PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul on Nightline : Put on Unfaircoverage.com

Doug8796
02-24-2011, 04:14 AM
The whole interview painted Rand and his father as crazy without providing details for why the beliefs they have make sense.

JoshLowry
02-24-2011, 04:19 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/senator-mission-12986752

Protip: Include a link in your threads so people know what you are talking about. ;)

Thomas
02-24-2011, 04:36 AM
put this on too: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/50023.html

emazur
02-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Not a hit piece. If I was Rand I would be happy with it, and any conservative who watched it would approve of Rand. You're putting a magnifying glass under the few seconds they went over the civil rights act and that stupid aqua buddha. Only other bad thing was the graphics with chainsaw Rand made him look like a madman, but the bottom line you get from watching the whole thing is that Rand is the most serious Senator when it comes to cutting big government, and that's good.

Doug8796
02-24-2011, 05:22 AM
Yes, but the average american would think he is crazy with the chainsaw..

Romulus
02-24-2011, 07:20 AM
I hate when the edit in crap out of the interview like "but this isnt little league"..

zyphex
02-24-2011, 07:38 AM
That wasn't a hit piece...

MelissaCato
02-24-2011, 07:48 AM
That was a good interview I think.

Brent Pierce
02-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Overall it was a good interview. I couldn't help but notice the reporter that introduced the piece chuckled when mentioning Paul would get rid of the department of education and energy. The cartoon with the chainsaw also suggested he was not as "sophisticated" as our current monarch. If you are a conservative it was a good piece but it left more than enough room for liberals and neocons to smirk.

juleswin
02-24-2011, 08:38 AM
whats up with the bit about "worshiping his dad"? I am one of the biggest Ron Paul supporters but I dont even worship him. I do have a lot of respect for him and believe he is the most honest and principled (principle I agree with) politician out there.

Also the line about not compromising on anything and the crazy looking Rand Paul with a chainsaw would likely scare away fence sitters. This is not the worst coverage but its not fair either.

Fearful of the austerity causing, no compromising, dad worshiping, WI style riot causing, chainsaw wielding Rand Paul

angelatc
02-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Yes, but the average american would think he is crazy with the chainsaw..

http://oregoncatalyst.com/uploads/reagan-bush-obama.jpg

Out of these three, the chainsaw guy was the least dangerous.....and also the most popular with Rand's base.

teacherone
02-24-2011, 08:41 AM
^^^lulz

was a good piece--- not a hit.

pcosmar
02-24-2011, 08:49 AM
whats up with the bit about "worshiping his dad"? I am one of the biggest Ron Paul supporters but I dont even worship him. I do have a lot of respect for him and believe he is the most honest and principled (principle I agree with) politician out there.

Also the line about not compromising on anything and the crazy looking Rand Paul with a chainsaw would likely scare away fence sitters. This is not the worst coverage but its not fair either.

Fearful of the austerity causing, no compromising, dad worshiping, WI style riot causing, chainsaw wielding Rand Paul

Worshiping Ron Paul?
No, it is called respect. I remember when I was researching him . His history in office, the consistency of the message over the years. There was definitely an "Oh Wow" moment when I realized how rare he was, and that I wanted to support this guy.
Hope and great respect, but not worship. He is both rare and refreshing though.

I have hopes for Rand, But he doesn't have his dads history,,,yet.

juleswin
02-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Worshiping Ron Paul?
No, it is called respect. I remember when I was researching him . His history in office, the consistency of the message over the years. There was definitely an "Oh Wow" moment when I realized how rare he was, and that I wanted to support this guy.

And that is exactly my point. They stated in the segment that Rand "worshiped" his dad when they could have easily used a more innocuous like respect, looked up to etc. The word worship has a cult ish vibe to it and am sure you are aware that some people paint the movement as a cult.

sailingaway
02-24-2011, 09:17 AM
And that is exactly my point. They stated in the segment that Rand "worshiped" his dad when they could have easily used a more innocuous like respect, looked up to etc. The word worship has a cult ish vibe to it and am sure you are aware that some people paint the movement as a cult.

They had an agenda. But they CLEARLY had an agenda. I think to J. Q. Public, and DEFINITELY to Joe the Plumber, Rand came off great.

VBRonPaulFan
02-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Worshiping Ron Paul?

I think worshiping was the correct word. There is nothing wrong with worshiping/idolizing your father, imo. That's a good thing, as a father is supposed to teach their children all kinds of life lessons and morals.

JamesButabi
02-24-2011, 10:15 AM
I didn't feel like the article was a hit piece. Nothing was wrong about the facts they presented. It would simply be ignorance or a predisposition of a watcher if they deemed him radical

However the politico article....... how did they miss that one?!? Adding it now

Romulus
02-24-2011, 12:02 PM

Yes, not a hit piece, but they definitely got their digs in.