PDA

View Full Version : Jante Folger calls Mitt Romney "ballot box stuffer" and my LTE response

Original_Intent
10-23-2007, 10:32 AM
First, Janet's article:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58278

here is my LTE response, hope it gets published.

Janet Folger crying about Mitt Romney’s “ballot-box stuffing” is really quite amusing for anyone who has followed the Values Voter debate and summit. I am no great fan of Mitt Romney for President, but after the way that Mike Huckabee “won” the straw poll at the VV debate, Janet needs to be a little less aggressive with the stone throwing less she shatter her own glass abode.

For those who don’t know, the audience at the Values Voter debate were not allowed to vote in the straw poll. Only delegates who were hand selected by the organizers were able to vote. I call this stuffing the ballot box to a degree that Mitt Romney could only dream of. What was worse, after the debate Janet waxed eloquent about having fasted and prayed for 40 days for God to show the faithful who they should support - and “thanks to the overwhelming victory” of Mike Hukabee, their prayers were obviously answered.

As bad as Mitt’s ballot box stuffing may have been, at least he did not have the temerity to then credit God with the win. Janet, Jesus called the scribes and Pharisees a “generation of vipers, hypocrites”. What would he say about you forcing a desired result and then attributing it as a “sign from God” ?

And it is shameful that WorldNetDaily is giving you a weekly forum to promote your candidate. I do believe that Mike Huckabee is among the better choices facing the GOP, but your behavior is inexcusable for a so-called person of faith.

noztnac
11-30-2007, 06:48 AM
Post it on topix.com while you wait for someone to pick it up. Nice piece.