PDA

View Full Version : Police arrest 11 year old for 'inappropriate' stick figure drawing. Poll included.

sailingaway
02-22-2011, 08:16 PM
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-arvada-police-arrest-11yearold-over-inappropriate-stick-figure-drawing-20110221,0,7099823.story

h/t drudge

specsaregood
02-22-2011, 08:23 PM
But his parents say it has cost them thousands of dollars so far. And if they had known that their son’s cooperation would be used as evidence against him, they would have hired a lawyer at the beginning and exercised his right to remain silent

Well at least they learned something from this.

Anti Federalist
02-22-2011, 08:25 PM
From the article:

And if they had known that their son’s cooperation would be used as evidence against him, they would have hired a lawyer at the beginning and exercised his right to remain silent.

Holy Jesus Weeping Christ on the cross, what the fuck is it going to take???!!!

DO NOT TALK TO COPS!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Anti Federalist
02-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Well at least they learned something from this.

Beat me to it because I had to go get "the video".

specsaregood
02-22-2011, 08:27 PM
Beat me to it because I had to go get "the video".

Yes, well I figured you were hunting it down already, so I skipped that step. :)

Anti Federalist
02-22-2011, 08:27 PM
Oh, and I'm sure this will do wonders for this kid's "anger issues".

Batman
02-22-2011, 08:28 PM
It's obscene what cops are capable of.

specsaregood
02-22-2011, 08:29 PM

At least he has learned to keep his murderous thoughts to himself next time, lest he spook his future victims.

aGameOfThrones
02-22-2011, 08:31 PM
The kid should play GTA4 instead of drawing, kill some hookers instead.

/S

Danke
02-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Let me guess, government school? He sure did get a schooling.

Anti Federalist
02-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Let me guess, government school? He sure did get a schooling.

No kidding, no shit, no foolin'.

Anti Federalist
02-22-2011, 09:43 PM
///

Freedom 4 all
02-22-2011, 09:48 PM
What the hell are they even charging him with? How is it a "threat" if it's not even presented to anyone?

aGameOfThrones
02-22-2011, 09:55 PM
What the hell are they even charging him with? How is it a "threat" if it's not even presented to anyone?

Looking at the drawing, I have a mind to call it art. Contemporary art, of course.

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-22-2011, 09:55 PM
I don't know why y'all are bitching about this. I for one feel safer that our brave men in blue have taken that punk down a notch. Beat his ass I say for having the temerity to draw violent pictures! I mean it was OBVIOUS that his teachers felt threatened and that the Cops had to respond! How dare you question Protect and Serve! God Bless America!

Inb4 the boot-lickers.....

Batman
02-22-2011, 09:56 PM
I used to make disturbing things in comics all the time when I was his age.

mac_hine
02-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Parents: Do NOT Trust the Police! http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/79160.html#more-79160

“Tim,” an 11-year-old child in Arvada, Colorado, was abducted from his home at gunpoint. The perpetrators of this violent criminal act insist that it was justified by the fact that the youngster, who is under the dubious care of a “therapist” for a purported affliction called “Attention Deficit Disorder,” drew a picture of himself holding a gun and making a threat against an “authority figure.”

Collectivist “logic” dictates that it is a “crime” for a private individual to create an artistic depiction of a violent threat, but that armed state functionaries who seize a harmless child from his parents while tacitly threatening to kill anyone who objects are acting in the child’s “best interests.”

Last October, reports Denver Fox affiliate KDVR, Tim “drew stick figures of himself with a gun, pointed at four other stick figures with the words `Teacher must die.’” Tim, who was told by a therapist “to draw pictures when he got upset, rather than disrupt the class,” was “throwing the picture away when the teacher saw it and sent him to the principal’s office.” School administrators, who were aware that Tim was in “treatment” and that he had no record of violent or troublesome behavior, decided he wasn’t a threat and sent him back to class.

Unfortunately, albeit predictably, the school contacted the Arvada Police Department, which insisted that the budding Thought Criminal must be subjected to official correction. Accordingly, the youngster’s mother, “Jane,” received a visit from the police that evening. Jane made the tragic and common mistake of assuming the best, rather than the worst, about the State’s armed emissaries. So rather than telling the predators to get a warrant and then spiriting her child to safety, she allowed them to defile her home, and instructed her son to cooperate. As a result, she saw her innocent son handcuffed and hauled away in a patrol car. Tim was put in a cell, handcuffed, and charged with “interfering with staff and students at an educational facility,” a third-degree misdemeanor.

Anti Federalist
02-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school
We have tortured all the teachers – we have broken all the rules
We cheated [principal's name] in a dirty game of pool
And our troops go marching on!
Glory, glory, hallelujah
My teacher hit me with a ruler
I hid behind her door with a loaded .44
And the teacher don’t teach no more!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Burning_of_the_School

Dreamofunity
02-22-2011, 10:26 PM

Yeah, instead of "teachers" he's going to be making pictures with "police" soon.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-22-2011, 10:33 PM
I ought not post in these threads because 1) I don't have anything good to say 2) anything I did say would be construed as domestic terrorism and 3) I might offend peoples sensibilities.

Anti Federalist
02-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Bullying
Posted by Lew Rockwell on February 23, 2011 10:11 AM

Just as in prisons, bullying in public schools is a method of controlling the inmates. Here a teacher got other boys to beat up a kindergarten student. Yesterday I blogged about teachers and officials bullying a 15-year-old boy into suicide (no media outrage, of course). I also think that at least some of the people who become public school guards and wardens enjoy exercising power over the defenseless. It is, after all, government, which attracts such types.

BTW, parents, though you are socialized otherwise, in any confrontation between your child and public-school payrollers, always believe your child, always stick up for your child, never believe the government. It is devastating for a child to have his father and mother side with his oppressors.

LibForestPaul
02-23-2011, 07:57 PM
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-arvada-police-arrest-11yearold-over-inappropriate-stick-figure-drawing-20110221,0,7099823.story

h/t drudge

Which cmdr/chief ordered the arrest?
Where did this "request" originate from?

Sola_Fide
02-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Bullying
Posted by Lew Rockwell on February 23, 2011 10:11 AM

Just as in prisons, bullying in public schools is a method of controlling the inmates. Here a teacher got other boys to beat up a kindergarten student. Yesterday I blogged about teachers and officials bullying a 15-year-old boy into suicide (no media outrage, of course). I also think that at least some of the people who become public school guards and wardens enjoy exercising power over the defenseless. It is, after all, government, which attracts such types.

BTW, parents, though you are socialized otherwise, in any confrontation between your child and public-school payrollers, always believe your child, always stick up for your child, never believe the government. It is devastating for a child to have his father and mother side with his oppressors.

Lew is right.

Anti Federalist
02-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Anything you say to an "officer", be it local, state, federal, if you are talking any government "officer",

your words can and will be used against you

bump.

Yieu
02-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Thought Crime.