PDA

View Full Version : Possible GOP Trickery Come Primaries

spivey378
10-23-2007, 03:19 PM
We should really brain storm on how to thwart some of the inevitable foul play they will do.

Where there are E voting machines, how we can make sure our votes are counted etc

Even if Paul wins, they will make him lose. There is a lot at stake.

steph3n
10-23-2007, 03:20 PM
don't let this worry you. don't dwell on it, insist on a paper trail. a receipt :)

RP4ME
10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I dont doubt there will be some trickery but I also dont think Paul woudl run if he thought it was entirely pointless and a done deal. I think we just have to watchful and vigilant and volunteer to work the polls and hopefully people who know more can make specific suggestions. I think people have commented on thsi before so uou may want to do asearch and see if any useful info pops up. :)

njandrewg
10-23-2007, 03:23 PM
if they screw with Ron Paul they'll guarantee that all of his supporters will go 3rd party

mavtek
10-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Have a table outside with a video camera and run your own exit poll

Richie
10-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Check your state's voting laws (some don't count absentee ballots), and vote absentee.

AdamT
10-23-2007, 03:32 PM
If he wins in a landslide it won't be as much of a problem. Now on the other hand, if it's close, a hack or manipulation is definitely a concern. And they won't hesitate for a second to do it either. The E machines are highly suspect and I don't trust them for a second.

DaronWestbrooke
10-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Demand a paper ballot ONLY! Do not use voting machines. They can be manipulated and I would bet dollars to donughts they will change all the Paul votes to match the fake polls out there. Paper ballots cannot be changed, nor can they track who voted for whom (something else I worry about with voting machines.)

DO NOT use voting machines period.

spivey378
10-23-2007, 03:38 PM
i may be out of the country so i'll have to vote absentee. do all places with voting machines have to give you a paper vote if you ask for one?

DaronWestbrooke
10-23-2007, 03:40 PM
do all places with voting machines have to give you a paper vote if you ask for one?

Yes they do, and while I am at it, I would suggest watching for when the news media covers your local polling place, and only vote when the media is there, and make sure they hear you demand a paper ballot. This may be an opportunity to get your message out that you are trying to keep from having your vote for Paul stolen.

Bradley in DC
10-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Get involved in the system: become a poll worker or whatever specific suits your individual paranoia. If you haven't been involved in politics previously, the unknown can seem mysterious and foreboding.

Solve the twin problems of your own insecurities and the genuine need for election workers.

sandersondavis
10-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Let's not forget that one of the best ways to combat this kind of shit is to have a large committed base of Ron Paul supporters. Paul as the integrity and Paul has the positions. It is an unbeatable combination. So get out there and hit the streets. Slimjims are cheap. Use 'em!

WillInMiami
10-23-2007, 05:39 PM
This kind of post is exactly why Ron Paul gets called crazy all the time. To them, crazy supporters = crazy candidate.

Everyone say thank you to all the fucking nuts that are ensuring Ron Paul will never be elected...

johngr
10-24-2007, 03:08 AM
Get involved in the system: become a poll worker or whatever specific suits your individual paranoia.

I disclaim here that I take the Szaszian view that "mental ilness" is a flawed concept that statists and their apologists uses against dissidents and political enemies. That said, though I don't think there's a clinical term for pathologically trusting a person or group that has clearly demonstrated that they are not trustworthy, if there were one, it would certainly apply to you.

I disagree the title of this thread. The Gop and the not so gop are in the same pockets and any nefariousness with the primaries will be to ensure that their annionted Hillary gets in.