PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand (compromising pro-life -- but not pro-war -- principles to win)

bbachtung
10-23-2007, 01:22 PM
After watching the last Fox "debate," and seeing all of those rank-and-file Orlando Republicans talk about supporting Giuliani because "we need to beat Hillary," regardless of his position on abortion, it occurred to me (I'm a bit slow) that these so-called pro-lifers are willing to sacrifice their beliefs regarding abortion in order to "win" but won't support a candidate (Ron Paul) who wants to end an undeclared war in a country that didn't attack us because it would somehow be immoral or dishonorable.

So, those Republicans who want to "win" by sacrificing their priniciples think that continuing the war in Iraq is more important than winning the general election but that the abortion issue is less important than winning the general election.

Regardless of your personal views on abortion, federalism, and the pro-life movement, this seems just a touch out-of-whack, doesn't it?

1000-points-of-fright
10-23-2007, 03:20 PM
It's self preservation. Dead babies can't blow you up. Live Muslims can. Therefore, killing Muslims trumps saving babies.

bbachtung
10-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Has anyone here attempted to point this out to any pro-lifers who happen to support the war and Giuliani?

thehittgirl
10-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Has anyone here attempted to point this out to any pro-lifers who happen to support the war and Giuliani?

I don't know if they necessary support Giuliani, but they are prowar, prolife, and not for Ron Paul. They've made it clear. I've argued with them that you cannot be prolife AND prowar. Stubborn, stubborn :mad:

beerista
10-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Dead babies can't blow you up.

Oh I don't know, I saw this movie once...

Corydoras
10-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Most pro-lifers are not nearly as committed to the anti-abortion fight as the press and their leaders make them out to be.

TVMH
10-23-2007, 09:44 PM
It's self preservation. Dead babies can't blow you up. Live Muslims can. Therefore, killing Muslims trumps saving babies.

By this logic, wouldn't the old slogan "WWJD" would be replaced with "WWJB" (Who Would Jesus Bomb?).

I know, I know...that was bad. :p

nike
10-27-2007, 11:26 PM

Pro lifers have always been a contradiction.