PDA

View Full Version : Blacks make presence felt at CPAC

bobbyw24
02-24-2011, 05:51 AM
Blacks made their presence known at the 3-day Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) held Feb. 10-12 in Washington DC. Though fewer in number than their white counterparts, they served as speakers and panel discussion experts and they were listened to by thousands who embrace the conservative political philosophy.

Herman Cain, a businessman, radio talk show host, and “black American patriot,” drew several standing ovations from the packed-out audience in the Marriott Wardman Park. For some, this move in the black community towards conservative thinking may come as a surprise.

Crystal Wright of conservativeblackchick.com said that “there is a pre-conceived notion that blacks go lockstep with the Democratic Party and their paternalistic welfare to supposedly help the blacks.”

Cain said that “the liberals don’t think that we can think for ourselves.” Not only has he embraced conservative thinking, he is actively planning to run for president on the Republican ticket in 2012.

http://timesherald.com/articles/2011/02/22/news/doc4d640394a2b62487622884.txt?viewmode=fullstory

jtstellar
02-24-2011, 06:37 AM
my teeth are white but my hairs are black. i wonder what this makes me.. black or white? just playing.

bobbyw24
02-24-2011, 06:40 AM
my teeth are white but my hairs are black. i wonder what this makes me.. black or white? just playing.

I hear you. My 4 year old daughter asks: "Why do 'they' call 'them' black when they are brown?"

wormyguy
02-24-2011, 08:34 AM
They have black people! Like Herman Cain! And Herman Cain!

juleswin
02-24-2011, 08:48 AM
I hear you. My 4 year old daughter asks: "Why do 'they' call 'them' black when they are brown?"

so true, growing up I couldn't figure out why we were referred to as blacks or whites referred to as whites when in reality blacks are brown and whites are peach/pink than white. Of course there are exceptions to this rule like some tribes in Africa and really pale whites like Nicole Kidman and Kelly Osbourne

Justin D
02-24-2011, 10:52 AM
so true, growing up I couldn't figure out why we were referred to as blacks or whites referred to as whites when in reality blacks are brown and whites are peach/pink than white. Of course there are exceptions to this rule like some tribes in Africa and really pale whites like Nicole Kidman and Kelly Osbourne

Most blacks are brown in America because of mixed white ancestry during the slave era. Slave owners had kids with slaves so that the baby could grow up to be a slave as well. If you've ever been to Haiti or sub-Saharan Africa you'll see real black people.

Whites are called whites and blacks are called blacks for the sake of convenience. Terms 'black' and 'white' are simple and get the point across.

Guitarzan
02-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Whites are called whites and blacks are called blacks for the sake of convenience. Terms 'black' and 'white' are simple and get the point across.

That could be true, or it could be that black and white are polar opposites and thinking of folks as either "black" or "white" tends to put a strong emphasis on our differences as opposed to our similarities. It's a divide and conquer technique.

unklejman
02-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Collectivist article is collectivist.

Sola_Fide
02-24-2011, 11:14 AM
No mention of "the rent is too damn high" guy?

Pshhhhh. Racist article.

Matt Collins
02-24-2011, 11:53 AM
In other parts of the world you have white, black, and colored. Colored people to many Africans and Europeans are those from India / Pakistan, and the mid-east.

Back to the subject at hand, not that I was counting, but I noticed very few non-white people actually attending CPAC.

Jeremy
02-24-2011, 11:54 AM
They have black people! Like Herman Cain! And Herman Cain!

There was actually a lot of black people at CPAC.

juleswin
02-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Most blacks are brown in America because of mixed white ancestry during the slave era. Slave owners had kids with slaves so that the baby could grow up to be a slave as well. If you've ever been to Haiti or sub-Saharan Africa you'll see real black people.

I agree with the convenience part but as a kid, that really pissed me off. The other point you made about the mixing is absolutely bogus. One, I grew up in Nigeria which is the sunniest part of Africa (closest to equator) and I can tell you that we had light skin, straighter haired tribes who did not mix with any white race people. My mom and my other sibling for example all have a lighter complexion than say Halle Berry. The misconception about Africans is that they are all dark but that not true. The average Nigerian ends up 2-3 shades darker than their American counterpart because of the year round sun exposure

Also the slave masters few shenanigans with the slaves wasn't enough to have big enough to impact the genetic make up of African in America plus generations and generations of those descendants procreating with other African Americans would have diluted away any of the white genes. But on the issue of blacks joining the liberty movement, Its not going to be very easy to convince people (a lot in financially dependent on the state) to abandon the state but that should stop anyone from pushing forward.

gls
02-24-2011, 01:05 PM
That could be true, or it could be that black and white are polar opposites and thinking of folks as either "black" or "white" tends to put a strong emphasis on our differences as opposed to our similarities. It's a divide and conquer technique.

Very astute observation. I agree.

CMoore
02-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Don't forget Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams.