PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore bows out of the Iowa straw poll

Bradley in DC
06-10-2007, 12:39 PM
of the Iowa straw poll

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070609/NEWS09/706090351/-1/caucusheadlines

all the more reason for us to make a strong push

CJLauderdale4
06-10-2007, 01:11 PM
I think this is critical for Ron Paul and Tancredo. If the Republican Party decides to continue to execute this straw poll, it could determine who the people (in Iowa at least) feel is the top contender of the supposed second-tier candidates.

If Ron Paul can do well in the Iowa Straw Poll, it forces the RNC to consider Ron Paul as "legitimate", no matter how much the mainstream media writes-off the poll.

Put it this way, if the RNC holds the poll, MSM has no choice but to cover it. They are forced to show results, cover the candidates, etc. This is something that the MSM doesn't want to do - discuss or give the second-teir candidates any air time at all. Especially, Ron Paul and his polarizing differences between himself and Rudy McRomney.

james1906
06-10-2007, 01:21 PM
t thompson's dead in the water if he's considering pulling out of this, considering he's from a neighboring state.

brownback, being from kansas, might be the guy to beat in this. from the article, the poll looks like it's tancredo's last stand. i don't expect romney to do well. huckabee could be a factor and could split votes with brownback, giving paul the win.

f thompson could get some write-in votes, simply because the media salivates over him just slightly less than paris hilton.

RJB
06-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Is there anyway for us to get the message out in Iowa and N.H. besides just donating? By the time I get to vote i the primaries it's too late. Since we can't vote there, how can we influence Iowa and New Hampshire? That's where the revolution must happen.

Bradley in DC
06-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Is there anyway for us to get the message out in Iowa and N.H. besides just donating? By the time I get to vote i the primaries it's too late. Since we can't vote there, how can we influence Iowa and New Hampshire? That's where the revolution must happen.

Anyone interested in helping out with the straw poll should contact Jason Stoddard at 512.925.0921 or at stoddard.jason@gmail.com. While the new Iowa state coordinator for the campaign will be running the show, several voluteers from different places have come together to organize and assist the campaign with this one endeavor

james1906
06-10-2007, 01:35 PM
i wonder who gilmore will get behind. i went to his website and watched his video which was pretty much him saying he's a true conservative and said why the big 3 aren't. i could still see him getting behind one of them though.

i'm surprised how support is nonexistent for him, simply based on the fact he was governor of one of the most populous states.

Bradley in DC
06-10-2007, 01:40 PM
i wonder who gilmore will get behind. i went to his website and watched his video which was pretty much him saying he's a true conservative and said why the big 3 aren't. i could still see him getting behind one of them though.

i'm surprised how support is nonexistent for him, simply based on the fact he was governor of one of the most populous states.

He's either going to run for Senate to take Warner's seat if he retires (there is a lot of such speculation) or for governor again. I'm not sure a presidential endorsement carries much weight outside of Virginia (where he is well known and well liked).