PDA

View Full Version : B&P person catches Rand Paul on plane ride for an impromtu interview

Agorism
02-24-2011, 12:27 PM
http://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2011/02/on-wing-and-prayer-rand-paul-tells-b-he.html

Because of the Kentucky primary, I'm still addicted to random Kentucky blogging sites.

Sola_Fide
02-24-2011, 12:35 PM
All in all, it was a pleasant conversation. Rand was friendly, open and for the most part engaged. I'd thought about telling him at the beginning that we didn't agree on a lot of things, but that I like the way he handles himself... and that I genuinely believe he is the best thing to happen to the Republican Party in years, but sadly, that would've just wasted time.

So even though Rand Paul may not be making a laser pointer joke on national television tonight, and even though he won't be announcing his Presidential intentions, we did learn that if they make a Fountainhead remake, Rand might be interested in pwning that quarry scene.

And that Ben Chandler needs to work on his name recognition. And that if you see Rand Paul somewhere, he's totally down to chat and is a pleasant dude.

Awwww look. The Left is playing nice. :rollseyes:

JoshLowry
02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Awwww look. The Left is playing nice. :rollseyes:

No need to roll eyes. Rand is breaking down barriers.

Sola_Fide
02-24-2011, 12:49 PM

Yes, he is. Integrity is popular.

Batman
02-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Integrity is what makes completely intolerable folks like Nader and Kucinich reasonable guys.

Cowlesy
02-24-2011, 12:59 PM

+rep

sailingaway
02-24-2011, 01:02 PM
+rep

Yeah, they were nice to him all through the primary. It is at the general election stage when they turn into something out of the night of the living dead.

The thing is, it isn't compromise. We AGREE on certain issues. We are just way apart on fiscal/size of government stuff. But while Rand is focussing on the Patriot Act, and the Senators who pretend to care about such things would have let it go by without objection on unanimous consent, Rand looks good to both sides.

I'm happy to get it, when it is there, but I'm not believing it means anything for a general election scenario.

specsaregood
02-24-2011, 01:12 PM

^I'm frequently glad you are the guy running this website. I'd rep ya, but unfortunately you have decided to keep the sickenly low quota/day of reps allowed. But you probably know best, so no big deal.