PDA

View Full Version : Is bombing online polls really helping?

barcop
10-23-2007, 01:32 PM
To be honest... I don't think it really helps anymore. It doesn't make the campaign look anymore legit. Is it time to stop worrying about if we are number one in a online poll that doesn't have anything to do with real voters in the offline world?

I don't know... does the positive out weigh the negative?

What are your views?

htt p://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/10/poll_whos_the_conservative_gop.php

NOTE: Websites supporting the following candidates linked directly to our homepage during the roughly 24-hour period this poll was active, encouraging their supporters to vote in the poll: Ron Paul (1,116 referrals), Mike Huckabee (154), Fred Thompson (151), Duncan Hunter (29). In addition, numerous blogs apparently did the same, although we were unable to determine their affiliation. One particular website -- RonPaulForums.com -- carried the message: "time to pwn a poll at a christian right's newsite" and directed supporters to the poll. "Pwn" -- a misspelling of "own" -- is a term originating from the gaming world, meaning basically "to take unauthorized control of."

DaronWestbrooke
10-23-2007, 01:34 PM
You have to fight the media machine somehow. This isn't business as usual, this is a rEVOLution! If it wasn't for bombing, we wouldn't have 1/10th the media attention we do. One or two may accuse us, but tens of thousands will hear the message because of it. If you want to run a business as usual campaign, fine, but get used to losing and always being under the thumb of the powers that be.

Noog
10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
It get's his name out there and it keep us motivated. People have to remember to post the links through an anomymizer, though.

nbhadja
10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
It helps as people will be more inclined to research a candidate if they see he has finished number 1, even if the biased media calls it a scam. They will think "why are these "spammers" so crazy about Ron Paul?" and most likely google Ron Paul.

quickmike
10-23-2007, 01:36 PM
No, it doesnt help at all.

What would be better is for everyone that belongs to this forum get some slim jims and hand them out to people in the real world for some real votes.

gaming online polls, or even winning them fairly doesnt translate to real supporters and votes in the real world.

The online world is already fully aware of Ron Paul, its the offline world who doesnt know about him.

DaronWestbrooke
10-23-2007, 01:37 PM
It helps as people will be more inclined to research a candidate if they see he has finished number 1, even if the biased media calls it a scam. They will think "why are these "spammers" so crazy about Ron Paul?" and most likely google Ron Paul.

Good way to put it. I doubt very few people will see the articles about 'spamming' but how many will see Paul climbing in the polls.

terlinguatx

barcop
You have to fight the media machine somehow. This isn't business as usual, this is a rEVOLution! If it wasn't for bombing, we wouldn't have 1/10th the media attention we do. One or two may accuse us, but tens of thousands will hear the message because of it. If you want to run a business as usual campaign, fine, but get used to losing and always being under the thumb of the powers that be.

Oh I have no doubt that it is what has propelled the campaign to where it is. I think it was a absolute necessary to get Ron Pauls name out online.

I guess I'm just asking is it still as important as it was? I still vote in all the online polls :D

DaronWestbrooke
10-23-2007, 01:40 PM
I guess I'm just asking is it still as important as it was? I still vote in all the online polls :D

Yes, because as soon as we let up, you know they will say support is falling and make it look like the campaign is collapsing.

hard@work
10-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Nobody is "bombing" polls. We are simply winning by overwhelming numbers. There is no organized movement, there is merely an overwhelming amount of people online who are more informed and therefore more passionate than those offline.

bulloncoins
10-23-2007, 01:42 PM
It is still support shown by a grassroots network.....

They can spin it anyway they want to. If Fred or Rudy had as many people at their sites to be "directed" toward the same polls, they would direct them and the votes would reflect their support just like our votes do.

They just don't have the support. Large corprations may donate big bucks to campaigns, but they don't vote in internet polls, they don't hand out slim jims, and they don't do blockwalks.

r3volution
10-23-2007, 01:43 PM
does not matter , we own the INTERNETs and will do with it what we please .

KewlRonduderules
10-23-2007, 01:43 PM
The reality- Ron Paul is Master of the Internet Universe. That is established fact. Even the media conceeds this.

No harm in voting for our favorite candidate.

American
10-23-2007, 01:44 PM
We need complete supremacy with these online polls, if they falter now then they will get noticed. Besides if its not a big deal, then why is it a big deal?

Ya feel me here? ;)

terlinguatx
10-23-2007, 01:44 PM

Pauliana
10-23-2007, 01:46 PM
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they attack you, then you win.

We are right on schedule. They've stopped laughing now. :)

We can't really quit now, can we?

barcop
10-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Yes, because as soon as we let up, you know they will say support is falling and make it look like the campaign is collapsing.

I see your point. They would definantly put that spin on it.

erowe1
10-23-2007, 02:05 PM
"Is bombing online polls really helping?"
No.

robatsu
10-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Defend the turf/base that we own and always be striving to capture more. Nothing the matter with people voting in online polls, certainly doesn't take a lot of time, sort of amusing, actually. At worst, it is a harmless activity that is a morale/team builder, imo.

FrankRep
10-23-2007, 02:10 PM
We're not cheating. What's the problem?

Grandson of Liberty
10-23-2007, 02:12 PM
We're not cheating. What's the problem?

Unfortunately, some here ARE cheating. :(

FrankRep
10-23-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm only voting once.

DaronWestbrooke
10-23-2007, 02:17 PM

This isn't a game, this is a rEVOLution! Cheating is for checkers, a rEVOLution is doing about whatever is necessary for victory.

schmeisser
10-23-2007, 02:22 PM
I think the major polls and especially the Fox text polls are fair game. Hannity's reactions to the polls were the biggest contributor to me getting more involved and texting my votes. People are sitting home and doing the faulty math, thinking wow FOX has "millions of viewers" (according to them), this can't be just a handful of people skewing such a LARGE audience - what don't I know about this Ron Paul guy? Since FOX isn't making a logical honest attempt to qualify the poll results (give raw numbers), then they play into our hands.

I like to believe that once you get someone to actually read about RP, that we can actually make a logical argument on why he is the best candidate.

Grandson of Liberty
10-23-2007, 02:33 PM
This isn't a game, this is a rEVOLution! Cheating is for checkers, a rEVOLution is doing about whatever is necessary for victory.

I'm not sure how spamming a poll produces victory, but whatever. Personally I think it produces more blowback than it does benefit.