PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Ron Paul insists we listen to our Enemies

jjschless
06-10-2007, 12:43 PM
This is supposedly a message from the Iraqi Resistance - The Mujahideen Army - to the American citizen.

It is worth a moment of your time.

Whether you like hearing from the "Terrorists" or not, they make several good points.

YouTube Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccMuRyBnTIs)

I did not post it.

Give me liberty
06-10-2007, 12:49 PM
I dont trust that video.
and i will never do.

The Mujahideen army can not be trused.

There are many good reasons why we cant not trust them.

legion
06-10-2007, 12:57 PM
this is an old video from around the time of the 2004 election

amonasro
06-10-2007, 01:01 PM
nice video. it gives a different perspective on the war... looks like Americans are waking up to what they knew all along.

jjschless
06-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Yes it is an old video.

As far as trusting it.

Well, No it is propaganda like anything else. But I would like to know what is really going on with the contractor mercenaries. Blackwater and the bunch has had no accountability. These green card soldier deaths and the like should published.

If our money is going to pay for these mercs than the people should have some knowledge.

mesler
06-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Who knows who created it? Could be a huge movement of thousands, or could be a few people.

I will say though, some points have been made that are interesting. For example, not reporting mercenary deaths. Interesting indeed.

CJLauderdale4
06-10-2007, 01:31 PM
When Ron talks about listening to our enemies, he means that we need to consider the motivations, culture, and reactions of the enemy. And of course, blowback from our own actions.

We could talk all day of what the motivations are of Al-Qaeda or Iran (i.e. radical interpretations of Islam, power grab in the Middle East, etc.), but the point is that when they talk, we need to decipher what the message or propaganda means.

It appears that the current ideology of "pre-emption" tempts our leaders, and now even America, to simply write-off any message that so-called "terrorists" record and send. This is the temptation that we need to be careful of catering to. Events like 9/11 anger us, and it rightly should. But reactions from anger and in haste to avenge end up like Iraq.

One more thing I've noticed:
- Democrats domestic polcy - "Our intent is to give unconditional welfare and public eduation is good, thus the programs are fine. We don't need accountability, just throw more money at it."
- Republicans foreign policy - "Our intent to spread democracy and liberate persecuted people is good, thus our invasion is fine. We don't need accountability, just throw more money at it."

Sounds very similar...
This is where Ron Paul shakes the system, bringing a new message!!

mrapathy
06-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Economist Ludwig von Mises identified three features of government intervention in the domestic economy: (1) unintended consequences, (2) negative consequences from the policymakers' standpoint, and (3) proliferation of new interventions as correctives for past interventions. The same applies in foreign policy. All foreign policies bring results not intended by those who author the policies. And some of those results are regretted by the policymakers. Further, the undesirable consequences are frequently grounds for further intervention.

Broadlighter
06-11-2007, 04:08 AM
I thought the video was somewhat contrived. It almost sounds like the terrorists endorsing Ron Paul.

jjschless
06-11-2007, 08:27 PM
It definitely has a well produced feel. The speaker must be or have been educated in a western society. His accent is very mild.

Bryan
06-11-2007, 10:46 PM
One more thing I've noticed:
- Democrats domestic polcy - "Our intent is to give unconditional welfare and public eduation is good, thus the programs are fine. We don't need accountability, just throw more money at it."
- Republicans foreign policy - "Our intent to spread democracy and liberate persecuted people is good, thus our invasion is fine. We don't need accountability, just throw more money at it."

Nicely put!

Bryan
06-11-2007, 10:48 PM
It almost sounds like the terrorists endorsing Ron Paul.
Well, it's reported this was made in '04... :o