PDA

View Full Version : Firefighter Refused to Respond to Giffords Shooting

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Weird, and lots of holes in this story...I'm not sure what to make of this.

Firefighter Refused to Respond to Giffords Shooting

Cited political reasons at first, but later said he was just too distraught

http://www.newser.com/story/112379/gabrielle-giffords-shooting-firefighter-refused-to-respond-to-tucson-tragedy.html

(Newser) – A Tucson firefighter may have slowed down his unit’s response to the Jan. 8 shooting spree targeting Gabrielle Giffords—because he refused to go out on the call. According to city memos, Mark Ekstrum, a 28-year veteran, “mentioned something about 'political bantering' and he did not want to be part of it” when he refused, and said he was acting "for the good of the crew." Upon being told that wasn’t a valid reason for refusing a call, Ekstrum "started to say something about how he had a much different political viewpoint than the rest of the crew" then told his captain he was going home sick. As supervisors considered how to discipline him, he retired two days later, the Arizona Daily Star reports.

Ekstrum’s refusal caused “confusion and delay” during the preparatory process, and one fire engine had to stop along the way to pick up a replacement, but his crew was not one of the initial teams on the scene; they responded in a support, not emergency, fashion. Ekstrum later apologized and explained in a statement that he doesn’t have any problem with Giffords and even voted for her in the last election, but that he was distraught over the shooting and thus “distracted to the point of not being able to perform my routine station duties to such an extent that I seriously doubted my ability to focus on an emergency call.” In lighter Giffords news, the Star notes that she sang “American Pie” over the weekend, and knew all the words.

Live Free or Die
02-19-2011, 03:39 PM
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_68abdf02-1d37-5e14-9974-6eeff8a22210.html

"While the crew was not among those called first to the shooting scene - they were not dispatched until about 90 minutes after the shootings "

and

"Crews at Tucson Fire's Station 6,10251 S. Wilmot Road, were dispatched at 12:03 p.m. Jan. 8, seven minutes after the last patient arrived at the hospital, said Joe Gulotta, an assistant fire chief. They responded as a support crew, in a non-emergency way with the Metropolitan Medical Response System (MMRS), a large delivery truck with tents, medical supplies, water and cots, used after the shootings to assist those who were not seriously injured."

As my great-grandpa always exclaimed when we kids rushed through his house knocking things over, "Where's the fire?!"

Can't blame the guy for not wanting to waste taxpayer dollars to hand out water bottles and shiny, silver, expensive, disposable blankets to onlookers who arrived late and may have caught the vapors in time for the TV News cameras. Just sayin'.

amy31416
02-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Yo, dude. This thread's a dupe.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?280406-Lady-GAGA-promotes-safe-sex-on-Good-Morning-America&p=3121922&viewfull=1#post3121922

pcosmar
02-19-2011, 03:46 PM
A weird story, full of inexplicable weirdness.
Just got weirder.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Yo, dude. This thread's a dupe.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?280406-Lady-GAGA-promotes-safe-sex-on-Good-Morning-America&p=3121922&viewfull=1#post3121922

Ahahahahahha...Rick Rolled.

amy31416
02-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Ahahahahahha...Rick Rolled.

:p

Gotcha! And I made ya look at that creature again.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 04:22 PM
:p

Gotcha! And I made ya look at that creature again.

LoL, it actually gave me a chance to post a relevant fact in the thread.

Still doesn't mean I don't owe you a "gotcha" now. ;)

amy31416
02-19-2011, 05:01 PM
LoL, it actually gave me a chance to post a relevant fact in the thread.

Still doesn't mean I don't owe you a "gotcha" now. ;)

Ha. Good luck with that. :D

Anti Federalist
02-20-2011, 11:12 AM
///

Aratus
02-20-2011, 12:37 PM
this is even worse.
we are getting deeper
into this, and its getting
way past "lone wolf"
and alientist studies.