PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee Mike Huckabee on 2012: 'If I run, I walk away from a pretty good income'

HOLLYWOOD
02-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Huckabee was in Washington to launch a tour to promote his new book, A Simple Government. This guy peddling his "populist book". When this clown ran Arkansas, he grew government and raised taxes dozens of times. Let's not talk about Huckabee's Holy Crusade through Kenneth Copeland ministries using the ministries for campaign donations and free use of Ken's Gulfstream 550.

Huckabee is pure political scum

Mike Huckabee on 2012: 'If I run, I walk away from a pretty good income'
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-presidential-primary/145827-huckabee-on-2012-if-i-run-i-walk-away-from-a-pretty-good-income?page=2#comments

By Shane D'Aprile - 02/23/11 05:03 PM ET

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, a rumored GOP presidential hopeful, said Wednesday that the income from his day job as a radio and TV host is a major factor in his 2012 timing.
Huckabee, who hosts a daily radio show and a weekly TV show on Fox News, said he's "seriously contemplating" making another bid in 2012, but indicated that if he does ultimately jump in the race, it won't be anytime soon.

"If I run, I walk away from a pretty good income," Huckabee told reporters at an event hosted by The Christian Science Monitor on Wednesday. "So I don't want to walk away any sooner than I have to, because frankly, I don't have a lot of reserve built up."
During his 2008 run for the GOP nomination, Huckabee was the last man standing against the eventual nominee, Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), but he said the campaign took a hefty personal financial toll.

"I pretty much went through everything I ever had as an asset that I thought I might one day live on," Huckabee said, making the case that the second time around, he's in a position to sit back and wait for the Republican field to sort itself out some before he decides on another run.

"The idea that someone would crank up a campaign as early as possible, having been through it, doesn't make sense," he said. "Unless you're so poorly known that you have to go out and wave your arms in front of everybody else and say, 'Look at me. I'm here.' I'm in a very different position than I was in four years ago."

Huckabee was in Washington to launch a tour to promote his new book, A Simple Government. The bus tour is taking the former governor to 41 cities in less than a month, including six stops in Iowa and five in South Carolina.

Huckabee touted recent state and national polls that show him either at or near the top of the GOP primary field, making the case that his popularity now reaches well beyond the party's Evangelical wing.

"No longer am I relegated to a subset of the GOP," he said.

One state that isn't on the book tour is New Hampshire, an omission Huckabee brushed off as more about logistics than politics. "It's not conscious on my part," he said of the lack of a New Hampshire stop, noting that the tour schedule was put together by his publisher with a focus on selling books, as opposed to presidential politics.

"You ever been to New Hampshire in February?" Huckabee joked. "It's cold up there, man."

itshappening
02-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Huck looks after #1

there is zero benefit for him to run really if he's making millions doing what he's doing

why give that up ?

muzzled dogg
02-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Sounds like I true worker of god

HOLLYWOOD
02-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Huck looks after #1

there is zero benefit for him to run really if he's making millions doing what he's doing

why give that up ?

Used this all as a launching point for this 41 stop tour for his book. The Huckster opens his tour in Washington DC @ the PRESS CLUB today at Noon ET.

LOOK!

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/315586625/twitter_cspan_icon_normal.png
cspan (http://twitter.com/#%21/cspan) CSPAN

12p ET today LIVE on C-SPAN: @GovMikeHuckabee (http://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee) at @PressClubDC (http://twitter.com/PressClubDC) discussing his new book "A Simple Government" http://cs.pn/fsGe6s

brandon
02-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Huck looks after #1

why give that up ?

Money only goes so far. These sociopaths also crave fame and power.

Aldanga
02-24-2011, 09:34 AM
"So I don't want to walk away any sooner than I have to, because frankly, I don't have a lot of reserve built up."One more great reason why Huckabee should not be the executive of anything.

Deborah K
02-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Mike Huckabee on 2012: 'If I run, I walk away from a pretty good income

Keep your income. We don't want any more selfish pricks for Presidents.

Bossobass
02-24-2011, 10:50 AM
In '07, I first met Huckabee in Iowa, introduced myself and we spoke briefly. In '08, at the NC state GOP convention, I met and spoke at length with Governor Huckabee. I grilled him about having hard drives crushed upon leaving the Governor's mansion, being paid in promises to agree to take his turn at discrediting RP in the debates, agreeing to adopt this mad cow approach to foreign policy, wrapped in an insultingly obvious 'we have to support our troops/the Islamo-Boogeymen are out to kill us all' blanket, and many other hard core slams, which he answered, one-by-one, while looking me straight in the eye.

We spoke about other things that I agreed to keep between him and me, but suffice it to say that I believe he spoke very candidly and convincingly.

Mike is there for one reason only... to jump in at a moments notice to water down Ron Paul's numbers if and when RP throws his hat into the ring.

Let's not forget that McCain had squandered his huge December '06 polling advantage, exhausted his campaign funds, went into debt to cover his expenses for December '07 and signed up for government matching funds when BAM!, he shot up in the polls like the space shuttle in 10 days with an avalanche of media coverage to go on win in NH, winning, among other outrageously unbelievable stats, the anti-war and gay votes.

The entire 2012 pres campaign will be waged AGAINST RP, if he decides to run, from the moment he declares. Mike is just a card up the big boys sleeve in that game.

I don't believe he'll run unless RP does.

Just my 2 cents, based on face-to-face experiences in the -08 campaign, FWIW.

Bosso

Deborah K
02-24-2011, 11:02 AM
In '07, I first met Huckabee in Iowa, introduced myself and we spoke briefly. In '08, at the NC state GOP convention, I met and spoke at length with Governor Huckabee. I grilled him about having hard drives crushed upon leaving the Governor's mansion, being paid in promises to agree to take his turn at discrediting RP in the debates, agreeing to adopt this mad cow approach to foreign policy, wrapped in an insultingly obvious 'we have to support our troops/the Islamo-Boogeymen are out to kill us all' blanket, and many other hard core slams, which he answered, one-by-one, while looking me straight in the eye.

We spoke about other things that I agreed to keep between him and me, but suffice it to say that I believe he spoke very candidly and convincingly.

Mike is there for one reason only... to jump in at a moments notice to water down Ron Paul's numbers if and when RP throws his hat into the ring.

Let's not forget that McCain had squandered his huge December '06 polling advantage, exhausted his campaign funds, went into debt to cover his expenses for December '07 and signed up for government matching funds when BAM!, he shot up in the polls like the space shuttle in 10 days with an avalanche of media coverage to go on win in NH, winning, among other outrageously unbelievable stats, the anti-war and gay votes.

The entire 2012 pres campaign will be waged AGAINST RP, if he decides to run, from the moment he declares. Mike is just a card up the big boys sleeve in that game.

Bosso

So he's selfish AND a shill. Nice.

Sola_Fide
02-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Since when did running for president ever really negatively affect a person's income in the long run?

Isn't Trump running to make money?

Original_Intent
02-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Bu all means, Huck, stay with the pretty good income.

HOLLYWOOD
02-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Huckster's on C-SPAN now... well rehearshed

Of course... same with the debates, to dilute Ron Paul's message and do everything possible to keep Ron's message sinking into Americans thick coconuts. We all witnessed this first hand from the candidates, pundits, Main Stream Media, even the interviewers at debates. The Huckster will do anything to maintain his gravy train of cash coming in from Rupert Murdoch. It's good you brought this up on Huckster, because it goes for all on the right. In Nevada we watched the GOP sabotage the delegate convention in which all the delegates were to be for Ron Paul headed to Minnesota in 2008. This too was also buried by the media.

History always repeats itself in politics and the corruption and sabotage goes deep even within the party. I can't remember who it was in the 1950's but they sabotage a rally, right on the convention floor, that would of given him the presidential nomination, so it will go on, right to the bitter end. Meg Wittman and her secret deals with Police/Firefighter unions in California... BEFORE she was even the nominee for the GOP.

This is how ruthless, filthy, and dirty politics are and everyone needs to wise up that it's always going to be this way. I say fuck'em, fight fire with fire.

Bosso

Tax the Fed
02-24-2011, 12:06 PM
. . . The entire 2012 pres campaign will be waged AGAINST RP, if he decides to run, from the moment he declares. Mike is just a card up the big boys sleeve in that game.

looks like there's gonna be a "pig pickin'" . . .

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/Huckabee050108L_468x379.jpg

Sola_Fide
02-24-2011, 12:12 PM
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/Huckabee050108L_468x379.jpg

http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/fat_redneck.jpg

angelatc
02-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Huck is the SoCon candidate of choice.

Romulus
02-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Huck will do anything for money, and is - but one this is for sure, he'll never be the anointed one, just a well paid pawn.

amy31416
02-24-2011, 12:20 PM
http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/fat_redneck.jpg

How does he pee?

Sola_Fide
02-24-2011, 12:25 PM
How does he pee?

My guess is sitting down.

Batman
02-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Sarah Palin makes a good income on her TV show. She's the one I'd really like to see not make a run. Well, her and the Newt, but Newt seems to have a lot of free time on his hands.

lester1/2jr
02-24-2011, 01:22 PM
If it means an end to his show I say go for it.

Dr.3D
02-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Does that idiot actually believe he will keep that show after 2012? Seems if anything, FOX will drop him like a hot potato if he doesn't run.

tangent4ronpaul
02-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Could we cut out the Huck bashing?

I seem to recall that we picked up more supporters from his camp than any other candidate when he dropped out. What good does it do us to alienate them?

ItsTime
02-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Everyone start DVRing his show so his ratings go up and they offer him more money to stay. LOL

Batman
02-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Could we cut out the Huck bashing?

I seem to recall that we picked up more supporters from his camp than any other candidate when he dropped out. What good does it do us to alienate them?

I actually think he's the best candidate on the neocon side. I was a little disappointed McShame got the nomination instead of him.

gls
02-24-2011, 02:22 PM
I actually think he's the best candidate on the neocon side. I was a little disappointed McShame got the nomination instead of him.

Really? His relentless bashing of libertarians leads me to believe he has zero interest in actually enacting a limited government. I certainly would vote third party if he was the nominee.

devil21
02-24-2011, 02:26 PM
During his 2008 run for the GOP nomination, Huckabee was the last man standing against the eventual nominee, Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), but he said the campaign took a hefty personal financial toll.

Liar liar pants on fire!

gls
02-24-2011, 02:29 PM
One more great reason why Huckabee should not be the executive of anything.

Seriously. He is obviously a terrible manager of his finances as someone in his position should be extremely wealthy.

Kregisen
02-24-2011, 02:33 PM

LOL he's the WORST. He's worst than Romney.

Huck wants an unconstitutional NATIONAL smoking ban in ALL PRIVATE establishments, he wants to keep our trillion dollar a year foreign policy, he's a big spender, he raises taxes, and he just admitted despite making millions a year doing what he does, he's almost broke.

Might as well go with Obama if you're that much of a liberal!!

brandon
02-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Huck is really the worst candidate on either side. Romney is just more of the same. Huck represents a whole new level of tyranny.

HOLLYWOOD
02-24-2011, 02:45 PM
2008: Clinton noted the presence of his fellow former Arkansas governor.

"We don't agree on much, but he is a very good man," Clinton said of Huckabee, noting they had both worked on programs to combat obesity.

Huckabee is just your "Serving Up The Sermon" politician that can care less if he contradicts his past. It's always to "Look here at this New Bright and Shiny Me".

He's only there as a puppet to the establishment Money Masters.

Batman
02-24-2011, 03:59 PM
LOL he's the WORST. He's worst than Romney.

Huck wants an unconstitutional NATIONAL smoking ban in ALL PRIVATE establishments, he wants to keep our trillion dollar a year foreign policy, he's a big spender, he raises taxes, and he just admitted despite making millions a year doing what he does, he's almost broke.

Might as well go with Obama if you're that much of a liberal!!

Didn't know about his smoking ban idea. That turns me off quite a bit. I'm not a smoker, but I indulge in caffeine more than the average person.

crhoades
02-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Two words:
Chuck Norris

He's ours this time.

Batman
02-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Two words:
Chuck Norris

He's ours this time.

Is that for sure? It would be nice if he was.