PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Deputy Attorney General tweets " use live ammunition" against demonstrators

WarDog
02-23-2011, 12:35 PM
On Saturday night, when Mother Jones staffers tweeted a report that riot police might soon sweep demonstrators out of the Wisconsin capitol building—something that didn't end up happening—one Twitter user sent out a chilling public response: "Use live ammunition."

From my own Twitter account, I confronted the user, JCCentCom. He tweeted back that the demonstrators were "political enemies" and "thugs" who were "physically threatening legally elected officials." In response to such behavior, he said, "You're damned right I advocate deadly force." He later called me a "typical leftist," adding, "liberals hate police."

Only later did we realize that JCCentCom was a deputy attorney general for the state of Indiana.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4744426

Walt Disney's logo is"Capturing your imagination" America was founded on MASONIC FREEMASONRY or Kabbala.Freemasonry is the founding of "America" Freemasons sought "A"merca or the western star
This means the Western Star Venus. Venus is the Red White & Blue star. The statute of LIBERTY is Their LIGHT BEARER COLUMBIA Shes their Goddess.Your Capital Building's are TEMPLES with each having a CORNER STONE from the FREEMASONS. They ORDAIN their CRAFT with WINE CORN & OIL. www.vigilantcitizen.com or www.freemantv.com (alternately "Kabbala"(h) or "Qabala

sailingaway
02-23-2011, 12:40 PM
At some point, you cross a line.

Michael Landon
02-23-2011, 12:41 PM
At some point, you cross a line.

That works on both sides. If they continue to protest peacefully then the use of force by the government is wrong, but once they cross the line and start being violent then the government can use force back.

- ML

NYgs23
02-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Right-wing oppression is just as oppressive as left-wing oppression. He's inciting violence against people exercising their right to peacefully assemble. He's right up their with Gaddafi and friends.

coastie
02-23-2011, 12:51 PM
That works on both sides. If they continue to protest peacefully then the use of force by the government is wrong, but once they cross the line and start being violent then the government can use force back.

- ML

RRRRRRRRRRRRight....but anyway, back on topic here.

This is appalling, and this mf'r should be being laughed at and ostracized at this moment for having tar and feathers all over him. Is it not illegal to incite violence like this??????

More importantly, IS IT NOT ILLEGAL FOR THE DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR THE STATE OF INDIANA TO BE SAYING THIS?

IS HE NOT THE SECOND IN CHARGE IN UPHOLDING JUSTICE IN HIS STATE???

Last time I checked, douchebag, the office you occupy is responsible for insuring justice is served. That means innocent till proven otherwise.

That means tried-THEN punished.

Oh, never mind, I keep forgetting it's 2011, and not 1776 when people actually would do something about these things.

FUCK

AFPVet
02-23-2011, 01:33 PM
He should not be advocating the use of deadly force on people. If attacked, you have the right to defend yourself, but you should never advocate use of force on people without provocation.

Maximus
02-23-2011, 01:35 PM
No union bill is worth shooting people over

erowe1
02-23-2011, 01:39 PM
He tweeted back that the demonstrators were "political enemies" and "thugs" who were "physically threatening legally elected officials."

Dear Deputy AG,

Please explain why you think it matters that somebody is a legally elected government official.

Thanks.

sailingaway
02-23-2011, 01:40 PM

- ML

I was speaking about inciting to violence as unprotected free speech. Given the guy's position this could be seen as advice rather than hyperbole. If it doesn't cross the line, it is at least in view of it.

Self defense is a separate issue.

ihsv
02-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Dear Deputy AG,

Please explain why you think it matters that somebody is a legally elected government official.

Thanks.

+rep

acptulsa
02-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Dear Deputy AG,

Thanks.

What a silly question.

Why, a legally elected public official can threaten and/or assault other people, but other people can't do the same to them. Just like when Nixon said, essentially, that the president of the U.S. is subject to absolutely no laws.

Of course, we all know Nixon died an awfully, awfully lonely man.

nobody's_hero
02-23-2011, 02:58 PM
I really wish we didn't have a standing army. Then the people would just have to argue amongst themselves.

I mean, it's much easier to have someone else do your fighting for you, than to step into the ring yourself. I'm not saying that crowds would not get so passionate as to not fight each other and turn violent, but if someone says, "hey, let's get the army to do the shooting!", most folks are not exactly going to say "no, we can't do that. I don't want the blood on their hands instead of mine."

On that note, my idea for peace in the Middle East is to have the members of the Israeli government and the leaders of [insert militant Palestinian group] thrown into a boxing ring and tell them that the fight will determine who wins and loses everything. I guarantee that you won't find anyone with the guts to stay in the ring before throwing a single punch.

But let them continue to recruit boxers to do the fighting for them, and it all becomes a sport.

ronpaulhawaii
02-23-2011, 04:02 PM
just got a report that he has been "let go"

Vessol
02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
God, this is now getting retarded on both sides.

erowe1
02-23-2011, 04:10 PM
just got a report that he has been "let go"

Yep.
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-jeffrey-cox-indiana-deputy-attorney-general-loses-job-over-tweet-20110223,0,4648882.story

UtahApocalypse
02-23-2011, 05:23 PM
another one:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/26969006/detail.html

A deputy in the Indiana Attorney General's Office is no longer employed by the state following online comments he made concerning protesters at the Wisconsin Legislature.

Michael Landon
02-23-2011, 05:31 PM
I was speaking about inciting to violence as unprotected free speech. Given the guy's position this could be seen as advice rather than hyperbole. If it doesn't cross the line, it is at least in view of it.

Self defense is a separate issue.

Agreed.

And I'm glad he was let go.

- ML

Anti Federalist
02-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Does it count as "anti government", gun nut, extremism, when you work for the government?

Mike4Freedom
02-23-2011, 08:29 PM
another one:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/26969006/detail.html

Now he will have to get a job in the private sector where he will actually have to work and be productive, good luck with that.

QueenB4Liberty
02-23-2011, 08:39 PM
I really wish we didn't have a standing army. Then the people would just have to argue amongst themselves.

I mean, it's much easier to have someone else do your fighting for you, than to step into the ring yourself. I'm not saying that crowds would not get so passionate as to not fight each other and turn violent, but if someone says, "hey, let's get the army to do the shooting!", most folks are not exactly going to say "no, we can't do that. I don't want the blood on their hands instead of mine."

On that note, my idea for peace in the Middle East is to have the members of the Israeli government and the leaders of [insert militant Palestinian group] thrown into a boxing ring and tell them that the fight will determine who wins and loses everything. I guarantee that you won't find anyone with the guts to stay in the ring before throwing a single punch.

But let them continue to recruit boxers to do the fighting for them, and it all becomes a sport.

Great points!!!

erowe1
02-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Here's another gem from the same guy:
http://www.examiner.com/la-county-libertarian-in-los-angeles/disgraced-ag-who-wanted-to-mow-down-protesters-likes-biden-better-than-ron-paul

"So am I the only one who thinks that, from the standpoint of whether he could step in and serve as POTUS adequately or better, Joe Biden is not a bad selection as Barack Obama's VPOTUS nominee? Yes, Biden is a vain, overconfident blowhard who loves to hear himself talk and whose talking gets him into trouble constantly..... But on defense and foreign policy, which are my primary concerns for a POTUS candidate and which are the primary responsibility for the federal government, Biden is not bad. Not bad at all.... Most of the Dem POTUS candidates this term would be disasters in the White House, Barack Obama included, from the standpoint of defense and foreign policy. Joseph Biden was never one of these people. And I suspect his performance ion defense and foreign policy issues would be better than some of the GOP candidates, specifically Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul. "

AFPVet
02-24-2011, 10:17 PM
I just heard today that he was fired over this.

Anti Federalist
02-25-2011, 08:32 PM
///