PDA

View Full Version : MASS "Thank You" Flower Shower to The Tonight Show

Stormy
10-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Please send to all your Meetups and Contacts:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RSVP Here: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1131/calendar/6603404

As a demonstration of our appreciation to Jay Leno and The Tonight Show, The Ron Paul Creative Force Meetup would like to announce:
The Tonight Show "Thank You!" Flower Shower!

Motion Pictures Flowers in Burbank, CA has offered a special deal for Ron Paul supporters for Oct 30, for delivery to the Tonight Show Studios:

$25. Star Spangled Roses in Vase: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1131/photos/237707
$15. Hip Hip Hooray "Thank You" Balloon Bouquet: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1131/photos/237707/2401628/
$10. Mixed Flowers "Fireworks" Bouquet: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1131/photos/237707/2401628/
(Plus Tax)

Other selections are also available at regular price:
http://www.motionpictureflowers.com/category.asp?rcid=98969

ALL PHONE ORDERS going to the Tonight Show Studios on Oct 30 will have FREE DELIVERY!
Toll Free Unavailable right now.
818-845-1717 (Local)

(Free delivery is NOT available for online ordering. Phone orders only!)
Order Deadline: 4 PM Eastern/1 PM Pacific, Oct. 30
Please add your name or the name of your Meetup Group, and your location to your Thank You note.

Remember, this event is for THANK YOU purposes only...not for sending campaign information or venting gripes to the media. All messages to The Tonight Show need to be polite and positive.

We want to bombard The Tonight Show Studios with a HUGE shower of balloons and flowers. This is our chance to show The Tonight Show, along with millions of viewers, the integrity of Ron Paul and his supporters.

CALL IN YOUR ORDER TODAY!
818-845-1717

Email Thank You:

We are also asking that everyone, especially those who can not participate in the Flower Shower, to email The Tonight Show and thank them for hosting Ron Paul:

tonightshowfeedback@nbcuni.com

Snail Mail Thank You Card:

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
3000 W. Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

SPREAD THE WORD!

J4ck
10-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Great idea!

jorger
10-23-2007, 01:59 PM
This will get press...

Tonight Show 10/30 line up:
Actor Tom Cruise; presidential candidate Ron Paul (R); Sex Pistols perform.

Stormy
10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
I also forgot to suggest that people email, or even send flowers to their local NBC Affiliate! Also, send flowers to the popular entertainment reporters in your town, no matter what station they are on.

Stormy
Ron Paul Creative Force

Gammerus
10-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Brilliant. I'm sure if they get a bunch they will mention it on air, or at least make it known to other TV stations that we are not pure evil.

rs3515
10-23-2007, 03:23 PM
I also forgot to suggest that people email, or even send flowers to their local NBC Affiliate! Also, send flowers to the popular entertainment reporters in your town, no matter what station they are on.

Stormy
Ron Paul Creative Force

Awesome! Fantastic idea ... definitely keep them coming and everyone please participate in this!

McDermit
10-23-2007, 04:54 PM
you people are taking the flower thing way too far. No wonder we're painted as a bunch of kooks. I get the impression that some of you have no concept of what "normal" even is. Moderation is key. You don't have to be fanatical and take EVERYTHING to extremes.

NO ONE wants to be bombarded with balloons and flowers. No one. One bouquet is nice. Two is more than enough. Three is over the top, and any more is just ridiculous. Get one nice - not ugly or insanely expensive - floral arrangement, a cut fruit "edible arrangement," chocolate covered berries, or something similar and/or a baked goods basket. Either something universally accepted like mrs fields or harry and davids or a well known local place. And that's it. Thank you emails are fine, since they aren't so invasive, but a barrage of flowers is going to make us all look insane.

rs3515
10-23-2007, 05:06 PM
you people are taking the flower thing way too far. No wonder we're painted as a bunch of kooks. I get the impression that some of you have no concept of what "normal" even is. Moderation is key. You don't have to be fanatical and take EVERYTHING to extremes.

One thing to consider is different things appeal to different people. For example, the November 5th stuff doesn't at all work for me, nor does the use of terms like "money bombs". Also I think voting multiple times on online polls is ridiculous and a waste of time. For some, flowers resonate ... and I bet dollars to donuts that a large amount of the 51% of the population made up by women would find it far more interesting than "V for Vendetta".

However, I'm also open to discussion and understand people's points of view. I know you posted a note here, but I'd suggest writing to Stormy directly since she was noted as a "new member" and might not be checking on the forums. She's part of the new Creative Meetup Group.

1000-points-of-fright
10-23-2007, 05:30 PM

NO ONE wants to be bombarded with balloons and flowers. No one. One bouquet is nice. Two is more than enough. Three is over the top, and any more is just ridiculous. Get one nice - not ugly or insanely expensive - floral arrangement, a cut fruit "edible arrangement," chocolate covered berries, or something similar and/or a baked goods basket. Either something universally accepted like mrs fields or harry and davids or a well known local place. And that's it. Thank you emails are fine, since they aren't so invasive, but a barrage of flowers is going to make us all look insane.

I agree. These people have a business to run. A show of appreciation is nice but at a certain point it begins to hinder their ability to do their jobs. Plus, it looks obsessive and annoying.

Besides, NBC is not having RP on out of kindness. It's all about their ratings.

rs3515
10-23-2007, 05:33 PM
I agree. These people have a business to run. A show of appreciation is nice but at a certain point it begins to hinder their ability to do their jobs. Plus, it looks obsessive and annoying.

Besides, NBC is not having RP on out of kindness. It's all about their ratings.

As I said, contact Stormy directly at the beginning of this post. There's a good chance she has no idea about the comments on the forums since she's a new member.

Ridiculous
10-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Like I said in the other thread for this, if they get a truckload of flowers it might be more of an annoyance than anything else. A couple of bouquets might be good but if they get a ton they might go straight to the dumpster because of lack of space and lack time to handle them.

Plus, not that their is anything wrong with a little capitalism in action, but be aware that this is someone trying to profit off of Paul's appearance.

rs3515
10-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Can all of you please get together and email Stormy directly (beginning of this post via Meetup)?? She's off and running on this and given she's a new member, not sure she is checking these forums at all.

Stormy
10-23-2007, 05:43 PM
The reason we're doing this is to make a big impact. Not just on Leno, but also his staff. At the end of the day, Leno's not going to drag all those flowers and balloons home to his mansion. It's about creating a buzz!

But, this is not the most important thing we have going in this campaign. I'm not encouraging folks to do this and forget about their local meetup efforts. There are way more important things to do for the campaign. However, thinking of new ways to reach people is what my group is all about. Please, come on over and share any ideas you have to get people involved.

Stormy

Stormy
10-23-2007, 05:52 PM
I'll accept your opinions on the meetup, but I don't appreciate you implying that I'm making money off Ron Paul's appearance. I live in Keller, TX, and the florist is in Burbank, CA.

The orders go directly to her, and I get nothing. ZERO. The "DEAL" she worked out for us is so that people don't have to spend $30 or $40 on an order. I don't get a kickback...she get's less profit.

1000-points-of-fright
10-23-2007, 06:07 PM
I'll accept your opinions on the meetup, but I don't appreciate you implying that I'm making money off Ron Paul's appearance.

Not you. NBC profits from Ron Paul's appearance.

rs3515
10-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Not you. NBC profits from Ron Paul's appearance.

Um yes NBC does profit somewhat ... but come on, Ron Paul gains much, MUCH more "profit" from this than NBC does. Whether or not Dr. Paul is present, NBC Universal is still going to make the same money from the ad slots. Let's be smart about this.

Stormy
10-23-2007, 06:25 PM
ok. I got it now. :o

True, but isn't it always about profit.
FoxNews and CNN don't host Presidential Debates because they care about "the process".

Does anyone know how to find out ratings after a show? It would be interesting to look at the numbers after each of the Candidates is a guest on Leno.

Stormy
10-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Stormy, do you have any affiliation to the flower shop?

Why don't you call there and ask them?

And after that, contact some of the local LA meetups and ask some of the organizers if they were asked recently to suggest a local flower shop!

mannycp
10-23-2007, 06:35 PM
I like the idea, i guess this question is for Stormy or people who do like this idea.
About how many flowers have been sent already?
I'm really thinking of sending some.

Stormy
10-23-2007, 06:44 PM
The last report I got was 25. The shop is open until 7 PM Pacific Time.

Thanks!

mannycp
10-23-2007, 06:44 PM

rs3515
10-23-2007, 07:08 PM

I think the idea is to send them on the 30th, the day Ron Paul is scheduled to be on the show. I could be wrong, but this is the impression I got from the original post.

jgmaynard
10-23-2007, 07:12 PM
The person doing the least time-sensitive work.

JM

rs3515
10-23-2007, 07:21 PM
The person doing the least time-sensitive work.

JM

Having spent time around a few studios, my guess is the security guard. However those guys usually love delivering in the flowers ... brightens them up rather than sitting behind the desk all day! Although I'm sure a few Republicans would say we're jeopardizing national security by doing so. ;)

Politicallore
10-23-2007, 07:55 PM
I think leno would appreciate this as a joke, and may even mention it on the air...

jorger
10-23-2007, 09:05 PM
i think it is a great idea, not desperate at all.
many people have been emailing the show for months.
the folks in the area are trying to get tickets to the show, some are trying to have a rally.

with Tom Cruise on the show that day, I hope this becomes like the Bill Maher moment; "with Ben Affleck here, they are screaming for Ron Paul"

I've donated to the campaign and I'm sending flowers. =)

Primbs
10-23-2007, 10:53 PM
There was a flower publicity routine done in New York city a year or two ago for the John Ramos show. Every other block in downtown Manhattan had two people with a large ten foot sign and free flowers to hand out.

Everybody was walking around with free flowers. People love freebies.

It was so unusual that it got my attention. Every fifth person was holding flowers.

So it might work.

Ozwest
10-24-2007, 06:05 AM
If you don't like the idea of sending flowers, you are entitled to your opinion. Why don't you just move on to another project that interests you and donate to that cause? Or start your own idea... If others want to send flowers, allow them to do so. Does sending flowers justify all this drama? Geeeez!

Bryan
10-24-2007, 08:04 AM
If you don't like the idea of sending flowers, you are entitled to your opinion. Why don't you just move on to another project that interests you and donate to that cause? Or start your own idea... If others want to send flowers, allow them to do so. Does sending flowers justify all this drama? Geeeez!
Exactly, the excessive negative posts have been deleted- they violate the forum guidelines. One opinion post is fine but please review the guidelines here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22