PDA

View Full Version : Why we have to raise $12 million.

goRPaul
10-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Giuliani raised $11.6 million in Q3. Regardless whether he'll top that this quarter or not, if Ron raises $12 million, he'll be seen as the top dog. He's the only conservative, and he will only be regarded as such when he's on top of the field in fundraising.

Just think of what the media will say in January- "Where did Ron Paul come from?!?" We'll be saying, he's been right under your nose this whole time!

davidhperry
10-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Just think of what the media will say in January- "Where did Ron Paul come from?!?" We'll be saying, he's been right under your nose this whole time!

He's like a 747 jumbo jet flying under the radar. :)

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
10-23-2007, 11:58 AM
There's no way we are going to hit 12 million. Stop being hopeful.

As it is now, we probably won't get much higher than 2 million this month before the deadline, which is only half of what we needed this month.

The campaign set the goal too high.

We are definitely on track to top our Q3 fundraising by a few million. But 12 million? No way.

austin356
10-23-2007, 12:02 PM

As it is now, we probably won't get much higher than 2 million this month before the deadline, which is only half of what we needed this month.

We are definitely on track to top our Q3 fundraising by a few million. But 12 million? No way.

No way?

We are going to hit 7 now if there is zero uptick in the rate of donations.

Many many people are going to be donating in December as Christmas presents.

I have already told my entire family for them to just give me a RP receipt for Christmas and have made it clear that if they buy me a gift I will just sell it for less than they bought it on Ebay and donate the $$ myself.

I doubt I am alone in this.

ClayTrainor
10-23-2007, 12:08 PM
No way?

I have already told my entire family for them to just give me a RP receipt for Christmas and have made it clear that if they buy me a gift I will just sell it for less than they bought it on Ebay and donate the $$ myself.

good for you man... good for you.

shepburn
10-23-2007, 12:10 PM

This post angers me. Before you go on predicting how we'll finish the 4Q, understand this: We are growing exponentially. Yes, we missed October (and I agree $4M was unrealistic), but we are still on pace for $10M-$12M for the end of the 4Q. The ronpaulgraphs web site is using linear growth to forecast our 4Q total. Look at the daily totals from the 3Q and you'll see a exponential curve. Right now we are bringing in each day more than we did during the final week of the 3rd Q.

So stop telling us "we can't do it", when you obviously are not a skilled financial analyst. Your job is to donate and raise funds, not predict our results.

rs3515
10-23-2007, 12:10 PM

You serious? The straight-line modeling shows at least $2.25M by the end of this month, and that assumes zero bump from the Jay Leno appearance on the 30th. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up close to $2.75.

As for $12, that just depends on if there can continue to be growth in November and December like there has been in previous months. Kent Snyder has said on several occasions the expectation is for 3-4-5 from Sept to Dec.

As for setting the goal too high, I have to disagree with you. Much better to set a number to strive to rather than constantly having a false sense of security about how good things are going. I also agree with Mr. Snyder that $12M for Q4 is the right type of goal to send the message that Dr. Paul is a viable candidate.

Zydeco
10-23-2007, 12:11 PM

This is an uninformed comment. We are tracking at $7.2 million now and that has been trending quickly and steadily upward.

Google, then post. Not the other way around.

On a related matter, I am realizing how huge this Ron Paul Nov. 5th "Money Bomb" might be. They have about 8,000 people signed up to donate $100 on Nov. 5th. In addition:

1) I understand a lot of people are intending to give more than $100.
2) They are signing people up at the rate of over 1,000 per day.
3) There are apparently a sizable number of people who have not pledged but who intend to give.

Taking these factors into account, $1 mil on Nov. 5th seems conservative, but even if it was "only" $1 million the press from that would be enormous, campaign-making.

Now if it's $2 or $3 million, we are talking about a historic event.

Zarxrax
10-23-2007, 12:20 PM
We can definitely hit 12 million for this quarter. We definitely won't hit 4 million for this month, but that's ok, because it should be obvious to anyone that we wont raise the same amount each month. As every week goes by, MORE and more people are coming onboard with ron paul and donating. We just raised almost half a million dollars in 3 days! Wait and see what happens on November 5th, I think it will be amazing. I say we might hit 4-5 million in November. That would leave us needing 5-6 million in December, and I really think it's possible!

stevedasbach
10-23-2007, 12:28 PM

Yes way! We will beat $3 million in October. Assuming we do, $4 million in November and $5 million in December is definitely achievable.

Historically, the first month of a quarter has only been about 15% of the total. This definitely isn't a linear relationship.

wgadget
10-23-2007, 12:35 PM
And Dr. Paul will be on Leno October 30. There is also rumor that he will be on another big daytime show. Any exposure like this has to help donations.

G-khan
10-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Well Nov 5th we will take in over 1 million and up to 2 million is my guess..

sedele
10-23-2007, 12:48 PM
No way?

Run Far Far Away!

nbhadja
10-23-2007, 12:53 PM

Um we already passes 1.72 million already and have 8 days left. If we raise say about 75 K (which it will probably be higher) each of those 8 days average that is 600 more thousand. We should get at least 2.3 million this month.

You are forgetting that this campaign grows exponentially!! We very well could end up with 12 million for the quarter. November 5th will give us at least 1 million dollars alone. Plus the new exposure, like being on the tonight show etc.

NinjaPirate
10-23-2007, 12:54 PM
No way?

Haha, I may have to mirror you on this!

conner_condor
10-23-2007, 01:00 PM
If I read the rules correctly, I thought there was to be no negative Ron Paul talk..That is negative.. I expect the mods to uphold the rules of this forum...

Pete
10-23-2007, 01:01 PM
I am working on a business promotion that will enable me to contribute $2+k in the 4th quarter. So far, I'm in for $100 in Q3

I'm making it a point to convert at least 4 people per week about Ron Paul. I had an audience of a dozen people in a hospital waiting room yesterday, and I know I converted at least three. Some time in November I am going to start going door to door.

$20 million for Q4 is not impossible, IMO.

3-4-5 is only reasonable. 3-6-11 could happen!