PDA

View Full Version : POLL - Ron Paul MoneyBomb Frequency?

ronpaulhawaii
02-22-2011, 04:18 PM
- lol shemm

Simple question from this thread http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?280826-MoneyBomb!!!-Analysis-and-Discussion-for-2012

How often do you think we should have a MB for RP?

muzzled dogg
02-22-2011, 04:19 PM
HOLDDDDDDD

for poll

ItsTime
02-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Early in each quarter.

nayjevin
02-22-2011, 04:39 PM
money blast bump

JoshLowry
02-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Early in each quarter.

+rep

CaseyJones
02-22-2011, 04:56 PM
quarterly

CaseyJones
02-22-2011, 05:35 PM
bump for votes

ForLibertyFight
02-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Early in each quarter :]

truthsaga
02-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Quarterly. Unless, Dr. Paul is in need of funds, then I would participate in a "Call to Arms" type money bomb, to supply him the funds needed.

QueenB4Liberty
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
quarterly.

pacelli
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
DEFINITELY early in each quarter, with most that are able to do so MAX OUT early in first quarter. As the campaign wears on & they are able to spend that money on ads, new people will join the grassroots and be able to support the 3 other quarterly money bombs. I'd go so far as to say the dates don't have to have any historical significance.

Quarterly money bombs are what need to happen to keep Ron's campaign funded WHEN THEY NEED IT, and to keep the grassroots focused on marketing Ron's campaign, rather than marketing weekly money bombs.

Austin
02-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Somewhere between Quarterly and Monthly... I voted Quarterly. But don't forget that our two biggest moneybombs were 1 month a part, and there was another small moneybomb in between those two.

Eric21ND
02-22-2011, 06:24 PM
We could definitely do more than one quarterly.

Nov 5th and Dec 16th were only 40 days apart and they were massive.

american.swan
02-22-2011, 06:39 PM
I voted for quarterly. I think the beginning of a quarter is the best.

We can plan the bombs now for the whole 2012 run almost. Think about when Ron's going to need funds? Media blitz before primaries! Radio ads! TV commercials in expensive markets! Super Tuesday is expensive. We should have a Super Tuesday funding bomb a month before it, named anything.

ronpaulhawaii
02-22-2011, 06:39 PM
We could definitely do more than one quarterly.

Nov 5th and Dec 16th were only 40 days apart and they were massive.

I think we need to keep in mind that there will be other candidates and projects... One bomb a quarter for RP seems like it could allow for a good mix, with the main dates set in advance for others to plan around...

libertybrewcity
02-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Quarterly is probably the best bet, but we might have other candidates to support, so I would go with 3 per year for RP.

Thomas
02-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Rand did monthly

pacelli
02-22-2011, 07:35 PM
I think we need to keep in mind that there will be other candidates and projects... One bomb a quarter for RP seems like it could allow for a good mix, with the main dates set in advance for others to plan around...

I agree. Plus, if "a little bird" lets the campaign know the dates of the moneybombs well in advance, the campaign might be able to help us with the marketing of those money bombs. And, the campaign will be able to plan their budget because they will have a guaranteed set of dates that funds will come in. This doesn't prevent anyone from donating whenever they like, it just provides the campaign with some security, and the grass roots with some sanity.

Maximus
02-22-2011, 08:01 PM
I would have voted for every other month if it was an option.

Eric21ND
02-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Ugh other candidates are such a drag on time and resources, not to mention most are not even viable. There's a lot of coal to sift through to find those diamonds in the rough. For every Rand we have 10 BJ Lawson/Peter Schiff money pit campaigns...sigh.

I do like grassroot project bombs (especially in an early primary state).

Eric21ND
02-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Another argument against the quarterly money bombs is that two of our most important money bomb dates that have history and significance to all Ron Paul supporters are in November and December. Those need to be promoted again and would be easy to do. They are the no-brainer money bomb dates we need to ressurect in 2011.

If we fail to do so we'll be missing out on some major cash.

ronpaulhawaii
02-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Quarterly is probably the best bet, but we might have other candidates to support, so I would go with 3 per year for RP.

How odd :p

I would have voted for every other month if it was an option.

Nothing is written in stone... an interesting thought... as is LBC's 3 per year

Ugh other candidates are such a drag on time and resources, not to mention most are not even viable. There's a lot of coal to sift through to find those diamonds in the rough. For every Rand we have 10 BJ Lawson/Peter Schiff money pit campaigns...sigh.

I do like grassroot project bombs (especially in an early primary state).

I don't agree that losing an election equals time/money down the drain. I also think we should stay at the forefront of providing a "home" for candidates, as we have. That will mean helping in fundraising. Bottom line is that I don't see us being able to avoid "other" efforts and hope by providing a structure for the Main Events we can avoid a bit of the secondary confusion...

Another argument against the quarterly money bombs is that two of our most important money bomb dates that have history and significance to all Ron Paul supporters are in November and December. Those need to be promoted again and would be easy to do. They are the no-brainer money bomb dates we need to ressurect in 2011.

If we fail to do so we'll be missing out on some major cash.

Good Points. An argument could be made for dropping Nov 5 :eek: and putting it elsewhere (like the beginning of the quarter...), but that debate might get heated - haha

Hmmmm...

mport1
02-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Definitely quarterly. Monthly is too often. Yearly or semi-annually is to infrequent.

ctiger2
02-22-2011, 09:02 PM
The most important day for a money bomb would be the day after each debate. People need to be inspired and hearing Ron in the debates will do it.

Eric21ND
02-22-2011, 09:08 PM
On a thread I started I suggested having 4-6 large money bomb events and provided various dates for those and then suggested a very small $5 dollar donation day on the 5th of every month.

PatriotOne
02-22-2011, 09:17 PM
I like early quarterly also and perhaps one drive/effort to sign people up for an automatic monthly donation of say $20.12 or whatever people are comfortable with.

IDefendThePlatform
02-22-2011, 09:27 PM
My vote for Moneybomb schedule from now until the end of the year:
April 15th 2011 - Tax Day
July2nd/4th/5th whatever - Independence day
Nov 5th - Guy Fawkes Day
Dec 16th - Boston Tea Party

Maybe we could squeeze on in after RP wins the Iowa Straw Poll in August. August 31st, Shay's Rebellion? Just a thought.

Or we could do one the week leading up to the straw poll to try to get some last minute pub
Straw Poll is Saturday Aug 13th, maybe Wednesday August 10th? Iowa Straw Poll MoneyBomb!

PatriotOne
02-22-2011, 09:29 PM
I also keep thinking we need to have themes for the money bombs. Say a garage sale money bomb day on the spring quarterly day. Downsize for RP! People have garage sales on Fri and/or Sat and the proceeds go to the moneybomb. How much more grassroots could it get? Plus the potential for large donations are very good. I'm more likely to toss in $500 or even a $1000 if I made it selling all my junk...lol.

Or a craigslist money bomb day for those who don't have a place to have a garage sale.

Another theme could be a book/dvd/cd exchange moneybomb. A list of books/cd's/dvd's donated by the grassroots and for every $20 dollars donated they could choose 3 items from the list to be mailed to them. Might have to bundle from the same donor to keep mailing costs down. Or something like that.

Original_Intent
02-22-2011, 09:48 PM
The day he announces.
The first day of every reporting quarter thereafter.
Nov 5.
Dec 16

doodle
02-22-2011, 10:00 PM
On sympoblic, attention grabbing days quarterly, but some heads up should be given though for less spontaneous folks: )

brandon
02-22-2011, 10:03 PM
We need some new fund raising ideas too. Something competitive like the meetup challenge from August 07. Kickbacks to the highest fundraising groups/individuals.

Christopher David
02-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Can we finalize the major dates soon? Can anyone improve on this schedule?

From http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?280916-A-Money-Bomb-Calendar

- The day Ron announces spontaneous money bomb
- April 15th 2011 (may want to coordinate this with LPAC people before they become official campaign people)
- July 4th 2011
- Nov 5th 2011
- Dec 16th 2011

Plus a $5 donation drive on the 5th of each month (or $10 on the 10th, to mitigate credit card transaction costs?)

Thoughts?

Mani
02-23-2011, 12:56 AM
Have we explored the 48 hour money bomb? It could help stretch the media blitz if they report his day 1 totals and then his day 2 overall total.

I've also noticed during the 24 hour money bomb, the funds keep pouring in for another half day. This money bomb I actually jumped in late, and it seems like that happens to a lot of people. Go back and look at every day after a money bomb, it's always like a minibomb.

Why not stretch it 2 two days and take advantage of those folks who are always late to the party and include their numbers?

Not every money bomb, but it would be nice if one of them was stretched out. Wasn't one of the first online money raising efforts a week long?

I like the schedule, although I'd like to see minibombs after the debates, and maybe something in the Aug/Sept/Oct timeframe, we don't want them having cash flow issues during that time frame.

The reason I suggest minibombs along with the big money bombs is we know the campaign can be frugal so they might not book things in time without a proper steady cash flow. I like the $5 idea as well. The campaign needs a steady flow of income not a boom then dry boom then dry flow.

I spoke to a friend who runs a non for profit company and he does fund raisers but he always says, he'd rather have a guy donate $100 EVERY month, then a guy who donates $5000 once a year. The steady income is much more valuable to him in terms of planning their budgets and resources.

speciallyblend
02-23-2011, 02:57 AM
quarterly, but i also like the idea of instant slingshot on chipins for media bias storys!! I will donate money to the moneybombs but i can see the slingshot idea stealing more money from me hehe!! Nothing motivates me more then when the media pisses me off!!

swissaustrian
02-23-2011, 03:53 AM
Quarterly
... and in addition on the days of the early primary debates (or one day before). This will bring further attention to Dr Paul and decreases the likelyness of him beeing excluded from the debates.

eduardo89
02-23-2011, 04:05 AM
I think the poll shows a clear consensus. We should all save up at least $25 a month and have quarterly money bombs

Andromeda
02-23-2011, 06:38 AM
I like the dates someone posted, but I still think doing the bomb ON a holiday may not be such a hot idea. Perhaps we can do it close to that holiday weekend, maybe like the Monday after or the Thursday before?

newbitech
02-23-2011, 07:02 AM
quarterly is good, but lets go with "other". I want to be agile enough to participate in the spontaneous MB that will occur in response to media BS, some politician saying retarded things about Ron Paul, or just the random news that occurs that will grab folks attention.

fatjohn
02-23-2011, 07:33 AM
1 in the second before the May 2nd debate like may 1st (8th anniversary to the end of the war in Iraq) or april 13th (jefferson birthday)
1 in the third like july 4th or so
and 2 in the fourth (nov 5 and dec 16)

nayjevin
02-23-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm trying to think of what good poll options would be for the next poll. I'm thinking let's try to see what folks think about what 'type' of moneybomb to have. Here are the options I've thought of (I'd let people vote for as many as they want):

-------------------

Choose historic or meaningful dates i.e. independence day, dec 17th, nov 5th, etc

Choose a repeating pattern i.e. 1st day of quarter, every other payday, 1st of the month, etc

During televised debates

Prior to important events for which he needs money i.e. Iowa straw poll

In response to actions of the opposition i.e. whenever a smear piece comes out, whenever a law is passed, whenever romney says 'create jobs'

2 day periods i.e. 1st and 2nd of every month, 1st and 2nd of every quarter, july 4,5th

3-7 day periods i.e. first week of every month, first weekend of every quarter, july 4th weekend, 3 days after every debate etc

Every time Ron sends an email

-----------------------------------

thoughts? suggestions?

nayjevin
02-23-2011, 09:00 AM
money blast bump for money bombs

leonster
02-23-2011, 09:01 AM
I say the day of his announcement plus the following day (so, approximately a 36 hour moneybomb, depending on his time of announcement), then tax protest on April 15th, independence on July 4th, Remember remember the 5th of Nov., and Tea Party Dec. 17th.

Throw a smaller one in for early September or Oct. 1 b/c July and November are far apart.

ItsTime
02-23-2011, 09:08 AM
I think if we sneak in a quarter with two money bombs (1st quarter) the second money bomb should be a "monthly subscription" type money bomb where people pledge to donate $5/10/20... every month. Last time, didn't the campaign have it set up so they could bill your credit card monthly. I think that would be something worth thinking about.

ronpaulhawaii
02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
A discussion on mentioned "dates" is here http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?280985-MoneyBomb!!!-Potential-Dates-for-RP2012&p=3129918#post3129918.

I like the idea of a recurring donation subscription drive, but don't think that falls in the moneybomb catagory. I have seen similar suggestions elsewhere and encourage discussion on how best to achieve. For certain we need to be doing much more than moneybombs to help fundraise...

pacelli
02-23-2011, 02:29 PM
It could help stretch the media blitz if they report his day 1 totals and then his day 2 overall total.

Once people start declaring their candidacies, make no mistake about it that THIS CYCLE moneybombs will not become part of a big media blitz. They will be a regular routine event used by many candidates. The GOP learned a great deal from us in 2007-08, and their frontrunners will usurp the free media associated with them.

Baptist
02-23-2011, 08:08 PM
I think on December 16th we should beat 2007's Dec 16th. But I think we should only have one other money bomb from now until Dec 16th. Somewhere close to the halfway mark.

Eric21ND
02-23-2011, 08:36 PM
I disagree about Nov 5th not being important. There will probably be a spontaneous donation drive on that day regardless whether you want it to be or not. Now if you harshness that energy you're looking at another $6+ million dollar day, if we do nothing we might only raise $500,000. Plus we already have video from last elections Nov 5th to promote the next Nov 5th. The promotion would be quite easy.

libertybrewcity
02-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Definitely quarterly. Monthly is too often. Yearly or semi-annually is to infrequent.

hint: 4 quarters in one dollar.

Eric21ND
02-24-2011, 12:41 AM
double post

Eric21ND
02-24-2011, 12:49 AM
I think we essential have the agreed upon dates.

Spontaneous money bomb when Ron announces.

April 15th

July 4th

Sept/Oct (We need a theme for this)

Nov 5th

Dec 16th

**And a monthly donation day, I suggested $5 on the fifth of every month. The thing is you want lots of people to give a little bit, and everyone can afford $5.00 even poor college students. The positive from this will be a substancial amount of money early in the month for the campaign and it gets casual Ron Paul supporters into the donating process, they will get email updates from the campaign, etc. They will be primed for the big money bomb events later. Now of course I'm sure many people will donate more than the asked $5...I'll probably do at least $20, but by keeping the monthly donation asking amount low it will allow more people to get involved early. During the big money bombs, what do you we tell people, every dollar helps even $5. This simply takes that sentiment and makes it a reoccuring theme every month.

nayjevin
02-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Donate to Ron Paul 2012 @ libertypac.com