as that.

HOLLYWOOD
02-25-2011, 08:13 AM
I have posted numerous times on this forum connecting all the dots at who bankrolls and controls the Tea Party(s). PACs, DC, Corporations, etc

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?277147-Sen.-Rubio-%28R-FL%29-Names-Former-Cheney-Aide-Chief-of-Staff&p=3084735&viewfull=1#post3084735

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/24/sal-russo-republican-oper_n_511909.html

All the phony Tea Party sites and their drives of not only shaping members on; agendas, dialog, and site control, but they're also sucking money from unsuspecting members/local TP parties.

MR&M and Sal Russo... look that up and take the journey

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/202151/thumbs/s-SAL-RUSSO-large.jpg
Sal Russo, Tea Party Express strategist

Meet Sal Russo, the tea party's Karl Rove

http://www.rmrwest.com/index.php/RMRWest/Principals/

AuH20
02-25-2011, 08:14 AM
How about getting involved in the Tea Parties, or do something that will compete with them?

Its up to us to steer the Tea Party, or it goes back to the establishment. simple as that.

That's the battle that is raging. Right now the rabble is winning in the interim and controlling the national dialogue. But the scoundrels have lasting power. They usually win because of persistence.

TomtheTinker
02-25-2011, 08:56 AM
I thought that was an interesting interview until RP got off the air and she began playing to her listeners.

It amuses me how a seemingly bright person can have such a difficult time understanding such a simple concept. She said herself she tried to research Austrian economics but had a hard time finding the information. I think she needs a good dose of Tom Woods.

None the less it is my belief that in many ways people with similar points of view as this lady are more convertible then people who are sympathetic to the neoconservative camp. She said her self she wants to understand..

Maybe we could teach her..but then again we are to annoying to be listened to. :/

sailingaway
02-25-2011, 09:56 AM
People WERE trying (and are trying). It doesn't mean the grassroots effort isn't real, only that you know if you are in a grass roots effort pitching in to drive the policy, or whether you are 'getting' your policy from a group laying down the policy points, often with very slick communications.

bobbyw24
02-25-2011, 09:56 AM
That is really old and is being reedited and sent around to make it look like he is saying things he wasn't. He said a lot of people were trying to coopt the tea parties, but this was before the primaries last year if I remember right, or immediately after. People WERE trying (and are trying). It doesn't mean the grassroots effort isn't real, only that you know if you are in a grass roots effort pitching in to drive the policy, or whether you are 'getting' your policy from a group laying down the policy points, often with very slick communications.

I know--having re-watched it after I really woke up, I was thinking the same thing

sailingaway
02-25-2011, 09:59 AM
I know--having re-watched it after I really woke up, I was thinking the same thing

Well, the lead in is CPAC, but I could have sworn I heard the interview, months ago. Maybe I'm wrong and it is just really repetitive. They are talking about the tea party magazine, listening to it again, and that wasn't around back then. Anyhow, he didn't say it was corporate owned. SHE said it, then a bunch of other things, then she finally asked him a question and the 'taken over' part was some distance back. He'd have had to have unraveled a lot to get back to it. He just answered what he wanted to talk about. It was clearly HER point, but it wasn't his. He didn't really get involved in that except to say it is a natural reaction for powers to try to coopt things.

He says corporations took over as in CORPORATISM not in the tea party.

bobbyw24
02-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Well, the lead in is CPAC, but I could have sworn I heard the interview, months ago. Maybe I'm wrong and it is just really repetitive. Anyhow, he didn't say it was corporate owned.

you are correct--he never said it but of course who ever posted it on Youtube on Feb 23 gave it that title

sailingaway
02-25-2011, 10:17 AM
you are correct--he never said it but of course who ever posted it on Youtube on Feb 23 gave it that title

It was tweeted across the universe in multitudes, yesterday. She said it and then said 'I just wanted you to hear that directly from him', so if you were brain dead you might think he said it. Clearly many people fall into that category.

AGRP
02-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Ask yourself why all these "Tea Party" groups don't promote/flat out ignore the original Tea Party members such as Ron Paul, Medina, Kokesh, etc...

hazek
02-25-2011, 11:50 AM

I blame Ron and his campaign. I mean you spark a movement you don't go off and name an organization Campaign for liberty.... You name it The Tea party something!

Now it's almost too late to do anything about it beside maybe hold tea party rallies and have specific speakers.

Btw I was so frustrated with Randi I had to write her an email:

Hello Randi,

I'm a Ron Paul supporter from Europe and when I was browsing through the ronpaulforums.com I stumbled upon your interview with my hero. Yes despite fearing I'll sounding like a cult member I do believe in his message and his principles that much :) Anyways I enjoyed your interview and I thought you gave him a fair time to explain his positions which is something the mainstream media often doesn't do and you also asked some tough but important and fair questions. But I was a bit disappointed with Ron when he didn't manage to fully explain his position on monetary policy and I was very unhappy with your conclusion at the end about the gold standard.

I strongly believe the monetary issue is the most important issue of our time because in my opinion it is ultimately the reason why we have all these problems today and why I'm scared to death at my age of 27years of what the future will bring especially concerning my personal freedoms and prosperity. So when I hear someone passionate about economics and willing to learn like yourself I couldn't help my self but to write you.

What I think is a misconception mainly propagated by the main stream media is that Ron wants to go back to a gold standard. Let me clarify because although he tried I think he failed to do so in your interview; that's not what he wants at all. You can ask him the next time. What he wants is to repeal the legal tender laws and the sales tax on gold. You can read his statement about it here: http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-09-28/ron-paul-on-legal-tender-laws/

If Ron got his way and these got repealed and the government no longer had a monopoly on money and people were free to choose what they want to use as money in contracts as payments of debts and all other monetary obligations the markets would decide what they want and throughout history of 6000 years or so they usually picked gold and silver because of their unique characteristics. Note that if this happened again and I'm certain it would the dollar wouldn't be backed by gold like it used to be, instead all that would change is that people could choose what they'd want to use in their contracts for monetary obligations from either dollars, gold, silver or something else. The price of gold in terms of the dollar would then appreciate so that the new demand would match the supply. And viola your worries of how the the U.S. would loose all the gold in paying the national debt is solved.

Again I'm really happy to hear a radio host in the states is interested in free markets and liberty so I thank you once more for having the good doctor on your show and hope that you're willing to further learn about Austrian economics and maybe someday support it and spread it's message.

Best regards,
Marko

p.s.: learn more about the Austrian theory on money here: http://mises.org/media.aspx?action=search&q=money

sailingaway
02-25-2011, 12:14 PM
I blame Ron and his campaign. I mean you spark a movement you don't go off and name an organization Campaign for liberty.... You name it The Tea party something!

Now it's almost too late to do anything about it beside maybe hold tea party rallies and have specific speakers.

Btw I was so frustrated with Randi I had to write her an email:

If she were sincere, that would be great. I thought she was until the end where she regurgitated her starting statements and said that HE had said them, without noting his objections, refutations and exceptions.... and completely spinning the 'this has never happened before' statement which he had explained. There are competing ideas, so NO idea has 'happened before' in its purest academic sense.

ninepointfive
05-03-2011, 05:36 PM
persistence =)