PDA

View Full Version : Any IPhone/Android App Gurus about?

CaseyJones
02-23-2011, 09:56 PM
I have a idea about a moneybomb app and was wanting to know if it is possible or if we have time to make one?

RPIdeaMan08
02-24-2011, 01:13 AM
im about 78% sure it's really easy to make the app. it shouldn't take to long to get released. I can't find any good liberty news apps though. what are some purposes that the money bomb could serve? reminder, tracking money aka ron paul graphs style. donation link. videos related to it.

muzzled dogg
02-24-2011, 01:33 AM
yeah all that stuff plus countdown

random shit like dates for upcoming debates

upgradable for subsequent moneybombs

dntrpltt
02-24-2011, 09:10 AM
It costs like $99 to be an official developer though...I mean, you can go ahead and get the SDK developer kits and all, but before you can publish to the app store, you have to pay the $99.

I have the SDK kit and all, if you want I could try and start to make something. I don't want to be the only one making one though, it would be nice if we had 2-3 we could choose from to find the best.

Suggested features (some pulled from above):
-Countdown to next moneybomb
-Ticker
-Important dates
-integration with iPhone calendar
-inspirational videos
-twitter integration
-liberty related news?

###

On an unrelated note, a company makes a creditcard swiper for an iPhone that is free to get, trans fees are like $.25, no monthly fee or quota. This might be pretty handy when people are at ron paul rallies; one could ask people for donations for a moneybomb that is currently going and swipe their card on the spot. Just a thought.

Thomas
02-24-2011, 09:27 AM
a grassroots app would be suhweet, don't forget blackberry!

tsai3904
02-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Someone over at the DailyPaul released a Ron Paul app for the iPhone and Android.

http://www.dailypaul.com/156596/ron-paul-android-app-released

He might be willing to help.

CaseyJones
02-24-2011, 04:03 PM
cool guys all great ideas
bump for more

ChrisDixon
02-24-2011, 05:09 PM
im about 78% sure it's really easy to make the app. it shouldn't take to long to get released. I can't find any good liberty news apps though. what are some purposes that the money bomb could serve? reminder, tracking money aka ron paul graphs style. donation link. videos related to it.

As for the liberty news apps, you're better off to just use RSS feeds. I have the Newsrob app and I can run my Google account through it, so all my RSS feeds go straight to my phone for easy access. Blog and independent news galore!

IDefendThePlatform
02-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Someone over at the DailyPaul released a Ron Paul app for the iPhone and Android.

http://www.dailypaul.com/156596/ron-paul-android-app-released

He might be willing to help.

Thanks I just downloaded it and it looks sweet so far. If you guys come up with another I'll download it, too.

Also, I've downloaded the CNN app and UReport from FoxNews so that I can feed any Ron Paul rallies or events to the MSM whenever I get the chance.

CaseyJones
02-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks I just downloaded it and it looks sweet so far.

cool what does it look like and do?

Thomas
02-24-2011, 09:17 PM
we need something sexy and functional that we can market...who are our coders?

IDefendThePlatform
02-24-2011, 09:23 PM
cool what does it look like and do?

Its got his headshot on the front, then its main categories when you open it are:

Who is Ron Paul?

On the Issues

Legislation

Voting Record

Twitter

And it links to some good youtube videos, forums (this one and dailypaul.com), has news, him on Digg, Austian econ stuff, blogs, other websites,......

Basically it is very well done and has a TON of stuff in it. Kudos to its maker.

CaseyJones
02-25-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxPVyieptwA

Invi
02-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Don't forget webOS. lol.

Viva La Constitution
03-01-2011, 09:36 AM
How about apps for the various Internet TV platforms, such as Yahoo! Connected TV?

muzzled dogg
04-04-2011, 05:57 PM
bump?