PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Straw Poll puts RP @ 66.96%

DianeDL
10-23-2007, 11:32 AM
OREGON SUPPORTS RP!!!
poll from the Oregon Republican Party...
Monday, October 08, 2007
First Oregon Republican Presidential Straw Poll Picks Ron Paul
PORTLAND, Ore. – In the Oregon Republican Party’s first 2008 Presidential Straw Poll on Saturday, October 6, 2007, Ron Paul won by an overwhelming majority of the vote.

“I was impressed with the organization of the Ron Paul campaign, turning out more than 80 activists,” said Vance Day, Chairman of the Oregon Republican Party. “At $20 a vote, their contributions will have a large affect on the Oregon Republican Party’s ability to recruit and elect republican candidates.”

To be eligible to participate in the straw poll, voters had to be Oregon residents and registered republicans. Out of 115 votes cast, the results are as follows:

Ron Paul – 66.96%

Mitt Romney – 15.65%

Fred Thompson – 10.43%

Mike Huckabee – 4.35%

Rudy Giuliani – 1.74%

John McCain – 0.87%

The straw poll was part of the Oregon Republican Leadership Conference, an annual event designed to train republican candidates, consultants, and political junkies on the new tools and techniques they need to win races. The conference included presentations and trainings by nationally recognized organizations like GOPAC and the Leadership Institute on microtargeting voters, campaign tactics, and voter registration.

This is GOOD new from the West!!!

JoshLowry
10-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Good news. :)

Got a link?

steph3n
10-23-2007, 11:35 AM
this is quite old, and posted on the campaign news forum probably buried a bit now :)

brumans
10-23-2007, 11:36 AM
This was over 2 weeks ago?

lasenorita
10-23-2007, 11:41 AM
First time I've heard about it, actually. Great news! :)

DianeDL
10-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Good news. :)

Got a link?

http://www.orgop.org/
there is the link.

I know it is somewhat dated material but I just came by it (and the site) in my search for more information on what I can do here in Oregon now that I am a new Republican for RP.

JoshLowry
10-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Yea it is a bit dated. I missed it the first time around. :o

me3
10-23-2007, 11:44 AM
there is the link.

I know it is somewhat dated material but I just came by it (and the site) in my search for more information on what I can do here in Oregon now that I am a new Republican for RP.
Welcome aboard. Make sure you join a MeetUp group in your area.

princessredtights
10-23-2007, 01:41 PM
there is the link.

DianeDL

Welcome to the RP Revolution!

If you are involved in the local meetups in your area, please join! Iam in the Portland metro area and we have a few dynamic, active groups.

Please join us! We are always looking for activists!

Karen

(co-organizer of the Portland group)

princessredtights
10-23-2007, 01:43 PM
P.S. -

That straw poll was a LOT of fun! we actually have more than 100 there for the sign waving - about 80 eligible to vote in the straw poll (we had a few people from Vancouver, Wa come to help with the signs). We had the groups from Bend, Salem, Eugene come ... it was almost like having RP there himself!

Johnnybags
10-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Hammering the FDA to leave herbal remedys and natural products alone. Heck, they have a huge industry in these herbs and natural health stuff. They outta vote for him by default alone.

princessredtights
10-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Hammering the FDA to leave herbal remedys and natural products alone. Heck, they have a huge industry in these herbs and natural health stuff. They outta vote for him by default alone.

Our group did hit up the Hempstalk - Oregon does have a lot of people interested in this aspect of his message ;). Also, Oregon does have medical marijuana and a lot of alternative type medical things -