PDA

View Full Version : Rand will be on Hannity's TV show tonight.

crhoades
02-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Just mentioned it on the radio.

sailingaway
02-24-2011, 04:47 PM
also letterman

Inkblots
02-24-2011, 08:45 PM
I must say, Hannity didn't sound best pleased by the prospect of means testing for Social Security. Ah well, Rand already recognizes that a lot of sacred cows will need to be gored before the debt crisis abates, so hopefully the nation will be ready to come along with him in time.

sailingaway
02-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Someone please post a tube; they were already on Libya when I got on.

Wren
02-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Watch hannity live: http://www.zahitv.com/2010/07/watch-fox-news-live/

nvm, seems i missed it. dammit

CableNewsJunkie
02-24-2011, 08:50 PM
At least Hannity mentioned he wanted his kids to be able to opt-out of SS.

sailingaway
02-24-2011, 08:55 PM
At least Hannity mentioned he wanted his kids to be able to opt-out of SS.

Hannity doesn't get it that the other option is he'd have to pay MORE, they'd take off the cap on paycheck deductions, so he'd have to 'trust the management of government' that he'd get the money. They'd use it on something else, as they do with whatever they get their hands on. So Rand is letting him 'opt out' of that, which is all Rand can do unless Hannity supports spending less overseas and using some of that money.....

Pls post a tube, someone!

Chieppa1
02-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Hannity had the look of someone that just KNOWS Rand is right. Rand's best line after Hannity asking if "so Congress will make it legal for them to steal all my SS money I put away my whole life?" "Sean, if we had the money we'd give it to you." (On raising the retirement age)

I have to say, at least Hannity admitted he doesn't expect his SS to be there for him. Still a snake. GIVE ME A SNOWBALL

jct74
02-24-2011, 09:48 PM
http://video.foxnews.com/#/v/4556157/rand-paul-on-threat-of-government-shutdown/?playlist_id=87937

jct74
02-24-2011, 09:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by5Gf0NejDc

EndSlavery
02-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the tube - you're the man.

outspoken
02-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Hannity doesn't know what to make of Rand Paul... what little conscience Hannity has resonates with what Rand's says but he fear mongering ego wants to discount Rand just as he has done with his father. He is still hellbent on killin' all the evil-do'ers regardless of costs be it financial or moral.

jclay2
02-24-2011, 10:11 PM
+ rep for Rand!

amisspelledword
02-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Hannity doesn't know what to make of Rand Paul... what little conscience Hannity has resonates with what Rand's says but he fear mongering ego wants to discount Rand just as he has done with his father. He is still hellbent on killin' all the evil-do'ers regardless of costs be it financial or moral.

you're right. it's fun to watch him struggle along. although i didnt think it was AS evident in this appearance as its been in the past... particularly during Rand's primary.

im so proud of Rand and what he's doing. he is leading discussion. i never dreamed he would be this influential. sure, no votes yet, but he is constantly on TV. how many other freshmen congressmen get this kind of treatment? not many.

civusamericanus
02-25-2011, 10:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by5Gf0NejDc
The following statement makes me believe Hannity is a statist, when he says “I support what you’re doing, even though you’re probably proposing a bill to steal all the money I paid my entire adult life into social security”.

If Hannity were a true conservative, he would have never made this statement, he should have simply closed the interview by saying he wholly supports Rand Paul’s cuts.

jabf2006
02-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Let's not pick at it too much. That interview made Rand look awesome to Hannity's entire audience, which is the most we can ask of the hack.

Sola_Fide
02-25-2011, 10:25 AM
You could see the look in Hannity's eyes: he knows Rand Paul is a true conservative and that he is right.

civusamericanus
02-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Let's not pick at it too much. That interview made Rand look awesome to Hannity's entire audience, which is the most we can ask of the hack.
Hannity just better watch his back, if he sticks it to Ron Paul again for a 2012 run.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2008/12/snowball-soldier.jpg

amisspelledword
02-25-2011, 12:23 PM
The following statement makes me believe Hannity is a statist, when he says “I support what you’re doing, even though you’re probably proposing a bill to steal all the money I paid my entire adult life into social security”.

If Hannity were a true conservative, he would have never made this statement, he should have simply closed the interview by saying he wholly supports Rand Paul’s cuts.

well, this is how i imagine a majority of people feel. Hannity was a relatively safe place for Rand to get an opportunity to talk about this (as Rand would say) "like adults" without getting too torn up. Sean brought up a popular viewpoint without getting red-faced about it and they were able to talk about it. With more discussion like this, people may start to change their views from "you're stealing my SS money" into "the govt stole my SS money so maybe i should let other people opt out"

low preference guy
02-25-2011, 01:30 PM

what? recognizing that government redistribution of wealth is stealing doesn't make one a statist.

sailingaway
02-25-2011, 03:47 PM
what? recognizing that government redistribution of wealth is stealing doesn't make one a statist.

I agree. It is wrong in both directions, equally wrong. However, in Hannity's case the 'solution' being considered in alternative was to raise his taxes more than the eventual benefits he would get, so this is better than that alternative. Rand needs enough votes to pass something.

civusamericanus
02-26-2011, 04:46 PM

Yeah I guess you're right, I was thinking people 55 and older would still get their social security. It's people Hannity's age or mine (42) who are going to get screwed. Hopefully, the young people will opt out, before they see how Generation X gets the raw end of SS.

eduardo89
02-26-2011, 04:48 PM
What would Hannity act like when interviewing President Paul?

Bergie Bergeron
02-26-2011, 06:11 PM
What would Hannity act like when interviewing President Paul?
Rand or Ron? :D