PDA

View Full Version : Do you quack like a duck?

TruckinMike
10-23-2007, 11:35 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2341/1713085287_488336805c_o.jpg
Important:

Using leftist phrases like "anti-war" or "RP believes in the separation of church and state" . Those phrases are whats making the Republican masses think that RP is a liberal.

RP doesnt believe in the separation of church and state--- its not in the Constitution. But he does believe that STATES have a right to have or NOT to have religious "moments" in schools/government buildings. He believes that should be up to the folks at the local level. MAke sure you get that point right!! otherwise the Christian vote will never come our way.

SO....

NEVER use any term or phrase that the libs use to describe a situation or position. Always make sure it sounds like a conservative voter saying it.

instead of anti-war... say he believes in the words of our founders like George washington. They held a Non-interventionist position....which is ...alli with none, trade with all! --- See.... doesn't that sound more like something an educated conservative would say???

This is very IMPORTANT!!!! A judge once told me.. if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then its a duck!---- However, In my case, the judge was wrong legally, but that doesn't matter, I still had to pay the fine...he thought "it" was a duck. Regardless of the truth.

Lets do our best to NOT look, walk and quack like a duck! OK?? Get it???

Truckinmike

davidkachel
10-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Very good points.

Brinck Slattery
10-23-2007, 11:41 AM
True true! "State's Rights" and "The foreign policy of our founding fathers" work a lot better. Excellent suggestions.

freelance
10-23-2007, 11:58 AM
TruckinMike, you're absolutely right. Remember that Frank Luntz gets his desired poll results by selecting his words carefully.

Jive Dadson
10-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Separation of church and state is most certainly in the Constitution. But it's not something we should be talking about. The best strategy, and the one endorsed by the campaign, is to let Ron Paul do the talking about his positions. We should talk about our meetup group activities, how excited and hopeful everyone is, how many of us there are, etc., etc.. The idea is to get the people interested in Ron Paul. We should also let people know that we are unpaid volunteers, and that we do not speak for the official campaign.

When I say anything about policy, or put anything about policy in a flier, I am careful to use words taken directly from the campaign's official literature.

TruckinMike
10-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Congress shall make NO law....

read the first amendment again. The 1st amendment Protects religion.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

There is nothing in there pertaining to keeping religion OUT of government buildings... if so, then we also can regulate what is spoken in government buildings.PERIOD. Otherwise, the first amendment is worthless and can only be used in a romantic view of the past.

TruckinMike

Daveforliberty
10-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Separation of church and state is most certainly in the Constitution.

No, its not. Certainly not in letter, and not even in spirit.

TruckinMike
10-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Quack... read the very first post. this is important!

constituent
10-23-2007, 01:17 PM
True true! "State's Rights" and "The foreign policy of our founding fathers" work a lot better. Excellent suggestions.

"state's rights" has become the new buzzword for "racism"

i like "pro-peace." when you use the phrase "foreign policy"
90% of everyone turns you off while silently reaffirming
their own feelings toward Iraq.

constituent
10-23-2007, 01:19 PM
TruckinMike, you're absolutely right. Remember that Frank Luntz gets his desired poll results by selecting his words carefully.

The most important thing is that politicians learn which words and phrases are the most
powerful/soft or whatever for the purpose they need served to convey
the ideas of the stories they are trying to sell.

Polling is a relatively small sliver of the propagandist Frank Luntz'
lard pie.

TruckinMike
10-23-2007, 01:24 PM
So whats the hub bub about racism and states rights? How are they inferring that the two are equal?

TMike

Jive Dadson
10-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Congress shall make NO law....

read the first amendment again. The 1st amendment Protects religion.

It protects people from the government getting involved in religion. I have no desire to get into this debate again. Let's agree to disagree. The point is, we should not be talking about policy when promoting Ron Paul. That's his job.

Jive Dadson
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
So whats the hub bub about racism and states rights? How are they inferring that the two are equal?

TMike

"States rights" was a term frequently used by segregationists in the 50's and 60's. For a lot of baby boomers, it may have bad connotations. Don't shoot the messenger.

TruckinMike
10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
If you can't say states rights... What do you say?

TruckinMike
10-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Quack...read the first post.

Brinck Slattery
10-23-2007, 07:22 PM
huh I was not aware of that connotation with the term "state's rights." That's the price you pay for being 23 - the eternal anger of baby boomers.

constituent
10-23-2007, 07:25 PM
quick and most blatant example (there are many, this is the best)
go to c-span.org and look for Al Sharpton's testimony before congress
on the Jena 6 situation.

rs3515
10-23-2007, 07:28 PM
huh I was not aware of that connotation with the term "state's rights." That's the price you pay for being 23 - the eternal anger of baby boomers.

From Wikipedia:

"During the civil rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s, states' rights became strongly associated with Southern racial politics, with proponents of racial segregation and Jim Crow laws denouncing federal interference in these state-level policies."

rs3515
10-23-2007, 07:30 PM

And also from Wikipedia ...

'The term "states' rights" has been used as a code word by defenders of segregation, and was the official name of the "Dixiecrat" party led by segregationist presidential candidate Strom Thurmond. George Wallace, the Alabama governor, who famously declared in his inaugural address, "Segregation now! Segregation tomorrow! Segregation forever!", later remarked that he should have said, "States' rights now! States' rights tomorrow! States' rights forever!"'

NewEnd
10-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Attest to Paul's character, and let them hear his words on issues themselves.

constituent
10-23-2007, 07:39 PM

i'm 25.

Brinck Slattery
10-23-2007, 07:41 PM
well I guess that's the price I pay for... being historically ignorant and not attentive to my words. Eep. Somehow, somewhere, I'm paying a price.

MO4RonPaul
10-23-2007, 08:15 PM
States Rights go back further than the 1950's...try the 1850's and 60's and even further back than that! It's time to get back to a decentralized federal government and strong state Republics.

...Whistling Dixie!...

constituent
10-23-2007, 08:22 PM
well I guess that's the price I pay for... being historically ignorant and not attentive to my words. Eep. Somehow, somewhere, I'm paying a price.

lol. nice recovery :D

klamath
10-23-2007, 08:31 PM
I always use "local control".
I agree on not using Anti war to republicans. I use "no win wars run by the politicians". Putting our troops in a place where they have no clue who the enemy is until that fleeting second of cognition as they are blown to hell.

Corydoras
10-23-2007, 08:35 PM
All depends who you're talking to. Basic salesmanship. If you're talking to a duck, quack like a duck. If you're talking to a goose, honk like a goose. You know best whether the people you are talking to are blue state or red state mentality.

Proemio
10-23-2007, 09:21 PM
From Wikipedia:

"During the civil rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s, states' rights became strongly associated with Southern racial politics, with proponents of racial segregation and Jim Crow laws denouncing federal interference in these state-level policies."

Isn't that convenient and totally accidental, of course.
It's precisely why I use that 'resource' only for mathematical formulas and other such unspinnable thingies.

Rights in order of magnitude:
Individual > Community > State > Nation > Globalism is a joke

Any other arrangement is unnatural and can only be sustained by force.

Quack,
Duck

Proemio
10-23-2007, 09:35 PM
All depends who you're talking to. Basic salesmanship. If you're talking to a duck, quack like a duck. If you're talking to a goose, honk like a goose. You know best whether the people you are talking to are blue state or red state mentality.

Very, very true - as long as the core message doesn't change.

RevolutionSD
10-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Important:

Using leftist phrases like "anti-war" or "RP believes in the separation of church and state" . Those phrases are whats making the Republican masses think that RP is a liberal.

RP doesnt believe in the separation of church and state--- its not in the Constitution. But he does believe that STATES have a right to have or NOT to have religious "moments" in schools/government buildings. He believes that should be up to the folks at the local level. MAke sure you get that point right!! otherwise the Christian vote will never come our way.

SO....

NEVER use any term or phrase that the libs use to describe a situation or position. Always make sure it sounds like a conservative voter saying it.

instead of anti-war... say he believes in the words of our founders like George washington. They held a Non-interventionist position....which is ...alli with none, trade with all! --- See.... doesn't that sound more like something an educated conservative would say???

This is very IMPORTANT!!!! A judge once told me.. if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then its a duck!---- However, In my case, the judge was wrong legally, but that doesn't matter, I still had to pay the fine...he thought "it" was a duck. Regardless of the truth.

Truckinmike

Sorry, I don't think our problem is people think RP is a liberal.
I AM anti-war, so I use that one.

RP is a paleo-conservative or libertarian/republican, or classical LIBERAL. Labels are just that, and should not be at the top of our list for things we need to worry about.

Tidewise
10-23-2007, 10:14 PM
"state's rights" has become the new buzzword for "racism"

Wow does that piss me off!

However true that may be historically, now is the time we must change that perception. The national government's infringement on the rights of the states is one of THE fundamental problems with the United States today.

"This balance between the National and State governments ought to be dwelt on with peculiar attention, as it is of the utmost importance. It forms a double security to the people. If one encroaches on their rights they will find a powerful protection in the other. Indeed, they will both be prevented from overpassing their constitutional limits by a certain rivalship, which will ever subsist between them."

-- Alexander Hamilton (speech to the New York Ratifying Convention, 17 June 1788)
Reference: The Works of Alexander Hamilton, Henry Cabot Lodge, ed., vol. 2 (28)

Hence the Tenth Amendment:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved for the States respectively, or to the people.

beerista
10-23-2007, 10:38 PM
"This balance between the National and State governments ought to be dwelt on with peculiar attention, as it is of the utmost importance. It forms a double security to the people. If one encroaches on their rights they will find a powerful protection in the other. Indeed, they will both be prevented from overpassing their constitutional limits by a certain rivalship, which will ever subsist between them."
-- Alexander Hamilton (speech to the New York Ratifying Convention, 17 June 1788)
Reference: The Works of Alexander Hamilton, Henry Cabot Lodge, ed., vol. 2 (28)

Given Hamilton's proclivities, as opposed to some of the things he wrote, I always wonder if he (as well as the other authors of the Federalist Papers) was just wrong or if he was lying.

Wow does that piss me off!
Me too, by the way.

-------
Sorry, we can now get back on topic.

LibertyEagle
10-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Separation of church and state is most certainly in the Constitution.

Nope.

jake
11-09-2007, 09:32 AM
bump

DaronWestbrooke
11-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Important:

SO....

Truckinmike

How about if we just use the terms strategically. If we are discussing with liberals we use those terms, wingnuts, we don't. Simple as that.