PDA

View Full Version : Is a Christian News Website afraid of a little blogger and the word pwn?

tnvoter
10-23-2007, 02:33 PM
In response to: http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/10/poll_whos_the_conservative_gop.php

I am 25 year-old college student, I also work 40+ hours a week for a security company, I also have voted since I've turned 18. I do not live in my parent's basement, I am Christian, and I'm online at the moment, typing- to take back my country. Nothing special, pretty average and normal in my opinion.

So it amuses me that the joke "pwn" (a deliberate mis-spelling of the often-online used word "own" by people who type too fast out of excitement), was reported upon.

This should be noted, because they noticed we're making a difference. Is it a good difference? When Ron Paul isn't included in telephone polls, and supporters comments are censored until they can no longer censor, and millions of american voters haven' t heard of Ron Paul -- I'm afraid any publicity is good publicity -- to a point of course, but in this sense, it's going to bite them in the bum if they intend to harm our cause. I didn't see them mentioning how Huckabee votes, didn't start doubling -- until we started promoting it on our websites either. That was nice of them to leave out that little note. Where were all the last minute huckabee votes coming from? <3 There's a big difference between Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee, and it has nothing to do with religion (for the hucksters out there reading this), and everything to do with being conservative (look up the actual meaning of it).

They suggest we took unauthorized control of a poll. If by voting in an open poll through an organized means, without changing any one else's vote, is their idea of unfair-- I will not apologize for using "pwn" for fun as part of a title. I Love freedom, and enjoy it.

I'll suggest my country's constitution has been "pwned" by people who have lied to get elected into office.

Which do you think is more important?

<3. Don't take everything so seriously. If it's not officially tied to the campaign, their annoyance at us for simply being more organized (more intelligent? perhaps.) is only going to strengthen our cause. We didn't do anything wrong by being made aware of a poll, and voted in it legitimately.

God Bless.
/salute

me3
10-23-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm beginning to think that the poll bombing is intervention. And at this phase of the campaign, it's hurting more than helping. We don't need to win every rinky dink online polls. HQ needs donations and we need to flesh and blood network with others to spread the campaign.

We already own the internet, it might be time to take care of our property, not trample it.

tnvoter
10-23-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm beginning to think that the poll bombing is intervention. And at this phase of the campaign, it's hurting more than helping. We don't need to win every rinky dink online polls. HQ needs donations and we need to flesh and blood network with others to spread the campaign.

We already own the internet, it might be time to take care of our property, not trample it.

By your broad definition, going to vote for president is a form of intervention.

Voting in a poll in an organized way to win a poll that was designed to have a winner, is not trampling anything Sir.

Good Day.

Chrispy
10-23-2007, 02:41 PM

Agreed,

For now on when we PWN rinky dink polls we should always use intermediary websites so that we will frighten and confuse them. It would be even funnier to use another campaigns forum to go to their site then vote for RP.

me3
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
By your broad definition, going to vote for president is a form of intervention.
It is. But it's actually a part of the process, these polls serve little purpose, and are becoming an albatross of negative pub when we get blowback.

Voting in a poll in an organized way to win a poll that was designed to have a winner, is not trampling anything Sir.
Voting isn't the issue. It's how it is centrally organized to look like an assault. People forget that clicking links from here leave referrer data at the target site, and these posts are all public, which means that anyone can read childish suggestions like "pwn".

If it generates negative PR, that is the opposite of what we are trying to accomplish right now. We're trying to promote the issues, the man and not scare people off that we're a bunch of fanatics.

Good Day.
Yeah, have a nice evening...

a_european

I'm not joking, for some hardcore anarchists it is. They think its immoral.

This information was provided by Unwanted Information Inc.

tnvoter
Agreed,
It would be even funnier to use another campaigns forum to go to their site then vote for RP.

hahaha.

I'll nominate fred's forums for that.

werdd
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
They are just jealous, and amazed at how organized we are. They are in for a huge suprise when the vote REALLY matters. If we care so much about these polls that means nothing, i really just cant wait for the big one!

tnvoter
10-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Me3, if it serves such a dinky purpose, then why would posting a "childish" word on a forum merit any real consequence at all.

This was a fairly important poll that goes out to people who need to be made aware of our candidate, I have a great idea for you - if you think it's a dinky poll, take your God given choice to not vote in it!