PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Book Run

bwlibertyman
02-22-2011, 01:28 PM
So I woke up energized this morning ready to support liberty and read to buy Rand Paul's new book "The Tea Party Goes to Washington". I got to booksamillion at about 10 a.m. I asked the lady at the counter where Rand's book was and that it wasn't located in the new arrivals section. She said, "well it should be on this cart here." It wasn't obviously. She said, "come back at noon and we'll have it out."

I decided that booksamillion had lost my business for the day.

At around 1 p.m., I went to our mall and entered waldenbooks, a subsidiary of borders books I believe. I again went to the new arrivals section and it wasn't there. I went to the front desk again and asked where the book was. A guy took me to the political science section. It wasn't there. He went in the back and grabbed one for me.

As he was going to the back I told him that a picture of the capital was on the front. He responded, "Yeah with a belt around it squeezing it." I'm not sure if his comment was sarcastic or in agreement.

I am disappointed that this book is not being put on shelves. I don't know if it's a conspiracy theory but the book is debuting today and people can't even see it on the shelves.

This was my day's experience. Does anyone have any similar stories to tell?:eek::eek::p:p

TheDriver
02-22-2011, 01:30 PM
I order one from Amazon last week, received it last Friday, but I haven't read it yet.

Amazon ships out of Kentucky, for our area.

bwlibertyman
02-22-2011, 01:33 PM
I heard they only count "brick and mortar" facility book sales. That's the only reason I didn't buy it online.

TheDriver
02-22-2011, 01:37 PM
I heard they only count "brick and mortar" facility book sales. That's the only reason I didn't buy it online.

No idea, although that sounds suspect.

kpfareal
02-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Just ordered my copy today from Amazon along with Rollback. I might go to B&N later today and personally make sure the book gets prime viewing in the store...