PDA

View Full Version : Whats with all the negative posts?

quickmike
10-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Everything I see is either good news about another candidate, or some Red State BS.

Damn, its starting to look like the last days of the Howard Dean campaign around here. WTF?

Get out there and promote Ron Paul if you have nothing to do.

What the hell?

Im gonna have to take a break from this place if this keeps up. Too depressing.

DaronWestbrooke
10-23-2007, 02:20 PM
You can't deal with a problem by sticking you fingers in your ears. If we are going to deal with negative press, we need to put it out there and discuss how to attack it.

TechnoGuyRob
10-23-2007, 02:22 PM
IMHO, your post is the one that's negative, quickmike.

:p

a_european
I fear arrogance is starting to destroy the campaign.

:(

KewlRonduderules
I honestly think there are trolls around. That is why. It was not like this last week. Hmmmm... something is going on.

Mortikhi
10-23-2007, 02:23 PM
The glass is half empty crowd are pwning the boards.

ItsTime
10-23-2007, 02:23 PM
To be honest I think the 10 people from Hucks forum come here to post neg threads and we fall for it every time. :(

quickmike
10-23-2007, 02:24 PM
You can't deal with a problem by sticking you fingers in your ears. If we are going to deal with negative press, we need to put it out there and discuss how to attack it.

Better to spend your time POSITIVELY promoting Ron Paul instead of crying in your beer because the MSM is doing what they've always done since the campaign started. This is a bunch of crap.

This is what the MSM wants. They want you to waste time and resources worrying about what they say, instead of using that time to go out in the real world spreading the message.

Lord Xar
10-23-2007, 02:24 PM
yes, I agree...

What has changed? Lets analyze this.... What bent has the threads taken? What are the titles of "said" threads taking.... seriously, lets analyze this.. I believe that if there is a concerted effort to disrupt things here, they will do it nonchalantly and in a very nonobvious way.....

any ideas?

KewlRonduderules
10-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I have a feeling who's who too. I've been paying attention.

Damn! Where is my tin foil hat?!

:p

freelance

That's why I was gone for so long. All the in-fighting gets me down.

I don't know who's behind it, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that it's a concerted effort. That may just be the tinfoil hat in me, but I'm usually right. And, before everyone jumps down my throat for being negative, I'm not. I'm a realist.

davidhperry
Everything I see is either good news about another candidate, or some Red State BS.

Damn, its starting to look like the last days of the Howard Dean campaign around here. WTF?

Get out there and promote Ron Paul if you have nothing to do.

What the hell?

Many folks have suggested that we need a separate, "members only" portion of the forums to talk about negative stuff. That way, people who come here seeking to learn more about Ron Paul aren't hit with the downer threads.

quickmike
To be honest I think the 10 people from Hucks forum come here to post neg threads and we fall for it every time. :(

Does Huck have 10 people? LOL

Drknows
I give them one star ratings and ignore them hoping they get deleted or removed.

quickmike
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Many folks have suggested that we need a separate, "members only" portion of the forums to talk about negative stuff. That way, people who come here seeking to learn more about Ron Paul aren't hit with the downer threads.

That would be a good idea. People coming here for the first time dont need to get their hopes shot down before they even start.

LibertyEagle
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM

Actually, there is a place for such articles and it is not in the RonPaul grassroots section of this forum. Check it out. The section is called, "Bad Media Reporting on Ron Paul".

Mortikhi
10-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Most of the posts in the last week has been bossy people saying "dont V Nov 5!" or "Do this, not that!".

People are gonna do what they feel is going to help their man, Ron Paul, win. If you dont agree with it, who are you? Just some anonymous internet user.

Suggestions good. Bossy bad.

DaronWestbrooke
10-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Good point, we need to keep whomever the mods are moving those down there.

DaronWestbrooke
10-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Most of the posts in the last week has been bossy people saying "dont V Nov 5!" or "Do this, not that!".

People are gonna do what they feel is going to help their man, Ron Paul, win. If you dont agree with it, who are you? Just some anonymous internet user.

Suggestions good. Bossy bad.

I think there are a lot of folks trying to stop the grassroots efforts in the rEVOLution by trying to make us run a campaign like Tancredo or Gravel. We see how those campaigns are working.

davidhperry
10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Actually, there is a place for such articles and it is not in the RonPaul grassroots section of this forum. Check it out. The section is called, "Bad Media Reporting on Ron Paul".

Cool, thanks for the pointer. That way, we can direct people to stick that stuff there. Please don't litter this section with it.

KewlRonduderules
10-23-2007, 02:30 PM
There have been people who would just continue to argue for the sake of arguing and would bring up threads that were dead and attempt to bring em back alive just to create chaos or conflict.

Like I said, I have been paying attention.

Tin foil hats are the best!!!

:)

quickmike
Im glad you guys agree theres a place for this downer crap.

It sure isnt here.

LibertyOfOne

That is a great idea. +++

me3
10-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Better to spend your time POSITIVELY promoting Ron Paul instead of crying in your beer because the MSM is doing what they've always done since the campaign started. This is a bunch of crap.

This is what the MSM wants. They want you to waste time and resources worrying about what they say, instead of using that time to go out in the real world spreading the message.
Hallelujah brother.

I came here because it was a forum for activism and campaigning, and then a media resource. I'm pretty capable of reading google news and technorati for my RP fix. Networking with others and working collaboratively is what makes the grassroots an asset to the campaign.

If the campaign doesn't attack negative media, following Gandhi's doctrine of peaceful resistance, we certainly shouldn't bog down trying to argue and harass. There is so much work we can be doing to further the campaign and get us closer to our goal of putting the good doctor in the White house.

micahnelson
10-23-2007, 02:33 PM
I think the disrespect of paul is one of the first things people notice, how he gets made fun of and boo'd etc.

Many people new to the campaign assume that we are going to be as shocked and surprised as they are- so they post it.

Maybe we need to put together a nice welcome to new people to the campaign covering these issues.

1) Handling Bad Press
2) Grassroots - HQ involvement limitations
3) Meetups and working with different types of people
4) What can I do?
5) Truthers and other controversial groups and their relationship to the campaign.
6) Where to get materials

This would let people quickly become a part of this, without weighing everyone else down.

john_anderson_ii
10-23-2007, 02:34 PM
To me it seems like a few people think they somehow know whats best for everyone else, like they are more qualified than thou or something. Its ironic, because that attitude just rocks the boat that others are trying to row.

My suggestion to boat rowers: Ignore the boat rockers. Put them on your ignore list. Its the rowers who are moving the campaign forward, and those who try to push their views and ideas on others should be ashamed of themselves for slowing things down.

No one knows what will help or what will hurt, but too few are willing to admit that, they'd rather pretend like they do know. So ignore the boat rockers and keep doing whatever it is that you do. Its brought us this far in spite of everything, it will bring us all the way if you just keep rowing.

KewlRonduderules
10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
What about another subforum category like- Member Debates, arguments, and other controversial stuff ?

:confused:

goldstandard
10-23-2007, 03:02 PM
What's really annoying is people commanding others how to spend their money or trying to sound as if they were part of the official campaign. Just yesterday I thought that these pro and con "Remember 5th Nov." threads were just there to stop any other activities on the forums.

*Wearing tinfoil hat*
http://www.funnypart.com/pictures/FunnyPart-com-dog_spy.jpg

Bryan
10-23-2007, 03:36 PM
The forum guidelines are suppose to be designed to deal with disruptive behavior. We don't get our rights here by being part of a group such as "you support Dr. Paul" while "you don't"- if behavior is disruptive it should be dealt with. :)

Petty infighting should be flagged and moved into Hot Topics and should basically be ignored if you prefer to focus that time to advancing the campaign.

There have been people who would just continue to argue for the sake of arguing and would bring up threads that were dead and attempt to bring em back alive just to create chaos or conflict.

:)
This person was banned.

I think the disrespect of paul is one of the first things people notice, how he gets made fun of and boo'd etc.

Many people new to the campaign assume that we are going to be as shocked and surprised as they are- so they post it.

Maybe we need to put together a nice welcome to new people to the campaign covering these issues.

1) Handling Bad Press
2) Grassroots - HQ involvement limitations
3) Meetups and working with different types of people
4) What can I do?
5) Truthers and other controversial groups and their relationship to the campaign.
6) Where to get materials

This would let people quickly become a part of this, without weighing everyone else down.
Check out what is in the "Start Here" forum and see what can be added- if something is refined we can add it there. :) Thanks!

What about another subforum category like- Member Debates, arguments, and other controversial stuff ?

:confused:
That's what Hot Topics is.

Proemio
10-23-2007, 03:55 PM

Needs repeating:
They want you to waste time and resources worrying about what they say, instead of using that time to go out in the real world spreading the message.

Sounds like a plan...

The place simply needs a good dose of reality and an even bigger dose of lighten-up; something like it used to be a month or so ago, before the small army of various Gatekeepers started getting in gear. It's a political forum, for heaven's sake. Gatekeepers, shills, disruptors, and other cuddly things, are a guaranteed 'benefit' the moment the door opens. The disruptors divert attention from the gatekeepers. They it works, because the naive and insecure will always support 'bearers of authority', and with growth there wil be more and more joiners who don't want to miss the party, but have no clue what the 'party' is all about - look around. With that come cliques and irrational behavior if left unchallenged.

Until about a month ago, I was amazed at how easily and effectively the "doers" handled the "talkers" in short order - it was a thing of intellectual beauty - and the revolution grew in leaps and bounds.

Good thing is, the energy still grows more than could have been expected on January 11th, thanks to all those fabulous, single-minded folks who are out there doing their thing without focus-group approval and bankrupt, useless, conventional electionering triangualtions. The latter is especially counterintuitive, because it is arrogant, phony and anathema to evrything that makes this phenomenum tick - and it's a sure way to lose the way into familiar banality.

Books could be written about this stuff. There was even a defining moment. But an ailing forum will not determine the outcome next year. The forum becomes either irrelevent or recovers to even greater beauty.

Bottom-line: I'm not worried about the eventual success of the revolution - the beast is toast...

BarryDonegan
10-23-2007, 04:16 PM
the reason this happens is because a. the things we complain about supporters doing, are the things we've always done ;)

b. we get new people en masse every day, who are angrier than the group before, and with good reason.

c. we have people with different political agendas who are trying to coexist as the groups get larger

d. we have an older support base who is getting a "ive been here longer than you so i can tell you newbies what to do" attitude.

if we just create a general rule that if you don't like something, speak louder and donate more. even if its internal in this movement.

this is a movement of the people, its a microcosm of the very government idea we are creating. we are a freedom movement, we can't restrict the actions of a decentralized group of people obsessed with the concept of freedom ;)

we aren't gonna win that way, we ARE gonna win by the MASSIVE amount more labor we can do than other campaigns, because we have the ingeniuty of freedom.

newmedia4ron
10-23-2007, 04:39 PM
THIS IS THE LAST POST ON THIS THREAD. UNPRODUCTIVE CHATTER ENDS HERE.

Let this baby sink.

(Don't try to be funny;))

BillyDkid
10-23-2007, 04:45 PM

:)Not to sound self congratulatory, but I warned about this some time back and got a little flack for it - which is fine. My only point being, please don't be distracted or discouraged by it. That is what they want. For my part, I will try to stay away from argument threads. If it's not generally positive and about our hope for the future and this country, I don't have time for it. We're doing good folks. Our candidate is gaining supporters every single day. America is awakening and all of us in here deserve some credit for it.

BillyDkid
10-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Not to sound self congratulatory, but I warned about this some time back and got a little flack for it - which is fine. My only point being, please don't be distracted or discouraged by it. That is what they want. For my part, I will try to stay away from argument threads. If it's not generally positive and about our hope for the future and this country, I don't have time for it. We're doing good folks. Our candidate is gaining supporters every single day. America is awakening and all of us in here deserve some credit for it. I have to add, I am not above complaining about treatment by the media and such. By positive I mean not just for us, but also against those that oppose us.