PDA

View Full Version : If you are trying to get into a debate don't admit you are a Paul supporter

Perry
10-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Anyone agree with this? Did Fox not screen their audience and filter out Paul supporters? If we are trying to get into one of these debates should we pretend to be something we are not?

Brinck Slattery
10-23-2007, 12:39 PM
If you're trying to do anything involving the major media outlets, including calling in to talk radio stations, you should keep quiet about your affiliation. Otherwise they will weed you out/hang up on you.

coffeewithchess
10-23-2007, 12:39 PM
The Trojan horse theory...sneak in, then show them what they didn't filter!

TechnoGuyRob
10-23-2007, 12:40 PM
What if they start a blacklist? A list of names of Ron Paul supporters who have done this?

wgadget
10-23-2007, 12:41 PM
I heard that the tickets had to be purchased by June 30. True? I guess the MSM has been planning on this setup waaay in advance.

uncloned21
10-23-2007, 12:41 PM
What if they start a blacklist? A list of names of Ron Paul supporters who have done this?

then theyll have a big list?

Adamsa
10-23-2007, 12:43 PM

Use a different name. :D

Drknows
10-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Didn't someone post ticket info to the next debate yesterday? I think it said you have to appear in person at some location. We need to get on this ASAP! Pass it out to all the meetups.

terlinguatx
10-23-2007, 12:52 PM

Mattsa
10-23-2007, 12:54 PM
If you're trying to do anything involving the major media outlets, including calling in to talk radio stations, you should keep quiet about your affiliation. Otherwise they will weed you out/hang up on you.

Ron Paul supporters are definitely going to have to 'game' the system or they will find themselves marginalised or orse still, excluded.

The media is playing dirty, so RP supporters will have to play the same game!

ClayTrainor
10-23-2007, 12:58 PM
imagine if some ron paul supporters somehow got into Luntz's support group after the fox debate.

Man would i pay to see the look on his face when his "unbiased" crowd thinks ron paul won.

Perry
10-23-2007, 01:36 PM
The more i think about it the more i believe we should all be saying we are Huck supporters since that's who the media seem to be pushing.

Bradley in DC
10-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Cut the conspiracy crap. The Paul supporters were organized and motivated and got lots of supporters into the Baltimore PBS debate. As Steve Dasbauch has explained, those campaigns forking over big bucks got extra tickets to the last debate. That's their right. A waste of money in my eyes, but their right nonetheless.

The ones distributing open tickets don't care if you're for Dr. Paul or John Cox or Harold Stassen.

jonahtrainer
10-23-2007, 02:54 PM
I heard that the tickets had to be purchased by June 30. True? I guess the MSM has been planning on this setup waaay in advance.

I don't think this was a setup. I know several Ron Paul supporters who went to the Presidency IV. I had a ticket but am in San Diego on work. The sad fact, as I can attest from having attended the RPOF quarterly meeting and several REC events in Florida, is that the GOP leadership hates Ron Paul.

But that is why their commanding lead, in 2006 one county had a 3:2 voter registration lead now at 1:1, is shrinking. The RPOF is in shambles and there is no energy. The Republicans can't build the party as fast as it is shrinking.

We had the Treasurer, personal friend of our Meetup Organizer, for our REC (250/month show up) come to our monthly Meetup meeting. We had 120+ at the monthly Meetup. I asked him what he thought and he said "You get this kind of support behind a local candidate and you'll win any election." I responded "Glad you get the picture."

The media, FOX particularly, is using the debates as a 'force multiplier' effect. The bottom line is the Republicans are in shambles and losing elections and are going down next year unless they change policy and return to their traditions and roots. That is why they keep asking Ron Paul about running Third Party because the Republican party may cease to exist if he leads us all out of it.

Perry
10-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Cut the conspiracy crap. The Paul supporters were organized and motivated and got lots of supporters into the Baltimore PBS debate. As Steve Dasbauch has explained, those campaigns forking over big bucks got extra tickets to the last debate. That's their right. A waste of money in my eyes, but their right nonetheless.

The ones distributing open tickets don't care if you're for Dr. Paul or John Cox or Harold Stassen.

Oh I'm sorry were you monitoring all those distributing tickets?
Good for you Bradley. I know we can depend on you for future debates.
By the way if you hadn't noticed the original post was a question not a statement. Hence the three(3) question marks.If you believe this idea to be false then state the facts you do know and do it politely instead of coming off like a know-it-all smartass.