PDA

View Full Version : 9 year old gets patted down by TSA AFTER their TRAIN trip!

Anti Federalist
02-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Yeah, like Obama said, at least with train travel you don't have to deal with TSA...oh...wait.

TSA Harasses 9-yo Boy and Other Train Passengers After Their Trip

http://uk.gizmodo.com/5768805/tsa-harasses-9+yo-boy-and-other-train-passengers-after-their-trip?skyline=true&s=i

After going down in a spiral of paranoid stupidity—called out for saving body scan images, ridiculed for patting down an almost-naked woman or nailed for harrassing a kid at airport security—the TSA has reached a new low. It's surreal.

Here's what a traveler recorded on February 13, after his train trip to Savannah:

The only bad thing on our trip was [the] TSA at the Savannah train station. There were about 14 agents pulling people inside the building and coralling everyone in a roped area after you got off the train. This made no sense! Poor family in front of us! 9-year old getting patted down and wanded. They groped our people too and were very unprofessional. I am all about security, but when have you ever been harassed and felt up getting off a plane? Shouldn't they be doing that getting on? And they wonder why so many people are mad at them.

Indeed, this doesn't make sense at all. Why search people after the train trip? What's the logic here? Did the TSA get an alert that dangerous 9-year-old terrorists were coming in a train to Savannah? Perhaps it was TSA Surprise Training Time? Or maybe it was TSA Let's Piss Off People Day again?

We will never know, but it doesn't matter at this point. Just, keep up the great work, TSA. You are winning American's heart one unnecessary pat down at a time!

sailingaway
02-24-2011, 04:29 PM
TSA sucks.

jrskblx125
02-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Hahaha its like doctors swabbing before the lethal injection. Shits ass backwards.

Acala
02-24-2011, 04:34 PM
When the purpose has nothing to do with security and everything to do with training people to accept ever more arbitrary and invasive assaults by government agents, it doesn't matter when you grope the children. In fact, it is BETTER for it to make no logical sense. That way it is an exercise of pure power. "We are molesting your children simply because we can and because you are letting us do it. Not because it makes sense."

Anti Federalist
02-24-2011, 04:36 PM
When the purpose has nothing to do with security and everything to do with training people to accept ever more arbitrary and invasive assaults by government agents, it doesn't matter when you grope the children. In fact, it is BETTER for it to make no logical sense. That way it is an exercise of pure power. "We are molesting your children simply because we can and because you are letting us do it. Not because it makes sense."

That ^^^

qh4dotcom
02-24-2011, 04:41 PM
We will never know, but it doesn't matter at this point. Just, keep up the great work, TSA. You are winning American's heart one unnecessary pat down at a time!

TSA hasn't brought down Obama's poll numbers...it's obvious that the sheeple don't mind being patted down.

ihsv
02-24-2011, 04:45 PM
TSA hasn't brought down Obama's poll numbers...it's obvious that the sheeple don't mind being patted down.

It's probably the only time many of them get... nevermind :)

Anti Federalist
02-24-2011, 04:59 PM

Contrary to popular belief, the Gestapo was not the all-pervasive, omnipotent agency in German society.[15] In Germany proper, many towns and cities had less than 50 official Gestapo personnel. For example, in 1939 Stettin and Frankfurt am Main only had a total of 41 Gestapo men combined.[15] In Düsseldorf, the local Gestapo office of only 281 men were responsible for the entire Lower Rhine region, which comprised 4 million people.[16] "V-men", as undercover Gestapo agents were known, were used to infiltrate Social Democratic and Communist opposition groups, but this was more the exception, not the rule.[17] The Gestapo office in Saarbrücken had 50 full-term informers in 1939.[17] The District Office in Nuremberg, which had the responsibility for all of northern Bavaria employed a total of 80–100 full-term informers in the years 1943–1945.[17] The vast majority of Gestapo informers were not full-term informers working undercover, but were rather ordinary citizens who for whatever reason chose to denounce those they knew to the Gestapo.[18]

According to Canadian historian Robert Gellately's analysis of the local offices established, the Gestapo was, for the most part, made up of bureaucrats and clerical workers who depended upon denunciations by citizens for their information.[19] Gellately argued that because of the widespread willingness of Germans to inform on each other to the Gestapo that Germany between 1933-45 was a prime example of Panopticism.[20] Indeed, the Gestapo, at times, was overwhelmed with denunciations and most of its time was spent sorting out the credible from the less credible denunciations.[21] Many of the local offices were understaffed and overworked, struggling with the paper load caused by so many denunciations.[22] Gellately has also suggested that the Gestapo was "a reactive organization" that "...which was constructed within German society and whose functioning was structurally dependent on the continuing co-operation of German citizens".[23]

sailingaway
02-24-2011, 05:00 PM
I liked that story yesterday about the restaurant in Seattle that refuses to serve TSA.

ItsTime
02-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Why could they not refuse?

sailingaway
02-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Why could they not refuse?

They could and did, do. As a regular process.

Dr.3D
02-24-2011, 05:06 PM
They are not going to tell us the reasons for what they did, that would be classified as confidential. They may very well have had a tip that someone or even a group on that train was transporting something that could jeopardize the security of the 'government'. (notice I didn't say people of this country.) Having said that, I can see why perhaps they were searching people who were departing the train. I seriously doubt they have any other reason for doing a post travel search.

I don't agree with all of the searches though, so don't explode all over me for saying what I thought the reason may have been.

Anti Federalist
02-24-2011, 05:31 PM
They are not going to tell us the reasons for what they did, that would be classified as confidential. They may very well have had a tip that someone or even a group on that train was transporting something that could jeopardize the security of the 'government'. (notice I didn't say people of this country.) Having said that, I can see why perhaps they were searching people who were departing the train. I seriously doubt they have any other reason for doing a post travel search.

I don't agree with all of the searches though, so don't explode all over me for saying what I thought the reason may have been.

Once the trip was over, wouldn't 4th amendment protections then be in place?

"You may not search me, my bags, my person or my family, you do not have probable cause nor a warrant."

"Am I being detained?"

"Am I free to go?"

"Am I free to go?"

"Am I free to go?"

"Am I free to go?"

"Am I free to go?"

Dr.3D
02-24-2011, 05:48 PM

~snip
Sure, I was just expressing my view of why they may have done what they did. I didn't say it was proper or constitutional.

QueenB4Liberty
02-24-2011, 06:00 PM

Yeah it's sick.

Romulus
02-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Wtf are they going to do.. put you back on the train if they refused? Wait.... bad question to ask.

Anti Federalist
02-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Wtf are they going to do.. put you back on the train if they refused? Wait.... bad question to ask.

Hahahhahahah...wait...oh yeah.

Anti Federalist
02-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Sure, I was just expressing my view of why they may have done what they did. I didn't say it was proper or constitutional.

Yeah, I understand...what you postulated is just a stretch for me to believe.

aGameOfThrones
02-24-2011, 11:31 PM
There was a story about a guy not wanting to get checked once he arrived from an international flight, he ended up not getting search, but only after 2 hours of the TSA acting like total asses.

Brian4Liberty
02-24-2011, 11:32 PM

"You may not search me, my bags, my person or my family, you do not have probable cause nor a warrant."

"Am I being detained?"

"Am I free to go?"

"Am I free to go?"

"Am I free to go?"

"Am I free to go?"

"Am I free to go?"

That.

aGameOfThrones
02-24-2011, 11:41 PM
4th: I wanted to fly but not get search by the TSA.

Mundane: You don't have to fly(it's not a Right), you can take the train.

4th: I wanted to take the train but not get search by the TSA.

Mundane: You don't have to take the train(it's not a Right), you can take the Bus.

4th: I wanted to take the Bus but not get search by the TSA.

Mundane: You don't have to take the Bus(it's not a Right), you can travel in your car.

4th: I wanted to travel in my car, but the TSA decided to make checkpoints and search me.

Mundane: You don't have to travel! You've already lost your Right!

Anti Federalist
02-25-2011, 01:17 PM
///

Pericles
02-25-2011, 01:35 PM
You forgot the main point - did the onlookers feel safe? Reality has nothing to do with it.

Along with great quotes:

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward."
— Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/10420.Aleksandr_Solzhenitsyn)

hope4flowers
02-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Wow, that's absurd. I took Amtrak across the country in 2008, and I was first surprised by the lack of security, then I realized: You can not fly a train in to a building, so there's less reason to have security here than on a bus.

But somehow the absurdity of security at the exists was too absurd to ever even occur to me.

Pericles
02-25-2011, 05:21 PM
And if the people who are capable of these outrages think that that's all you're going to do, they will continue to commit these outrages.
Quotation of Caspar Weinberger (http://www.icelebz.com/quotes/caspar_weinberger)

Anti Federalist
02-25-2011, 05:56 PM
And if the people who are capable of these outrages think that that's all you're going to do, they will continue to commit these outrages.
Quotation of Caspar Weinberger (http://www.icelebz.com/quotes/caspar_weinberger)

Nice!