PDA

View Full Version : Democrats trigger Statehouse showdown

Melissa
02-22-2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20110222/NEWS/110222004/House-Democrats-flee-Indiana-stop-votes?odyssey=mod%7Cbreaking%7Ctext%7CIndyStar.com

Great now the unions are trying to take Indiana too I hope all hoosiers call and tell the Republicans to not give up this is so silly that the public sector wont tighten thier belts when the rest of have to

Johnnybags
02-22-2011, 11:28 AM
RECALL EM ALL - Forget Daniels, he is playing Pres politics.

Indiana Democrats flee state

Yep, another state’s elected representatives on the Dem side have FLED THE STATE rather than show up to work to do the job voters elected them to do.

Mary Beth Schneider of the Indy Star reports:

House Democrats are leaving the state rather than vote on anti-union legislation. Today’s fight was triggered by Republicans pushing a bill that would bar unions and companies from negotiating a contract that requires non-union members to kick-in fees for representation. It’s become the latest in what is becoming a national fight over Republican attempts to eliminate or limit collective bargaining.

House Minority Leader B. Patrick Bauer, D-South Bend, “has taken a page out of the Wisconsin Senate playbook apparently” by keeping his caucus in hiding, Bosma said. “They are shirking the job that they were hired to do.”

I find this disappointing:

Gov. Mitch Daniels had said he supports the policy his party is pursuing in this legislation, but said earlier that this is not the year to do it with so many other critical legislation in the works, including his education reform agenda.

I just have to shake my head. Public unions are bankrupting our states. Union employees decide “their jobs” are more important than any other taxpayers’ jobs or household budgets. And Daniels thinks the time is not right to address this?

Melissa
02-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Daniels wants to run for President so he dont want anything messing that up so yes he is playing politics. I hope everyone calls though to tell them keep up the good work and fire those Dems that left. This is getting old how many of us can just run from our jobs still get paid and have a job to come back too. I am sad that the public workers are not taking this like the rest of had to do when the recession first started

angelatc
02-22-2011, 11:31 AM
RECALL EM ALL - Forget Daniels, he is playing Pres politics. ...
Gov. Mitch Daniels had said he supports the policy his party is pursuing in this legislation, but said earlier that this is not the year to do it with so many other critical legislation in the works, including his education reform agenda.

I just have to shake my head. Public unions are bankrupting our states. Union employees decide “their jobs” are more important than any other taxpayers’ jobs or household budgets. And Daniels thinks the time is not right to address this?

There simply can't be any significant educational reform without taking some of the power away from the unions.