PDA

View Full Version : Must-See Video About Why Hyperinflation IS Coming, And Soon

justinc.1089
02-20-2011, 12:03 AM
This first video is just a short video depicting what it will be like when the dollar is no longer the world's reserve currency and hyperinflation hits America. Its not the video I think you must see, but you might want to take a look at it anyway since its short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N8gJSMoOJc&feature=pyv&ad=6050032234&kw=hyperinflation

This is the one you must see, explaining why hyperinflation is coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI-BIVWlc7A

outspoken
02-20-2011, 12:09 AM
talk about playing on people's fears... they conveniently picked the 12/21/12 end of days week to boot! Way to tap into the 2012 hysteria!! Not that we should not be very concerned, but this is just hearding sheep like all the other groups with an agenda do.

justinc.1089
02-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Yeah but its advertising using very rational information about a possible coming economic cataclycism.

The first video is an advertisement for an inflation website, and the second for some investment website or something, but both of them lay out arguments that the validity of cannot be questioned. The only thing said in these videos that can be questioned is not if this catastrophe will happen, but when. Will it be in a year, or fifteen years?

Won't it pay off to be prepared for something that's going to happen in a year or fifteen years either way?

Chester Copperpot
02-20-2011, 12:24 AM
I generally dont look at anything inflation us or NIA do as a source of information.

RonPaulCult
02-20-2011, 12:26 AM
I love how they had Obama creating a new deal by executive order. Haha - nice touch.

Also, why was the sun setting at 7:30 at night in December?

I agree that this video is just playing on people's fears. I read a book in the early 90's called BANKRUPTCY 1995. I still have it on my bookshelf and it tells pretty much the same story.

I DO believe that a dollar collapse could come - but nobody knows when - and it's always possible we will reverse our ways.

Fear isn't the answer - knowledge is.

RonPaulCult
02-20-2011, 12:28 AM
This is about 3 hours long - but pretty awesome. Everybody should watch it:

http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse

justinc.1089
02-20-2011, 02:06 AM
I wasn't even saying the first video is important... I said I just posted it for people to watch if they wanted to since it kind of depicts some of the potential effects of hyperinflation.

The second video is the one everybody needs to watch, just in case anyone here has not already seen the information it contains.

Gary Johnson recently said on Freedom Watch that people will keep getting SS checks. He then continued to say that the SS checks just won't pay for anything because inflation will be too bad.

Ron Paul said that the government is in the process of failing at CPAC recently, meaning most states are bankrupt, most banks are bankrupt, we have an impossible amount of debt to eliminate, and other countries such as China are taking early steps to move towards replacing the dollar as the world's reserve currency with another currency or mix or currencies. A lot of states are in such bad financial conditions that without federal bailouts they will not be able to fund pensions they owe to thousands, maybe even millions of people.

You guys are seriously going to call this stuff just simple fearmongering simply because these two videos are advertising for websites???

Also, Ron Paul Cult, it is not possible for us to reverse our ways now. In the next 2-15 years we will face massive inflation, possibly even hyperinflation, and in the worst case scenario, we will see the dollar lose its status as the world's reserve currency. Do you realize the debt we're in is literally impossible to pay off?

When was the last time the United States went through a currency crisis? If we are not immune to economic laws, and history repeats itself, then we are due for a serious currency crisis soon.

justinc.1089
02-20-2011, 02:11 AM
This is about 3 hours long - but pretty awesome. Everybody should watch it:

http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse

I'm checking this out right now, so you better have watched the video I posted lol! Jk (but really, watch it lol)

dannno
02-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Knowing this was made by inflation.us beforehand would have been helpful..

justinc.1089
02-20-2011, 02:20 AM
The first video isn't the one I want everyone to see! I said that...

The second video is NOT made by inflation.us!

What's bad about inflation.us though? I went on their website once or twice and never saw anything that seemed seriously wrong, but I didn't really look at too much either to be fair.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-20-2011, 02:24 AM
we were all supposed to be in fema camps like 2 years ago

justinc.1089
02-20-2011, 02:41 AM
we were all supposed to be in fema camps like 2 years ago

Really? What economist said that? I recall certain economists predicting the current recession because they understand the results of fiat money and impossibly high debt, but I don't recall those economists predicting that we were supposed to be in fema camps two years ago.

Do you realize people in our economics forum are saying the SAME EXACT THINGS as in these two videos right now? For example, in both of those videos mining stocks are mentioned as being likely to surge while inflation goes up, and people in our own economic forums are discussing about buying into mining stocks with that being one reason mentioned.

Seriously, get your head out of the ground and start thinking about how you should prepare in case we do head into an economic depression. China is already making moves that would make it easier for them to deal with the world's reserve currency being changed from the dollar to something else. Timothy Geithner either talked about the idea of dumping the dollar as the world's reserve currency himself, or said it was being talked about during some big bank meeting he attended. The results of the dollar no longer being the world's reserve currency WILL be an economic catastrophe for this country like we have never seen in our lives.

So if that does happen, are you prepared? If it doesn't happen, and you're prepared, so what? There will still be some inflation, so owning gold and silver will still pay off. But if your money is suddenly worthless, then you will be stuck in the poor house for a long time.

Maybe you're in a better area of the country, but here where I'm at in South Carolina, the economy is truly on the brink. Businesses are failing everywhere. If things don't improve in the next year or two, I'm fully expecting to start seeing entire malls begin to fail here.

Let me tell you the situation of where I work. I work in a business in an outdoor mall. I have been there for 7 years. We have had over 65 businesses shut down in the past 2 years. Most businesses are now down to only about 75% of the workers they previously employed. I am currently unemployed at the moment because the business I work in simply can't afford to have ANY employees right now. The owner is working 9 hour days everyday and he's 72 years old. We have about 1-2 years left because we've been operating in the red for about a year now. And its not just us. The entire mall is operating in the red now. The mall got a loan, and as soon as it can't meet the payments on that loan for operations, its the end of the game I would think, unless they're able to get another loan to keep operating. Before the recession began, business was great at our mall, and no businesses failed really. I can't think of a single business that failed during my first 4-5 years at my job in our mall.

If that's not on the brink then I don't know what is. I have enough sense and mental courage to admit that if the dollar loses its status as the world's reserve currency our economy will be pushed over the edge. There are far too many people, organizations, and businesses currently about to fail to survive any further decline in our economy.

AZKing
02-20-2011, 07:13 AM
Heck I need to buy some more silver! :P

Danke
02-20-2011, 07:32 AM
I was talking to Peter Schiff in my dream a few hours ago. We were laughing at people's economic ignorance. He said I was now part of his "A team." Whatever that means...

Paulatized
02-20-2011, 07:58 AM
This reminded me that I got the second video as an email and when i pulled it up on my bb it was in transcript form instead of video and I was able to read it twice as fast as listening to a video. Anyway I realized it was a ploy to pull in clients but thought the information, although intentionally designed to play on fear of collapse of the economy, was not totally off base. They evidently got my email from The Liberty Watch. My question, is that a legitimate site? Not sure how The Liberty Watch got my email unless I was voting in a poll? Don't think I've heard it mentioned on this forum before.

wormyguy
02-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Porter Stansberry? Can't be the same Porter Stansberry who was just fined $1.5 million by the SEC for pump-and-dump schemes (http://briandeer.com/vaxgen/stansberry-fraud.htm), can it?

qh4dotcom
02-20-2011, 12:29 PM
as long as foreigners continue propping up this economy and the U.S government's sugar daddies like China keep buying bonds I don't see hyperinflation anywhere near.

justinc.1089
02-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Porter Stansberry? Can't be the same Porter Stansberry who was just fined $1.5 million by the SEC for pump-and-dump schemes (http://briandeer.com/vaxgen/stansberry-fraud.htm), can it?

I didn't say anything about the guy. I don't know him and judging from the way the email version of this looked and how he pushes viewers to sign up for whatever, an email I guess, he seems questionable to me as well. And even more so due to the information you posted.

But people with bad intentions have access to accurate information as well as people with good intentions. So do you mind refuting the information rather than the person or people behind it? I didn't post it to say the person or people behind it are great. I posted it for the *information.*

justinc.1089
02-20-2011, 05:43 PM
as long as foreigners continue propping up this economy and the U.S government's sugar daddies like China keep buying bonds I don't see hyperinflation anywhere near.

So you seriously think that can go on forever? Despite bankers and politicians constantly making remarks about dumping the dollar as the world's reserve currency? Have you read about the Austrian theory of the business cycle at all?

This can't go on forever, or much longer. Its already been going on for decades. I don't know if it will only be a couple more years, Peter Schiff says he thinks 2013 or 2014, but I do know in 1-15 years there *will be massive inflation.*

justinc.1089
02-20-2011, 05:47 PM
This reminded me that I got the second video as an email and when i pulled it up on my bb it was in transcript form instead of video and I was able to read it twice as fast as listening to a video. Anyway I realized it was a ploy to pull in clients but thought the information, although intentionally designed to play on fear of collapse of the economy, was not totally off base. They evidently got my email from The Liberty Watch. My question, is that a legitimate site? Not sure how The Liberty Watch got my email unless I was voting in a poll? Don't think I've heard it mentioned on this forum before.

I don't know about the site. It doesn't seem too legitimate to me personally. And I'm not concerned about it. I could care less about who made the video and what they're selling or want you to subscribe too.

I'm interested in sharing the information contained in the video itself. I have posted articles from Mises.org on here before, but no one pays attention to them. They don't even get a single reply usually. But then I post a video summing up the majority of what those articles said in a simple form, and everyone says to disregard the video's information simply because its advertising something. I'm glad you realize as I do that just because its advertising something doesn't mean its inaccurate information.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Really? What economist said that? I recall certain economists predicting the current recession because they understand the results of fiat money and impossibly high debt, but I don't recall those economists predicting that we were supposed to be in fema camps two years ago.

Do you realize people in our economics forum are saying the SAME EXACT THINGS as in these two videos right now? For example, in both of those videos mining stocks are mentioned as being likely to surge while inflation goes up, and people in our own economic forums are discussing about buying into mining stocks with that being one reason mentioned.

Seriously, get your head out of the ground and start thinking about how you should prepare in case we do head into an economic depression. China is already making moves that would make it easier for them to deal with the world's reserve currency being changed from the dollar to something else. Timothy Geithner either talked about the idea of dumping the dollar as the world's reserve currency himself, or said it was being talked about during some big bank meeting he attended. The results of the dollar no longer being the world's reserve currency WILL be an economic catastrophe for this country like we have never seen in our lives.

So if that does happen, are you prepared? If it doesn't happen, and you're prepared, so what? There will still be some inflation, so owning gold and silver will still pay off. But if your money is suddenly worthless, then you will be stuck in the poor house for a long time.

Maybe you're in a better area of the country, but here where I'm at in South Carolina, the economy is truly on the brink. Businesses are failing everywhere. If things don't improve in the next year or two, I'm fully expecting to start seeing entire malls begin to fail here.

Let me tell you the situation of where I work. I work in a business in an outdoor mall. I have been there for 7 years. We have had over 65 businesses shut down in the past 2 years. Most businesses are now down to only about 75% of the workers they previously employed. I am currently unemployed at the moment because the business I work in simply can't afford to have ANY employees right now. The owner is working 9 hour days everyday and he's 72 years old. We have about 1-2 years left because we've been operating in the red for about a year now. And its not just us. The entire mall is operating in the red now. The mall got a loan, and as soon as it can't meet the payments on that loan for operations, its the end of the game I would think, unless they're able to get another loan to keep operating. Before the recession began, business was great at our mall, and no businesses failed really. I can't think of a single business that failed during my first 4-5 years at my job in our mall.

If that's not on the brink then I don't know what is. I have enough sense and mental courage to admit that if the dollar loses its status as the world's reserve currency our economy will be pushed over the edge. There are far too many people, organizations, and businesses currently about to fail to survive any further decline in our economy.

And what's buying gold going to do? What's gold worth when people are only interested in food and clean water?

justinc.1089
02-20-2011, 06:13 PM
And what's buying gold going to do? What's gold worth when people are only interested in food and clean water?

Will people only barter, only trading what they each want or need for exactly what the other person wants or needs? Sounds very impractical to me. Trying to use a currency that's constantly going down in value also sounds very impractical to me.

Other things will become in demand as money, silver will be among them to a certain degree. During times of hyperinflation people that had gold have bought entire city blocks for a small number of ounces of gold before.

Plus, gold and silver will increase in value during times of massive inflation. Gold and silver are actually rising in price right now, and judging from a historical perspective, silver could potentially keep rising for a long time, unless the price is manipulated down.

You will also never lose your wealth if it is in the form of gold and silver because even during times of extreme inflation, even if banks fail and the money becomes completely worthless, gold and silver will rise in price preserving your wealth.

So if gold and silver preserve your wealth, no matter how much prices go up, at any time you can convert your gold and silver into money and buy what you need. If you have $10 of silver today, and tomorrow inflation was so bad another person's literal $10 becomes worth only $1, they're in trouble if they need something that ends up costing them $10 because they thought dollars were safe to preserve their wealth with the day before.

But you, having converted your wealth from dollars to gold and silver, are safe because while yesterday your gold and silver was worth only $10, today it can still buy the same amount it could yesterday. Its a store of value that is safer than fiat money.

You: $10 yesterday you use to buy $10 of gold and silver.
Other: $10 yesterday saved as $10

You: Gold and silver's price leaps up with inflation, retaining the same purchasing power as yesterday, storing the value of your wealth.
Other: Ten dollars suddenly become worth only one dollar due to massive inflation, other has only 1/10th of the purchasing power they had yesterday, and only 1/10th of the value of their wealth still stored away.

Buying gold before an inflationary period will do the same thing buying gold does right now. Its an excellent store of value.

ctiger2
02-20-2011, 06:16 PM

Silver and Gold will store your purchasing power during fiat currency debasement. But, sure you have to have your priorities straight. If you don't have food, water & protection it wouldn't make much sense to buy any Silver or Gold.

justinc.1089
02-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Silver and Gold will store your purchasing power during fiat currency debasement. But, sure you have to have your priorities straight. If you don't have food, water & protection it wouldn't make much sense to buy any Silver or Gold.

Food and silver and/or gold will be equally important to have if massive inflations happens. Unless you can go buy 5-10 years worth of food and store it right now, and be sure it won't rot or be stolen that is. And it sure would get boring eating the same food for a long time.

But yes, thinking about food and safety are important just like gold and silver.

qh4dotcom
02-20-2011, 07:29 PM
So you seriously think that can go on forever? Despite bankers and politicians constantly making remarks about dumping the dollar as the world's reserve currency? Have you read about the Austrian theory of the business cycle at all?

This can't go on forever, or much longer. Its already been going on for decades. I don't know if it will only be a couple more years, Peter Schiff says he thinks 2013 or 2014, but I do know in 1-15 years there *will be massive inflation.*

I agree it will end but right now asking world leaders to impose discipline on the U.S government is like asking a sugar daddy to impose discipline on his women....both the sugar daddy and current world leaders don't have the guts to say No to the Obama administration, which seems to get whatever it wants. I'm tired of all this talk about dumping the dollar...all talk but no action...the Chinese president came here last month and instead of talking tough and imposing discipline, he's making deals with the Obama administration. I just don't think current world leaders have the guts to say No to the Obama administration (Putin might be the exception)...there need to be new world leaders elected who do have the guts or the citizens of their countries haver to wise up and begin demanding their leaders to impose discipline on the US. Like I said earlier as long as the Obama adminstration seems to get whatever it wants from foreign governments I just don't see the hyperinflation.