PDA

View Full Version : CPAC no longer credible to conservatives?? You Gotta Read These Quotes!

libertygrl
02-22-2011, 02:05 PM
After posting an article on a tea party forum about Faux News' switched CPAC video stunt, I received some replies from people that were shocked. But then a few started discussing CPAC in general and of course, whenever Ron Paul wins, CPAC is suddenly no longer considered credible - unless of course Romney wins. Read these replies:

"PAC is no longer considered to be a conservative convention by many prominent conservatives. Mark Levin is one of them. Also, Ron Paul will never win a Republican nomination."

"Yes. CPAC has lost its cred, big time. Too many conservatives have backed out and will no longer participate, so CPAC polls will be awry, not representing the conservative bloc."

UGH!! Isn't Levin a neo-con? Alot of people are going to feel this way. What can we do to educate them about Ron Paul?

trey4sports
02-22-2011, 02:10 PM
lol, I cannot even FATHOM why the GOP goons like Romney. The guys is a fucking hack

johnrocks
02-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Mark Levin is a loud,pompus, blowhard, I could give a Frenchlick in Indiana what he thinks. The more those ex Democratic social/neo cons get's pissed ,leaves CPAC,then the GOP...the happier I'll be.

Nathan Hale
02-22-2011, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about criticism of CPAC. The key is that we make a prominent showing at ALL major conservative gatherings. Do that and we penetrate in the conservative mainstream even further than we already have. Now is the time to organize the meetups to get to their county GOP meetings, statewide events, and regional gatherings like the SRLC.

johnrocks
02-22-2011, 02:16 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about criticism of CPAC. The key is that we make a prominent showing at ALL major conservative gatherings. Do that and we penetrate in the conservative mainstream even further than we already have. Now is the time to organize the meetups to get to their county GOP meetings, statewide events, and regional gatherings like the SRLC.

Agreed 1000%!

Krugerrand
02-22-2011, 02:27 PM
I agree with the headline ... but it should have been followed w/ giving a prominent spot to somebody who gave big bucks to Rham Emanual.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?280640-Trump-donates-50-000-to-RAHM-EMANUEL

libertygrl
02-22-2011, 02:42 PM

I certainly see your point but there are still a majority of conservative voters who are going to fall for this hypocrisy, when they believe such blowhards as Levin, Hannity, etc., etc., when they tell them conservative groups are leaving CPAC and that their fellow conservatives no longer view the conference as credible. These voters might then view Ron Paul's wins as sort of a aberration not to be taken seriously, because he has a "fringe" following. You know what I'm saying? It would be a good idea to plan a response for these particular people.

TomtheTinker
02-22-2011, 03:05 PM
The response should be the neoconservative & co. are the ones with the credibility issue not the CPAC poll itself which is suppose to be a gauge of support amongst activist with "conservative' ideals. The problem they have with our brand of conservatism is an inability to compete with our ideas and the enthusiasm we have in support of them. What part of supporting a sound currency, government that follows its own laws, a government that protects your personal freedoms not tramples on them and standing against illogical and unconstitutional wars is fringe?

libertygrl
02-22-2011, 04:37 PM
The response should be the neoconservative & co. are the ones with the credibility issue not the CPAC poll itself which is suppose to be a gauge of support amongst activist with "conservative' ideals. The problem they have with our brand of conservatism is an inability to compete with our ideas and the enthusiasm we have in support of them. What part of supporting a sound currency, government that follows its own laws, a government that protects your personal freedoms not tramples on them and standing against illogical and unconstitutional wars is fringe?

EXCELLENT! Mind if I borrow it to school some conservatives? :)

Nathan Hale
02-22-2011, 06:45 PM
I certainly see your point but there are still a majority of conservative voters who are going to fall for this hypocrisy, when they believe such blowhards as Levin, Hannity, etc., etc., when they tell them conservative groups are leaving CPAC and that their fellow conservatives no longer view the conference as credible. These voters might then view Ron Paul's wins as sort of a aberration not to be taken seriously, because he has a "fringe" following. You know what I'm saying? It would be a good idea to plan a response for these particular people.

I agree. The response is to show up at every republican/conservative event. Infiltrate every existing political social circle. The blowhards are easily beaten by strong liberty memes running rampant in the community. The grassroots is key. If they see persistent popularity in polls and at events, it can easily override the will of the GOP glitterati.

hard@work
02-23-2011, 03:16 AM
CPAC has 11,000 paying travelling attendees. These are the most activated, influential, and relevant conservatives in the political process. Saying that they are otherwise only shows how out of touch you are with the conservative movement and the groundswell of traditionalism returning to the Republican party. Perhaps it's time for you to review the roots of conservative ideology and see how far you have strayed since the last administration nearly destroyed our party's foundational ideals?

Just a thought.

Disconsolate
02-23-2011, 03:20 AM
Never understood why Romney would bother going if it wasn't important (:

Captain Shays
02-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Just a thought.

This part of what you said above is the main thing I am responding to; "Saying that they are otherwise only shows how out of touch you are with the conservative movement and the groundswell of traditionalism returning to the Republican party.".

You hit the essence of the problem.

The "new" ( or like we usually say "neo") conservatives have taken over the traditional Republican Party and the conservative movement. Their pundits and media voices dominate the phraseology and the rhetoric so they are defining what it means to be a "conservative" and, a "Republican". Therefore they can simply deny access and squash real debate and if they can't beat us that way, they can either marginalize us, try to ignore us, or attempt to co-opt us.
We have seen it relative to the Tea Party movement and Ron Paul's campaign for president. When Ron Paul got the most votes in debates, they still put Romney's face on the cover of the story and declared him the winner. When it continued people like Hannity blasted out on mass media "there is no way Ron Paul won that debate" all the while ignoring the numbers right above his head showing otherwise. So then, we were accused of voting 1,000 times each. But, when we raised $4.3 million, at that point they KNEW we weren't voting a 1,000 times each and were a serious threat to their power structures. So instead of giving Ron Paul and his supporters due credit, people like Glenn Beck called us terrorists. Ron Paul continued to grow in popularity and the elites KNEW they couldn't squash it forever though they tried. When We raised $6.5 million just one month later from an average contribution of just $50 their response was to exclude ONLY Ron Paul from the debates just a few days before the New Hampshire primary where he was polling about 16%.
Even though the elites did everything in their power to subvert Ron Paul and us, after we raised the $6.5 million which was the birth of the Tea Party movement, we saw the more liberal talking heads, pundits and politicians try to discredit us/them, even to the point of slander. We also saw the more conservative pundits, talking heads and politicians try to join us, Even Hannity and Beck who did EVERYTHING in their power to stop us.

There are some ways we can fight back. First of all, We NEED to call into radio shows that are hostile to Ron Paul and present ourselves to the screeners as Romney, Pawlenty or some other neo favorite and make a good point and as neutral as we can, but then insert a GREAT point to bolster our main positions whether non interventionist foreign policy, ending/auditing the fed/sound money or Constitutional government and don't forget to insert some admiration for Ron Paul. PLANT SEEDS. Let someone else come to water it later and the truth will make it grow.

Just as an example. Usually the talk show host is going off about how bad Obama is and how destructive his policies are to our Republic. When they are talking about what or who can turn it around they will usually give creds to one of their favorites. Christie, Romney, Pawlenty, etc.. When you call in, agree how bad Obama is. That will usually keep you on the phone longer than blurting out Ron Paul. When you get his ear, agree with him on one point about his favorite. Briefly. Then insert something you worry about. Ask why a corporation that has controlled our money supply since 1913 hasn't once been audited? Why do the DEMOCRATS oppose it. Make it clear that their usual piniata boys Barney Franks and Chris Dodd opposed the audit while real Constitutional conservatives supported it. Ask who the politicians are doing the work of the corporation that controls our money or the people? Play into their left-right paradigm even though we know its bullshit. Play into their partisan game of Democrat bad bad bad and Republican good good good even though we know that too is BS because the bigger point you will make has yet to be made. In other words put the problems square on DEMOCRATS. Make the problems seem more a DEMOCRAT problem because even the hard core Ron Paul opposition CANNOT defend against their own game when you put the ball in their hands. If DEMOCRATS are against auditing the Fed, who is the REAL Republican who authored the bill to audit them? Ron Paul thats who! If DEMOCRATS are the police the world party and REAL Republicans always opposed it then who is the REAL Republican? RonPaul Thats who.
When foreign policy all one needs to say is that EVERYONE they talk to is sick and tired of the US being the police of the world and getting us into wars against countires that never attacked us or threatened us like DEMOCRATS always did. If you have time, point out that DEMOCRATS are the original police the world party and were in power during WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, Somalia, Serbia, Columbia, etc. and that EVERYONE they talk to likes the Ron Paul/founding father approach to minding our own business better than the DEMOCRAT style of meddling in the affairs of other countries which ALWAYS backfires.

In fact, we should hone our skills and use tactics that teach, work and change minds in EVERY political discussion forum, radio talk show and out on the street. The whole point is to make it CLEAR that the policies the "new" (try to refrain from using "neo") Republicans favor are REaLLY the policies of those vile, reprehensible, loathsome DEMOCRATS not the old REAL Republicans. At that point, you don't even need to say Ron Paul's name. Someone else will come along later and water it by mentioning his name. Meanwhile anybody who knows anything will automatically KNOW what RREAL Republicans stood for is what Ron Paul is talking about. Then what are they going to do? Defend the policies of DEMOCRATS? LOL Use Facebook, Twitter and EVERY venue where one of us plant a seed and allow someone else to come and water.. Don't try to make it all happen in one post or one phone call. Have faith in the truth, common sense and our message

SwordOfShannarah
02-23-2011, 02:35 PM
The good news is there is nothing they can do about this "problem" they're having. They can't keep us out. It doesn't matter if you call it CPAC or some other conference, we'll be there. Eventually these guys are going to have to face that fact. Right now they are squirming and pouting like little kids, and as is often the case with kids who pout- it doesn't get them anywhere.

erowe1
02-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Ask those people if they think there's another event out there that's more credible.

Then, whatever answer they give, we go win that one.

acptulsa
02-23-2011, 02:42 PM
EXCELLENT! Mind if I borrow it to school some conservatives? :)

That's what this site is for. And that's how we're winning--and we are. I've been around a year or two, and we have changed the conversation--completely--in the last few years. The genie won't go back in the bottle.

So, keep educating them, please. Kicking ass isn't conservatism, isn't responsible, isn't 'pro-democracy', isn't a long-term solution to anything, and the more of our erstwhile friends like Mubarrek and Khaddafi go down in flames, the more even the most ardent ass-kickin' shit-kicker will have trouble denying the fact.

Ask not if the places where we win are credible. Ask if neo-"conservatism" is credible to thinking people. Then go help people learn to think.

georgiaboy
02-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Ask those people if they think there's another event out there that's more credible.

Then, whatever answer they give, we go win that one.

hehe, yeah.

heavenlyboy34
02-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Fret not, OP. They're just jealous. ;)

libertygrl
02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks. I schooled those people telling them to either lead or get out of the way of the revolution! :) Actually, I now see a lot more support and positive remarks in these conservative forums than I did back in 2007/2008. Unfortunately however, I still come across the same pathetic line that drives me insane: "I like Ron Paul but he can't win." Ugh!!!

"No army can withstand the strength of an idea whose time has come." The Revolution Continues!

erowe1
02-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately however, I still come across the same pathetic line that drives me insane: "I like Ron Paul but he can't win."

We have to accept that that reason is still out there and it's still a big factor. I see that as good news, because that's a factor that we can take control of, and if we do this right, then by this fall that reason won't exist any more. And imagine what will happen then, when all those people who are sympathetic to Ron Paul's views and independence but whose only reason for ignoring him is their belief that it's not worth their trouble realize that he can win.

libertygrl
02-24-2011, 02:06 PM
We have to accept that that reason is still out there and it's still a big factor. I see that as good news, because that's a factor that we can take control of, and if we do this right, then by this fall that reason won't exist any more. And imagine what will happen then, when all those people who are sympathetic to Ron Paul's views and independence but whose only reason for ignoring him is their belief that it's not worth their trouble realize that he can win.

Sounds good, but how? Remember, we've got the likes of FAUX News constantly undermining him whenever he's got some momentum going. This time, we've got to be on the offensive when it comes to Faux.