PDA

View Full Version : Whoever is running the campaign site....

coffeewithchess
10-23-2007, 01:09 PM
NEEDS TO BE FIRED!
Why is it that after every debate, the most likely time that new people will visit your site, the site is not updated with the news that "RON PAUL WINS FOX NEWS POLL", the other candidates update their sites within minutes of the debate, Ron's site takes about 6 weeks before/if it's even mentioned...what is going on!? They seriously need to be fired.
And before you start saying, "You don't know what they do in HQ". I volunteered 4 hours of time on my Birthday, and watched as the staff was gathered around the tv watching news reports on Ron Paul, while their emails were overflowing.

Stealth4
10-23-2007, 01:13 PM
This is a good point - the website should mention immediately that he won the debate poll, post the results and post proof that you cant vote twice.

tell the campaign this - just call them - an email will jsut sit there for a while.

coffeewithchess
10-23-2007, 01:36 PM
This is a good point - the website should mention immediately that he won the debate poll, post the results and post proof that you cant vote twice.

tell the campaign this - just call them - an email will jsut sit there for a while.

I did this Sunday night following the debate, I knew an email would be a waste of my time, but also, just so you know, telephone calls don't do much good either. This is something I have told them over the last 3 debates...UPDATE YOUR PAGE! And what is the first thing a new person is greeted by after the debate...the campaign asking for money!

Lord Xar
10-23-2007, 01:40 PM
if you think that is bad, check out his myspace.. never updated.. yeah.. for someone who has a handle on the internet, he really needs people who can update his online presence at a whims notice. he is lacking in that...

American
10-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Makes sense to me, they need money to get ready for these first states in the primaries. I agree with the complaint but you also need to realize the other campaign web sites are probably sitting around waiting for something to do while the Ron Paul web site get hammered with traffic. The Daily paul is also a good web site, maybe mention that site as well for reference.?

maxmerkel
10-23-2007, 01:47 PM
I concur with you whole heartedly. campaign needs to update the site during/after debates (and has to make sure it can handle the extra traffic after debates).

kylejack
10-23-2007, 01:49 PM
I support your point that they should announce that. This thread is kind of lol, though.

NinjaPirate
10-23-2007, 01:51 PM
I think they're still understaffed. :/

DjLoTi
10-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Maybe the person in charge of these things isn't exactly the best man for the job

maxmerkel
10-23-2007, 01:55 PM
I think they're still understaffed. :/

hq definitely should be stuffed with more staff - or at least staff shouldn't stuff around .

coffeewithchess
10-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Makes sense to me, they need money to get ready for these first states in the primaries. I agree with the complaint but you also need to realize the other campaign web sites are probably sitting around waiting for something to do while the Ron Paul web site get hammered with traffic. The Daily paul is also a good web site, maybe mention that site as well for reference.?

The problem is that after a "NATIONAL DEBATE" more than likely, new people won't be visiting a "DailyPaul.com" site. I love DailyPaul and the others, they are updated better than the "OFFICIAL WASTE OF MONEY SITE". My complaint is with how this campaign is being run. I think that Dr. Paul's campaign staff is taking the credit for nothing. Everybody thought how awesome the "live chart" was last quarter...I had called/emailed the campaign about that in the 2nd quarter when I saw John Edwards website doing it. The main website is horrible with updates and even video updates. Why haven't we heard that Dr. Paul won the Fox News debate yet...from the official site?

kylejack
10-23-2007, 01:57 PM
I had a thought - What if Ron Paul were to open an office in a city that already has a strong volunteer presence and staff it mostly with volunteers on the ground level? Austin would be fantastic for this, as one example. That would definitely allow them to catch up on the e-mails.

Brinck Slattery
10-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Already happening

maxmerkel
10-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I had a thought - What if Ron Paul were to open an office in a city that already has a strong volunteer presence and staff it mostly with volunteers on the ground level? Austin would be fantastic for this, as one example. That would definitely allow them to catch up on the e-mails.

good idea.

pennycat
10-23-2007, 02:31 PM
If you want to see what a REAL campaign website looks like go over to the Obama one. Now that's cool! Click around, everything is geared towards the grassroots

terlinguatx
10-23-2007, 02:34 PM

garrettwombat
10-23-2007, 02:43 PM
do they not even realize he has won every debate he has been on except one.... why dont they say that kind of stuff, now that you mention it they do seem pretty lazy.

and it irritates me they dont make a big deal about him working beside ronald reagan and all the good stuff ronald reagan said about him...
i live in the south, and all i have to do is show the slim jim with him beside reagan and the people are sold.